The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby toypusher » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 pm

It was a rainy day here with temps in 50s. We did get 4 lawns mowed before it got too ugly for mowing. Now we are only about a half a day behind. :roll: Rain tonight and maybe into the early morning tomorrow. But will be in 70s tomorrow and then 80s the rest of the week and weekend.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:47 pm

We had a good ride from the shop last night.. this the new ride from the shop. We had 15 people total. Last night the new owner.. asked me to work on his bike. To do a tune up on it. :o

We had a cold grey day again today.. some rain earlier... then a dry period with rain coming tonight. It is supposed to be rainy for a couple of days. :(

We did get tonight's ride in with out getting wet. The last few miles it had started to sprinkle.. but we nor the road got wet. On the drive home.. it was a little wetter.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:22 am

A few sprinkles around this morning and 54 degrees. Should have sun later and low to mid 70s. Wet out there so will be starting late - might just go out for breakfast this morning. :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:07 am

Rain.. rain.. rain. We have a bit of rain yesterday.. our trails are quite flooded.. more rain today and tomorrow. I don't feel so bad about having to work this week. Work was good.. Dave.. my original co-worker has been a little weird... although by yesterday afternoon he was better.

I started on the bosses tandem yesterday. Tandems take time anyways.. but I am taking my time with it.

I am enjoying work.. I like working.. I just don't like not getting other stuff done.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:19 am

Had to work alone all day yesterday. Got almost as much done as we have been doing with two people so far this season. Had to give it up after about 6 hours due to my knee hurting too much. Well, today I will have a new guy to work with for a while and then the guy I worked with last year is going join us. So, hopefully we can get all caught up with the 3 of us working together and not have to work tomorrow to finish things for the week.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:33 pm

More rain today.... although later in the day we got some sun. :)

Today was rough.. but only because I had a HORRID nights sleep. I first woke up a little after mid night. I just popped awake.. and I said hmm time to get up.. and then I looked at the clock. :o :cry: I woke about every 2 hours.

After a few nights of not sleeping today was hard.

I did pick up the metal I ordered... so I will have that to work on. Except I am working tomorrow.. we are open until 3:00.

Laurie biked to the shop tonight.. I haven't bikes since Tuesday.. :( I didn't have the energy for a ride.. but I got in a quick workout... tire flipping.. sledge hammers.. burpees and ... and then some boxing.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:49 am

Well after working all alone Thursday and putting in a tough 10.5 hour day Friday and not sleeping well over the last 3 or 4 days, I was totally trashed all day yesterday. Doing much better today though still a bit tired.

The boss is going to mow a couple yards today to help catch up, but looks like I will be mowing everyday this week. I was going to do a mulch job Monday, but he hot a couple other guys to do it instead.

Doing laundry today and need to mow my yard sometime today. Not looking forward to that at all. :roll:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:19 pm

It was weird working at the shop Saturday, but it was a good day. It wasn't all that busy.. we have had rainy yucky weather.. and Saturday was good.. so people were probably out doing stuff, instead of shopping. Dave [the manager bought us lunch] and the owners Dave and Lisa came in for a bit.. to hang out.. and to help out if needed.

We generally don't do much for regular service on Saturday's because we are usually busy with customers. I did end up doing some work on a bike. Installing a rear rack and such.

We got the roof installed on on my addition when I got home.

This morning we did a fun group bike ride.... then after lunch went back to work on the building.. getting the metal installed on the wall. We then did some yard work.. starting in on downed branches.

Tomorrow might be showery. I need to run to the lumber yard.. to pick up boards for the end walls... and I guess I can start making my next gabions. I can get them wired together, but I do need to plaster the back of the parapet.. before I place it... and that has to wait for better weather. .
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon May 01, 2017 5:01 am

It is pouring rain out. :( and it sounds like it will be quite wet all day, with temps in the low 40's. I can still pick up some lumber... and... hmm I will have to look at what else I can work on.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon May 01, 2017 6:08 am

58 and foggy here this morning. Should clear off and hit 80 or so today. Too wet to start mowing, so will start about 9 this morning. Still have lawns left over from last week we need to get done and then start on this weeks lawns. Was supposed to do a big mulch job today, but since we are behind on mowing, I will be trying get caught up on that.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon May 01, 2017 9:13 am

We are still at 40.. and wet. It has let up at times.. but most of the time it's raining pretty hard.

I have been to the lumber yard.. and have done some work outside. I did some plastering on the porch. The plastered area is under cover.. where I was working was not.. and it started raining harder while in the middle of it.

I was going to haul some of the lumber out to the new addition.. and build my first ramp.. or to start making a door frame... but I would rather wait until it lets up.

hmm forgot I can start making some more gabions... although I don't want pouring rain for that either.

I did make some hearts.. and a few stars out of plaster [concrete] I troweled out flat a lump of plaster.. onto some plastic folding cutting boards.. and cut them out with "cookie" cutters. I will later tint them, and apply them to this plaster support. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon May 01, 2017 4:31 pm

The rain did get lighter through the afternoon... although still wet and cool.

The gabions I am working on now are smaller.. roughly 3x6x4 I was able to cut the pieces and then tie them together inside the new dog house. It worked pretty good. I had the walls to help hold things before they were tied.. and I had places to set tools.

I did get a full gabion tied... 4 sides and a bottom... I have to plaster first.. and have a little earth work before I place it. I am looking forward to getting that done.. or at least the prep.. then Laurie can putter way with filling them. hmm I do have a little more soffit work to do up there. I need to install a little and then do some staining.

Work tomorrow... and perhaps another wet day.. actually the whole week doesn't sound all that good again. :cry:

I did get out for a little sledge hammer work out... sledge hammer and a few other things. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed May 03, 2017 6:34 am

An ok day at work... and a good ride last night.. Later in the day we were excited to see a bright area where the sun was... It was still a solid mass of clouds.. but just some brightness was welcomed.

We gambled on the ride.. it was in the low 50's... so better than 40 the night before. We actually saw some blue sky.. and while it was pretty black in places.. we did see some sky.

Home after the ride.. it poured.. real real heavy... stuff that would have been miserable.

We have sun at the moment.. and today doesn't sound too bad.... so I will work on the barn addition. I hope to start putting up some wall boards..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed May 03, 2017 6:51 am

Been a couple rough days at work, but not terrible. Went to doctor about my knee last night and the next step will be arthroscopic surgery with down time of 2 - 4 weeks. So, unless it gets so bad that I just can't stand it, I will wait until the end of the mowing season to have that done. She said it really makes no difference if I have it done now or wait 5 or 6 months.

No rain for today or tomorrow, but much cooler now. Highs in low 60s for the next week or so. Friday is going to be rainy the say so have to try and get all the mowing done today and tomorrow. We knew it would be bad at the end of the week so started Tuesdays mowing on Monday, etc.

Hoping to get out to the range this weekend with Mark. Just have to see how things and the weather work out.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Thu May 04, 2017 5:46 am

Should be a fairly nice day today. 48 and sunny now but supposed to cloud up and be about 64 for a high. Not sure who I will be working with today, but it should be interesting for sure. Have a lot to get done because it is supposed to start raining tonight and right thru mid day tomorrow and even then some showers the rest of the day.

So, I should have Fri thru Sun off for a change! :D
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic