The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby crttaz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:30 pm

toypusher wrote:Chilli looks great. Wish I had some for dinner tonight! :thumbsup:

Only 500 miles away from Cincy. I had a customer that lived in Elizabethtown, PA. Made the trip a few times.
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby Fenlason » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:36 pm

We had 40's and rainy yesterday... and I mostly goofed off. I did walk down to take some measurements on the bridge.. it was slick even walking. I picked up some bolts.. hung out at the shop. I did get Laurie's snow tires swapped out.

Today we had an appointment for the cable guy. I ended u sticking around the house doing house work. I had to move some furniture and such so they could get at some of the equipment.

We have a group Bkool ride coming up.. hmm 40 minutes.. I wasn't sure if we would get to or not.. [cable guy]
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Last nights ride was good.. we had at least 9 people.. maybe more. We ended up with 4 of us up front riding together.. We pushed each other.. attacked each other.. I expected to get dropped fairly early.... but I hung in there. I did stupid things riding off the front. Our biggest climb [although nothing serious] was near the end.. with a downhill finish after... I expected to the others would attack hard on the hill. So I tried before the hill.... I got away.. and stayed away up the hill. Close to the finish.. they came hard.. I dug to try and hold them off. Bill caught me at the line.. it showed us with the same time.. and Paul was still 2 seconds back. I was pleased.. but shocked.

My legs didn't feel to bad today.. until I tried riding.. :o :lol: I wanted to do a good crank.. but chose an easier 6 mile ride as a warm up. I played cat and mouse with some unknown to me rider.. he quickly kicked my ass... I had nothing. After that I was going to quit.. but I did end up doing another ride.

I did some work around here today.. getting ready for our up coming snow. I got my snow tires mounted.. stuff picked up.. our trailer moved.. I still have some ladders and staging to take care of.

We will work on that tomorrow.. and I am not sure what else. We do have dinner out with our group tomorrow night.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:48 pm

We got the ladders and staging taken care of... as well as some other tools that were outside. I repaired the tractor chains.. tightened up the back end. We hauled another trailer load of firewood.. got it cut to size.. and tossed into it's "shed". That trailer is taken care of. We cut and haul tw :) o sections of culvert down near the new bridge. [we have 2 trails leading to the bridge.. that cross a drainage ditch.] We got 3 buckets loads of wood, put away in the wood shed.. to top that off. I moved a couple of phone poles that were over by the bridge.. and moved them to over with the others. We also had 2 trees that near that that needed some serious pruning.. We had a big apple tree that had some of the top brake off.. and had other branches hanging in the way.. We also had a hawthorn that needed some serious cutting back. We finished up with getting the snowshovels out.. and the snowblower mounted... finishing up just as the snow started.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:11 am

We received 7" to 8" of snow last night. It's amazing how that changes everything. We have gone from no snow.. to snow that will probably last. [for the season].

We are heading late morning to a mill ride. Dave wants to put a race on in a nearby empty mill. He has always been interested in inside stuff.. and recently did a race in RI that included an old mill. So anyways there are a few of us going over.. to do a walk through.. brain storm ideas.. and do some riding. He wants some video also. He is putting on a movie night [he has a few times now rented a theater.. and put on a bike movie night.] Anyways he wants some video to play before the movie.. to promote this race.

We will look at snow clean up this morning. I need to be looking at getting one of my Fat bikes ready for winter riding. I will take off the suspension fork, putting the rigid one back on, as well as putting on the new 5" studded tires. [I previously used another bike with 4" tires] I also need to get going on some christmas shopping!!

It sounds like we have another significant storm coming Tuesday...
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:12 am

We got snow yesterday into last evening, but only about 2 inches or so. Looks pretty in the sun this morning. They have not treated our road yet and it is pretty slick in a few spots. Was 18 degrees this morning but up to about freezing now.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Among other stuff today.. we checked out the mill. It's an old woolen mill from the 1800's [or it is at least that old... from some photos I have saw.] Some we can't have access to.. but much of it we can... 2 floors.. some BIG rooms.. one end up stairs has a bunch of smaller rooms.. old offices. and hall ways.. fortunately many rooms have doors on either end.. so you can ride in and out. Unfortunately the stairs don't look that rideable. The entrance at the top... is tight...and the stairs are fairly steep.. and more importantly.. their is a door way at the bottom.. that doesn't leave you a lot of room. I could easily fit through he door way.. on flat ground.. but coming down those stairs.. I am not sure how much control one would have.. :NC

Running up and down.. isn't a horrible idea.. so not a big deal...

