A Long But Sincere Post

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

A Long But Sincere Post

Postby s4son » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:01 pm

Now that I have calmed down a little from seeing all the tears at Minden I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone that made the trip possible. I’ll start with Mr. Tim Erickson at the T.O. Haas tire store in Lincoln. When our car broke down and the first garage we went to told us it would be overnight before they could fix it I went to T.O. Haas. Not only did Mr. Erickson take the time to fix my car he did so at a very reasonable price. This allowed us to complete the trip and for that I am grateful.

The staff at Pioneer Village. From the moment we checked in Friday night until Sunday morning when we checked out the entire staff was friendly and helpful.

George Thornton and his crew of volunteers. Without the hard work and hours these folks put in the event could not have been so successful. That it went off with nary a hitch is testament to the hard work and planning that went into the event.

Camp-Inn and Grant Whipp for providing door prizes for the new builders at the potluck dinner. I’m not sure who donated what, but once again we were made to feel like part of the crowd.

And my new Teardrop friends. My only regret is that I only had one day to meet and talk to all of you. I can honestly say that not one person had a negative or unfriendly word. What a group! We are so new to teardropping that we don’t even have a trailer, yet everyone went out of their way to make us feel like part of the group. We felt immediately comfortable and amongst friends.

And my wife Sylvia. This was an important trip for us because Syl wasn’t sure she would like teardrops. I’m not sure which impressed her more, the trailers or the people. She is now officially part of the teardrop movement and we can’t wait to get started building.

And last but not least, my new virtual (and some not so virtual) friends from this message board. I had the opportunity to meet a couple of you that I had only e-mailed before. You folks on this board are great and I look forward to meeting all of you some day at a TD gathering.

My heartfelt thanks to all,
Scott Forsen
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby Arne » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:24 pm

Scott, sounds like you have a severe case of tear-drop-itis..../g/

Come up with a plan, have fun building, and join the crowd.... (I recommend queen-size, btw, I don't care what these 4' wide guys say)... and a foot longer in a tear drop makes a big difference....

Maybe we can have a group planning session??? That would be cool. You could tell people you had a 100 friends help you with the build..!
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Return to National/International