Mexico Gathering?

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Mexico Gathering?

Postby mexican tear » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:24 pm

We are looking to see if there is any interest in a Mexico Gathering. We have a place,and we have the time. I would like feed back on when would be the best time. . The only restriction on this end would be Spring Break / Easter. That is a bad time to travel here in Mexico, and near impossible for accomodations.
We were thinking the end of Feb. or first of March but we are flexible. We would stage in Brownsville Texas.
We will be waiting to hear from you.
Kai and Lois
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Lazybones » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:19 pm

I am interested in the trip! :thumbsup: I have been thinking about it ever since you mentioned it in Minden. My friends Mike and Shiela said they would like to go also. The end of Febuary sounds great to me as it is wet and rainy in my neck of the woods that time of the year. ( Northern California )

Lee
Last edited by Lazybones on Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Postby grant whipp » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:32 am

Kai & Lois!

A Gathering in Mexico in late-Feb./early-Mar. sounds like a great respite from the winter up here in some of the states! Check some of the listings at www.teardrops.net/destinations01.html (and the listings here, of course) in that same time period - seems I remember the Florida group and maybe the Texas group having something going on 'round that same time. Lisa & I would love to come down, but since we both still work in the school system up here, our travel time is limited to two weeks 'round Christmas and the summer.

It'll be great ... I know it will ... ;-} ;-} ...!

Lee!

Drop me a note at [email protected] will you? I've got an idea I think you might be interested in ... ;-} ;-} ...!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby edlfrey » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:55 pm

Kai & Lois,

I'm looking to get a different tow vehicle. If that happens and I get it set up to tow AND doctor and dentist appointment don't conflict - then I'd like to be there!

Having you there to walk me through the border crossing paper work will be worth the trip so I'm going to try my best. Either Feb or Mar will be fine but Mar will give me more time.

Make me a tenative YES.

ED
edlfrey
Teardrop Master

Postby mexican tear » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:29 pm

Hey all
The end of Feb is the coconut festival. We make the longest coconut candy in the world. We are currently trying to get it in the Guines world records. I am waiting for the director of tourisum to give us the exact dates.

We have a beautiful beachfront site set up, with bathrooms and hot showers. Oh yes a great restraunt too.

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:38 pm

Kai and Lois,
There is no way I'll be done by then... any allowances for a "soft-sider?" :lol:
Like Grant and Lisa, Joanie is an educator, but I know she gets a little time off in February because of Presidents Week.
If your gathering is during that time, she might want to fly down if she doesn't already have travel plans...

Postby mexican tear » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:46 pm

Come any way you can. If your tear is not done,or not able to get here, then a tent I have here will work just great.
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:06 am

Kai, what kind of paper work will we need to come accross the border. :thinking:

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mexican tear » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:03 am

At the border you will need your registration for your vehiche, a credit card , valid drivers license, and a passport. You can pass without the pasport but these days it is better to have one, especially when returning.
The visa is about $20.00 , valid for six months and the permit for your vehicle about $40.00 . Insurance can be bought at the border for the number of days you will be in country. You can check with your agent in the States but most will only cover you in the frontier.{the first 25 kilometers}
Our plan is to gather at a local travel trailer park in Brownsville and take you to the border as you arrive to do the paper work. It is not difficult but can be time consuming. TIM [this is Mexico]

Hasta Luego
Lois
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby mexican tear » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:54 pm

Hey all

Here is an interesting site.

Tecolutla

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Kathleen » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:41 pm

How far from the border are you?
I am a teacher so don't have a great deal of days off except for the usual school holidays. But I am in Austin so it isn't that far that I couldn't get down there for a weekend if you are not too far from the border.

Also in insurance-- your liability insurance is no good in Mexico. You are required by law to purchase Mexico liability insurance. But your collision insurance sometimes covers you for a few miles into mexico. Best to get that also.
I always buy for the year. It's cheaper if you plan to spend any amount of time in Mexico.
Kathleen
Kathleen
Teardrop Builder

Postby mexican tear » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:47 pm

Kathleen

If you are going to the Inks Lake gathering later this month, we can talk then. If you can not make it for the gathering, just come out for the day.

If we do not get together, then we will proceed from there. I am 500 miles south of Brownsville. Look on your map in the "bellybutton" area on mexico. go directly East from Pozarica, Veracruz.

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby TIN LIBBY » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:34 pm

HEY THERE...I`LL GO IF CLIFF DOES. JOHN
TIN LIBBY
Teardrop Builder

Return to National/International