National-International Teardrop Gathering

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Postby Gus » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:25 pm

Thanks Geo, for the input. Now that I know, glad I asked! :applause:

Gus
Be alert!!!! The world needs more lerts!
Gus
Teardrop Builder

Postby JunkMan » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:23 pm

Any word on what the T shirts are going to look like yet?
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby catrinka » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:33 pm

Is there an itinerary for our days in Minden? Just wondered if there were any activities planned that we would need to bring things for.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby DestinDave » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:40 pm

Cathy... haven't heard anything about activities but I'm sure something is being planned. Meant to post this earlier but forgot: When I got my ITG reg number and called PV to confirm reservations I asked for a primitive site since I'll probably be tenting and was told they had a waiting list of 40 people. That was about 2 weeks ago! Anyone know how many T&TTT'ers are confirmed ? Anyone else been told there is a waiting list? I'd hate to have to sleep in the car in the parking lot... or on someone's picnic table...
:lol:
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby catrinka » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:44 pm

We are booked in but I booked it months ago. Think I was #104 or something like that.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby Gage » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:10 pm

Cathy & Dave,

So far there are 120 confirmed (as of mid week) and as far as bringing something for activities, I'm not sure. There was talk in the committee about maybe a pot luck on Sat. but heard no more on it. I'll do some checking and get back. I'm on the committee. I'll also ask about the waiting list. Maybe Grant will read this and know something about it.

Dave, the tent might be the problem _ I'll get back. I do know that the main campground is full and now they are going into the primitive and overflow with priorty being given to teardrops & tiny travel trailers.

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby George T. » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:08 am

Greetings from Colorado!

At last count there were 121 confirmations. Pioneer Village has three areas that we can use for camping. The main campground with power and water available. The primitive area, grassy with some trees and central communal water spigots. And an overflow area that is basically a large grassy field without power or water.

I can say that there will be LOTS of people there and that we will definitely be a small community unto ourselves. I have arranged to close off the street which is behind the main campground and the Village proper. This will give us additional space.

We should all be aware that this gathering has generated quite a bit of interest and space will be at a premium. If Pioneer Village proves to be too small for a gathering of this size, we may have to explore alternative locations in the same general area for the future. I chose Pioneer Village for several reasons. It's central location within the United States and for the unique collections housed within Pioneer Village.

Teardroppers are a special group of people. They share the love of travel, the outdoors and a mode of travel that is "outside of the norm". Whether our trailer is "homebuilt", "selfbuilt" or a "manufactured" unit, each one is unique. Each trailer has been lovingly outfitted to fit the personal needs of the owner[s]. Two trailers built side by side at the same time, to the same specifications, will be vastly different when the new owners outfit them for their personal needs/requirements.

With this in mind, teardrop trailer owners are a "hands on" group who are not afraid to tackle a project and follow a dream. Pioneer Village captures the essence of this American spirit. Whatever your interests are, you will find something to interest you. I spent a hurried two days doing a Chevy Chase “Vacation” tour of the Village and it just whetted my appetite for a more leisurely inspection. What intrigued me the most is that the items in the Village are not museum pieces, but everyday items that have been used as they were intended to be used and are still in good condition.

Pioneer Village and Minden will be a busy place during this event. This is our opportunity to share the spirit of teardropping with the Midwest. Let's show them just how special the teardrop community is! I personally am looking forward to meeting all of the folks that I have corresponded with over the years, but never face to face. I also anticipate that we will have a lot of folks that want to stop by to see a teardrop trailer firsthand, being curious or wanting ideas for when they build their own. I am sure that there might be a few folks willing to give “tours” of their trailer and share ideas/experiences…

That’s what this gathering is all about, people and teardrop trailers. Someone asked about a schedule of events. Pretty simple.

Thursday. Registration, settle in, explore and visit.

Friday. Explore, visit. A low key Dutch Oven "seminar” for some hands on, culminating in a Dutch Oven Potluck for supper. Along with this will be an old fashioned ice cream social using hand cranked ice cream machines.

Saturday. Explore, visit. An electrical workshop for teardrops. More???? Potluck, evening get together.

Sunday. Explore, visit, say goodbyes, head home.

Well, didn’t mean to be so long winded. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m getting excited! Minden, here we come!

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby catrinka » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:54 pm

Thanks George and I too am getting excited.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby mexican tear » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:43 am

To all.

If you have a teardrop and have been unable to get a spot at Minden, well I have good news for someone. I booked a full site and the people that were going to come with us have backed out.

If you have a tear and need a space let me know. I will share my full site.

I just talked to the folks at the campground and you will need to have a registation number.

I booked my site on 12/12/04.

kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:26 am

There is still plenty of room at Minden in the primitive and overflow areas. But remember the priorty is teardrops & tiny travel trailers. Appearently everything else is being put on a waiting list.

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

T-Shirts?

Postby Dave Nathanson » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:56 am

I've been waiting to mail in my $10 ITG pre-registration... Waiting on what the T Shirts are going to look like so I will know if I want one or not.

Yesterday, I finally mailed it in anyway, but I didn't order a T-Shirt because I haven't heard anything about what they are going to look like. I mean the design.What is the design and words?

I know from the http://ITG.Teardrops.net web site that the shirts will be:
"stylish ash-colored short-sleeved Henleys with a full-color logo on the back and a one-color logo on the left front." That's good to know, but not enough to make a desision on.

The last time I asked, George T was kind enough to reply that it's in the design stage, and several possibilities are on the drawing board. I'm sure there are a million things that need taking care of and I don't mean to complain. But hey, the event is approaching quickly!! What about that T-Shirt design anyway?
Dave Nathanson
Donating Member

Re: T-Shirts?

Postby Gage » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:05 pm

Dave Nathanson wrote:I've been waiting to mail in my $10 ITG pre-registration... Waiting on what the T Shirts are going to look like so I will know if I want one or not.
The last time I asked, George T was kind enough to reply that it's in the design stage, and several possibilities are on the drawing board. I'm sure there are a million things that need taking care of and I don't mean to complain. But hey, the event is approaching quickly!! What about that T-Shirt design anyway?

Why are you worring about what the T-shirt looks like? They will look like any other Car show/Teardrop gathering T-shirt. A one of a kind type thing and you'll only be able to get it there. I have yet to see a bad T-shirt at a gathering or car show. It's something that helps you to remember the event and say 'Hey I was there'. Oh, by the way, are you going to be going back there with the LockeNest Tear-A-Van?

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dave Nathanson » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:53 pm

Ah, well, call me choosey.
Yes Louise & I do plan to join you in the Tear-a-van caravan from So Cal to Nebraska. That's going to be a huge part of the fun! Like being in a fun TD parade for a few days! :twisted:

What do I need to know to join you in the tear-a-van?
Dave Nathanson
Donating Member

Re: T-Shirts?

Postby asianflava » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:06 pm

Gage wrote:
Dave Nathanson wrote: It's something that helps you to remember the event and say 'Hey I was there'.[/i][/b]

I guess that's where:
Been there, Done that, Got the T-shirt
comes from :D
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:17 pm

Dave Nathanson wrote:What do I need to know to join you in the tear-a-van?

Dave, you need to contact Dave Locke. He'll be at Sweetwater if your going. You can also read about it at http://www.lockenestteardrops.com/MindenInfo.html. It's going to coat about $115 up front. That covers all the overnight stays. All we'll do is pull into the campgrounds at days end and park and set up. All the reservations will have been made. And yes, a lot of teardrops on the road in line is like a moving car/trailer show, besides being fun. :thumbsup:

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to National/International