Gathering at Minden

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Gathering at Minden

Postby josephhanson » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:52 pm

I have been reading "lurking" for about a year now. With the help of all who talked about construction, my trailer is almost finished. It is a "canned ham" style. Six feet wide and eight feet long. It has an indoor kitchen, so it is not a teardrop, as has been pointed out in other discussion groups. My question is this, are there any non-teardrops going to Minden next summer. I would love to see all the handy work I've been reading about and meet the crafters. But, if non-teardroppers are not welcome I can stay away. What are the non-traditional teardroppers out there doing?
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:59 pm

Hey Joseph,

Do you have any photos of your tiny travel trailer?

As for Minden, I haven't heard much yet. I'll assume for the moment that everyone is welcome. I did say "ass-u-me" didn't I?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:08 pm

sounds like a good topic for a pole,,I vote to let the home builts and restored other trailer catigories come on,,It will be our loss if we dont include other craftsman and in general good folks in one hell of a weekend,,there is probably a thing or two we could learn from them,,,they just got to be in a teardrop or tiny trailer,,say 12 to 14' and under,,, I woukld suggest that they segregate the different trailers to their respective areas,,what yall think,,

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby josephhanson » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:24 pm

I do have pictures, but they are the old fashioned kind. I'll have to get my daughter to do the 'letronic pictures so I can post them.
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:25 pm

Who is the main Minden organizer?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby tdthinker » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:07 pm

I dont have my tear done, not even started, but we do have an older restored camper. I hope we can come. bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Postby Mike Spicer » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:54 pm

Mike
I think George Thorton may be Organizing Minden.
Mike S.
Home Built 4x10
Mike Spicer
Teardrop Builder

Postby tdthinker » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:57 pm

Does he know when it is going on yet?
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Postby Grant » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:11 am

"Who is the main Minden organizer?"

Goerge Thornton in, indeed, the main organizer of the 1st International Teardrop Gathering (otherwise known as "Minden"), with help form points east and west. There are (and will be) regional contacts for folks to route their questions to. Still working out some details, but complete official information is not too far off.

Since this event is drawing a awful lot of attention (and quite a bit from "outside" the teardrop ranks), and the fact that Pioneer Village has over 75 avilable rooms in 3 era-perfect motels on-site, I think it's reasonably safe to "assume" that there will be a number of non-teardrop tiny trailer and "other" RV folk that would like to take in the sites and share in the fun, as well. I think that it would be reasonable to "assume" that this being a "Teardrop Gathering", that teardrops will have priority in the two "main" camping areas and the "others" will be able to fill in where there's room left and/or in the "overflow" camping area. And until the complete official information comes out, I'd say that was a reasonably safe assumption ... ;-} ;-} ...

CHEERS!

Grant
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're on Teardrop Time" ... so kick back and focus on the Good Stuff!
Grant
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby George T. » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:44 am

Greeting from Colorado!

Well, as usual, Grant is right on the money! The International Teardrop Gathering is about teardrops. This includes current teardrop owners, teardroppers past, teardrops under construction, teadrop dreamers, teadropper wannabes, etc. If you have the teardrop spirit, this is one of the gatherings that you want to plan to attend.

Non-teardrops are certainly welcome! The same ideas work just as well in a teardrop or something not quite a teardrop... You don't even need to have a teardrop to attend. I attended several gatherings sleeping in my van, one in a Serro Scotty and even several in a tent! You have to start somewhere. And if you have been bitten by the teardrop bug, a gathering is just the place to get "the cure".

But bear in mind that "the cure" will not get rid of the teardrop bug, it will only firm up your desires and push you over the edge into actual construction. You then starting breathing, dreaming and living teardrops. You will build your teardrop multiple times in your dreams. Changing small features, wondering if everything is "just right". You will become active in several on-line discussion groups about teardrops. You will surf the web looking for information for ANYTHING that might be REMOTELY RELATED to teardrops. Glimpses of "rounded edges" will send you lurking down alleys, into fields and you will end up knocking on complete strangers doors with glazed eyes and a faraway look on your face....

So, yes, non-teardoppers are welcome. Just make sure that you pack the teardrop spirit in you camping gear. This gathering will be "On TeardropTime". It is ABOUT teardrop Trailers. As far as "The Details", I am working hard on them. There are a LOT of items to considered. I am working on getting the information to "The Commitee" so that we can post the finalzed details. Please have patience and make sure that you pass the word about the gathering to those folks who "don't do computers"...

George
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby catrinka » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:12 pm

Being from the great white north....where is Minden? And when are we talking? Even approximately, that way we might be able to make plans to come.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby Chip » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:30 pm

Kathy, it in NEE-BRAS-KEEEEE,,had to look it up my self,,on of those places I always dreamed of going and now it looks like it might happen :lol: ,,its gonna be in mid June of 2005,,not sure of exact dates,,but its on a thursday thru Sunday,,its 1240 miles and 19.4 hours travel time from Greenville SC,,so sayeth mapquest,,,

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby catrinka » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:42 pm

Hmmm 1500 miles and 24 hours for me, might have to think about this for next summer.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby tdthinker » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:17 pm

I would be very pleased if someone could tell me the exact location so I can put it in mapquest, thanks, bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Postby mexican tear » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:33 pm

How far is that from Tecolutla, Veracruz Mexico. Realy I can figure it out and we will be planning on beint there in 2005. I should be finished by then. Even though I am not that fast of a builder.

kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Next

Return to National/International