The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Sat May 20, 2017 9:15 am

We started yesterday morning at 70 degrees also.. this morning 40. It was quite nice out..

I think we finally have the branches picked up off the lawn. I also had a couple of trees that had some down.. cleared up. I also cut 5 storm damaged trees.

I did not do that bike ride yet. I am not sure if I will work on the barn.. or do some more mowing. I sort of wanted to do trail work.. but I am glad to have the lawn cleaned up. I was also pretty sore.. so I don't really need to head to the woods.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Sat May 20, 2017 1:13 pm

We have gotten up into the 60's today... with something of a breeze.. and man is that better than the 90's stuff [in mid May] We have most of the lawn mowed... now also and started using the wheeled string trimmer on the skinny farm. I didn't get that quite done.. but I need to hydrate.. and maybe rest a little before trying to come up with the gumption to ride.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun May 21, 2017 6:19 pm

I had a pretty good ride Saturday night.. I felt kind of blech on the bike to start with.. handling so-so.. and legs empty. I did get in over 6 miles [on the Playground those miles come hard.] My handling felt a little better once I had been on the bike.

I did decide to go and do the race. Laurie rode her bike part way.. leaving before me. We had 4 of use representing our club and the shop. All 4 of use got on the podium. Paul my co-worker.. got 3rd, in the longer race. I got 3rd in the shorter.

Being out of shape.. and heavier.. I was going to go down and have fun. I even chose to use the Krampus.. my heavy.. dropped bar.. bike with NO suspension.

I ended up going into the single track in 3rd place.. with Jamie right behind me... after not much time Jerry.. was able to make it to right behind Jamie. Not to far in.. we had made it past... the guys in 1st and 2nd. We also had caught and passed some of the guys from the other group.. that had headed out before us.

So much for taking it easy.... :roll: I had Jamie and Jerry breathing down my neck.. but they didn't want to pass.

At the end of the lap.. we ride across a parking lot type space.. where Jerry and I swapped places. This course is pretty technical.. [rough] and I was getting pretty beat up. My lower back was pretty sore.

Now in 3rd place.... I was worried about staying on the podium.. how far back was 4th place? I tried to keep a good pace.... but did back off just a tad... although I was able to increase my lead over 4th. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon May 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Another showery day.. actually much of the week sounds iffy... :cry:

I ended up doing more plastering work today. I put the finish coat on the partial wall behind the porch fireplace. I did get a little trail work in as well.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue May 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Yeah, been dodging rain around here too and will the rest of the week it looks like. Hard to keep a mowing schedule with rain off an on so much.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby caseydog » Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Hello again. Once again, I am still alive. :D

I can't say I've been too busy to post. I've just been too distracted, or lazy, or both.

Not much happening here. I went to Houston for Mother's day, and cooked rotisserie chicken and Jamaican rice and peas. The chicken was awesome. I seriously overcooked the rice.

Not much else to say.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Tue May 23, 2017 7:08 pm

Hey CD..

I was going to say the chicken and rice and peas sound good.. but I guess I have to now say.. the chicken sounds good. :lol:

Today was a work day for me.. an ok day.. nothing particularly awesome.. but also nothing particularly bad. They haven't given me keys.. and no one else is going in early.. so I of course am not bothering to now... and It's not really necessary for me to get the extra time in anyways.. we have work.. but are not super swamped. So my regular hours are plenty. Although I do like being in there early.. get the computers on and logged in etc.

A good ride tonight.. except some of our riders are horrible riders. We talked about it some with another couple of our ride.. which lead rides themselves.. they had were feeling the need to vent. People.. not following the route.. despite maps and stuff.. They had a bunch get lost on a ride this weekend.

People riding out in the middle of the road... not riding steady... and not matter how much to talk to people.. nothing changes... :roll: :shrug:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed May 24, 2017 9:06 am

I am beat today.. but it's also a great day to get some work done.. vs rainy. I work tomorrow.. and Friday is supposed to be cold and rainy.

I have cleaned up the mortar that I used to apply the hearts and stars on my partial wall. I only broke 2 hearts.... I'm such a heart breaker... :R 8)

It would be a great day to start plastering that parapet wall.. but my body and mind.. isn't so keen on it. I have also made some more storage in my new addition, and thought maybe I would do some work on my zero turn. Get it cleaned up and greased.. and check some things on it's starting issues.

I could also start work on siding for the porch.. the two end walls need some more boards. Each board will be a different length and have an angled top. I have decided to put some up temporarily... then take them down to stain.. vs staining the edges of each as I do it. It should actually be faster.. and less messy. Now that it is warmer.. I could stain them somewhere in the barn if it's raining.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu May 25, 2017 8:15 am

Rainy for sure here today. Been raining since about 4 this morning and won't stop for another couple hours I am guessing. So, no work today. Will go to grocery store sometime today.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu May 25, 2017 8:37 pm

We were cool and cloudy.. and we had light rain come in late afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy.. so I will get groceries..as well as do other errands.

Today was a challenging day at work.. I just had some problem bikes to work on. Yesterday I did spend a bit of time working on the zero turn. I did clean it and grease it.. but most of the time I worked on the wiring. I took a lot of the wiring apart.. cleaning the connections ... sanding.. and or wire brush on the dremel. I can't say anything looked bad.. but I seem to have fixed it. :worship: :thumbsup:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat May 27, 2017 6:21 am

We are cold, grey and wet again today. :cry: although it is supposed to improve today.. and be nice tomorrow. [and rain again Monday]

Yesterday was an easier day. A trip to the lumber yard.. to the hardware store.. health food store.. and to the shop. I got to work on a few bikes.

Then to Dave and Angela's for dinner. Things are not great at work.. the guys are messing up big time. Dave has been "secretly" interviewing others.. to see what's out there. hmm I don't know if I said.. he did higher a part timer to help out in our other store.

I can't say I have a particular schedule of my projects.. but we are making far less headway than last year. We were going to take it a little easier this year... but ...I guess much of the problem has been weather related. It is wet enough today.. that we can't stain.. or do that outside plastering.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat May 27, 2017 8:59 pm

We did get to work on the porch. I had some mesh to install first. It is to allow some air behind the siding. It's my first time using it. Your house wrap and flashing tape and such goes on first.. then this mesh.. and then the siding. I got most of the siding on this side of the porch done. [The weather did improve.]

We then had Paul's surprise birthday party [60th] It was a surprise... and it was a good time.. although emotional at times. Our friends Ron and Katie were there. She was diagnosed with ALS last fall. She has failed quite a bit already.. It was good to see her.. and tough to see her. It meant a lot to Paul but was hard on him also. The Ron gave an emotional toast to Paul...

Then Paul thanking us.. got rather emotional...

Then from there we headed back to Dave and Angela's It was their daughter's Kassidy's Prom.. and she had asked us to be there. She and her boyfriend had state track meet.. Angela had praised a meal for them there.. and Dave was doing the limo thing in their SUV.. zooted up a little.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue May 30, 2017 5:28 am

I worked a few hours on Sat, otherwise it was a very quite weekend. Do not feel rested like I should, but it is back to work day today. Misty and wet so not a good day for mowing, but we will do what we can and play catchup the rest of the week.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue May 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Sunday we got a bit of work done on the porch. Then went for a mountain bike ride.. here. Monday's weather was better than we thought it might be. A bit of clouds.. but some sun.. and no rain. We did trail work in the morning.. than had a nice mountain bike ride with Bruce here.

Back to work today.. and then a wonderfully painful ride tonight. It was cold and dark.. and rain was expected. Fortunetely all we got was a few drops... but man was it windy.

I am helping with a delivery tomorrow. They will be going past the house.. so I will get picked up here... so I shouldn't be long.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:36 pm

I learned a cousin died today. :( It was also his anniversary. His wife is rather devistated.

Work was ok.. I had some problem bikes... but I got through them I think... :roll:

We had a kids bike event after work.. and brought the demo bikes.. for people to try... we then headed up to my Aunt and Uncle's.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic