Early UK meet... WIth the Dubbers

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Early UK meet... WIth the Dubbers

Postby jackdaw » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:51 am

Next weekend will be our first meet of the year ......We're going to Dubaid. A charity VW show Raising money for the Great Ormand Street Childerns Hospital.

It's an early meet so we're not expecting many takers, but We're sure to have a good time all the same.

I'm hoping to have Mambo finished for the event, So I better get on up the workshop and crack on :lol: :lol:

If any Brits fancy joining us you'd be made very welcome :D :D

We'll post some photo's when we get back

Cheers, Dave.
jackdaw
500 Club

Re: Early UK meet... WIth the Dubbers

Postby jackdaw » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Well what a fantastic weekend. :D :D
We didn't have the best of weather, but that didn't dampen our spirits.... :rainy: :rainy: :rainy:
We went fairly well prepared, but I can honestly say in all the years we've been teardropping we've never had conditions anywhere near as bad as this weekends at mudaid.
Only three of us made it to our pitch un-aided :lol: With the other two being towed in :lol: :lol: It was proper wet from the off..
The Skanksters played Friday night and we stomped the night away... with a really cheap bar ...Serving mulled cider :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think it rained all night Friday so by Saturday morning we were close to swamp-like conditions at the back of the trailer. A high wind in the night had taken out a fair few gazebos... and loads of the dubbers were heading for the exits...with the help of Chris and Tracey's Discovery....
We heard the entertainment was still going ahead for Saturday night, and decided to stick around and see what what was going to happen. No day visitors were allowed in as the ground conditions were just too bad.
We were chuffed to bits when one of the organizers stopped off early Saturday afternoon to let us know we won the Best Club Display :eyebrows2: The only award handed out on the Saturday :dancing:
We did a little skip raid after receiving our trophy ....and salvaged some discarded gazebos that were proptly laid behind the trailers as ground sheets... It certainly made conditions considerably better ...Like putting on dry socks when you've got wet feet :goodmorning:
The trailers got a fair bit of attention over the weekend, and seemed to be well received. We had bought a table top patio heater that work well to warm our feet.
Saturdays nights entertainment was good and the mulled cider went down well...again.. :dancing: :dancing:
We were in no hurry to leave on Sunday ......and to my surprise I won best Spliscreen van 8)

I think it's safe to say if we knew what we were going to have to put up with before we went....We might not have gone. But having done it, and made the most of it.... We had a brilliant time and can take anything that come in the future :lol: :lol: Hardcore teardropping :cheerswine: :cheerswine:

There's loads of photos on the facebook page...but for those that don't do facebook...heres a few to give you a taste of Mudaid 3 thanks to Ben Hurst, who's planning his first build :thumbsup:

Rolling in on Friday afternoon...

Following closely behind

Waiting to be towed to our pitch....

Friday night in the marque

Happy feet LOL: LOL:

Saturday morning....swamp-like

A new Jagermeister dispenser ....

And a Handy Red Bull dispenser to go with it

Groundsheets helped a lot

Happy camping :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
jackdaw
500 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Looks like you guys had a great time. Sometimes the worst weather make the best gatherings. Too bad you are so far away. We could fill that place!!!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jackdaw » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:Looks like you guys had a great time. Sometimes the worst weather make the best gatherings. Too bad you are so far away. We could fill that place!!!

It really turned out great. We have a growing interest in teardrops over here...so you never know, one day we might be able to fill a venue with over 100 trailers....It's not going to happen any time soon though .

Cheers, Dave
jackdaw
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:58 am

Looked like one of our spring gatherings.....

The teardrop bug is very infectious ! We have been in two state parks where the newspaper and TV coverage we were able to get for the event caused the state park gatekeepers to wave the entrance fee for the folks that just wanted to drive thru and SEE the tiny trailers. We had many visitors and gave many tours.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to National/International