I think this is going to be a blast.. :D :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:45 pm

I did some Christmas shopping today.. I stopped by the shop to work on a bike.. to get it ready for tonights snow ride... I got a call from the manager.. who got a call from the owners... that I can't work on my bike there.. when both Paul and Dave are there. :? They installed cameras everywhere... and are always watching us... :NC We have 2 work stations.. each station has a 2 sided stand.. I was on the opposite side.. using minimal tools.. and Paul was doing other stuff.. not using the stand at all. In peak season when it's super busy.. I could understand more [although usually if I did that in the past... I would end up assisting by waiting on people and such.] :?

I did at least finish getting it back together.. I was going to swap out the tires.. which I haven't done yet... but with the current snow.. I want a super aggressive tread.. vs the lesser thread with studs. I swapped out pedals on the bike with the aggressive tires. [flat pedals vs my usual step ins.]

Our Cable is still @#$%@& up.. the tv isn't great.. and my email stopped working.. I was on the phone with a tech for close to an hour.. and I am still not sure it's working. :x :x
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby lrrowe » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Love cameras when they protect me or my stuff, hate them when they watch me.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:01 am

We have new owners and a new manager almost a year now. The manager [a friend] thought he was going to have more free rein on running the shops.. he has ended up being rather micro managed. There have been some issues with our two main employees.. and are trying to get them back in line... but... :?
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby crttaz » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Help a friend unload two loads of hickory, stack it, then split a load of ash. Having left the warehousing work after 20 years, 13 years ago...it was quite a work out. I hurt in places I forgot about.

Forgot how much the warehouse work took a toll on my body and why I got out of it. Ouch for hurting this much and not yet 51!
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:20 pm

crttaz wrote:Help a friend unload two loads of hickory, stack it, then split a load of ash. Having left the warehousing work after 20 years, 13 years ago...it was quite a work out. I hurt in places I forgot about.

Forgot how much the warehouse work took a toll on my body and why I got out of it. Ouch for hurting this much and not yet 51!

yeah... burning wood is pretty physical work. We burn wood but our house is pretty efficient.. so we don't need a lot.. and we have a bit ahead.. so I usually don't have to do a lot that type of work at once. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:42 pm

A mostly easy day today. We have had snow all day.. it was supposed to switch over to rain.. Laurie had the day off. We brought her car for service... we then went to order a grooming drag and slide suspension for our track sled.

We cut our tree.. and Laurie did some wrapping.

My grooming drag isn't available yet. :cry: It is supposed to be warmish tomorrow.. before getting cold.. I would like to try to do some grooming with what I have. With the wet, followed with the freeze.. we might have some rideable stuff. Of course it might end up icy also. Which means I need to get my studded tires mounted.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:12 am

Oh NO! Friday the 13th came on Wednesday this month!! :shock:

Anyway, it got really windy yesterday and then the temps dropped. Stayed windy overnight and it was 17 this morning at 6 with wind chill of 1! :snow Actually we might get some snow overnight tonight. And I have a doctor appointment at ten tomorrow. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:34 pm

We had snow then rain and ice.. the rain didn't take all the snow we had received. We have done a little shoveling... I think the driveway will be ok as it is.

We have our movie night tonight.. we are looking forward to that. [Laurie is home again today]

I went out to try some grooming with the track sled.. and man it's still a lot of work.. I tipped it about 5 times. So back at the house.. I thought I would try the adjustments they told me to try [it was at the end of the season by the time I asked and got a reply] It was hard to adjust in the little room where I store it..and I think It could be better... but.. what I did do.. made a huge difference.

I took it out for a little spin... it felt so good I kept going.. the problem.. I did not have my coat or gloves.. :o

I got back .. went in the house to warm up.. but then I wanted to try it some more.. so back out I went. It really felt much better. There were a couple of trails where someone from Lee's had been out with a 4 wheeler.. and they left me some weird ruts.. and for the most part it worked good even in them. I did have a particular bad area.. the "road" is crowned a lot..and has weird ditches.. and then add those 4 wheeler tracks... I got steered of course a little.. but otherwise despite ridges off camber areas.. it worked quite nicely. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic