The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby toypusher » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:13 am

Well, yesterday it was sunny, breezy and hit 87 degrees at my house. Today it is rainy, breezy and 46 degrees! :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:21 am

We are supposed to a wet week.. :cry: Rain.. sleet and freezing rain so far today.

We have worked on our Skinny Farm project a little each day so far. Yesterday morning it wasn't as cold as expected. We dressed better for it also.. so it wasn't too bad out there.

I am not sure what what's up for today?
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:48 am

Rainy here and windy today. We had really heavy rain overnight into this morning. Started letting off a bit around 530 this morning.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby racerrandy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Here is Kansas City, we had a record high and a record low in the same week! Crazy!

Randy
racerrandy
Teardrop Builder

Postby Fenlason » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Hello Randy.. 8) There has been some strange weather out there.

We are still cold and rainy. Although here today.. it never got heavier than a mist. I did get more work done on our Skinny Farm today. I hurt my back early on.. so that slowed me down a bit. I took a break.. first resting it, then doing some stretching. I was able to go back out and do some easier stuff.

We have our Mill ride tonight. Dave is gone again.. so Laurie, Angela and I. I will probably refrain from riding [because of the back] It will probably be our last week of this for the season. We plan to start our road ride. next week.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:48 pm

My first day back at work. temps in low 40s to start and dropped into the high 30s and was windy with wind chill at one point being 27! And we had snow flurries most of the day with an outright snow storm for a few minutes late this afternoon. Mowing grass in a snow storm is kinda weird! :? :lol:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:57 am

They had said some sun yesterday.. and they were wrong... :cry:

We did get a ride in last night. Dave has been gone most of the week.. Angela came and rode with us and stayed for dinner.

I didn't do anything but some house work.. and work on my back. It's not horrible, but it feels like doing much with it, would hurt it.

More rain today and tomorrow... :cry:

I will maybe go pick up more lumber.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:30 am

hmm I don't remember Thursday.. :roll:

I did get more lumber yesterday.. and Thursday. I worked on our skinny farm yesterday. It was actually better out than expected. We did have a shower come through at around 5:00..but not bad.

I made good headway on it yesterday.. and we will work on it today. It is supposed to be a fairly nice day today.. better tomorrow. We have to supervise something for an event at the mill tomorrow [the best day we have had in weeks] :cry: Dave is at that race [working] and Angela is helping her middle daughter move back home from college.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:17 pm

I remember Thursday. It was raining and we only did 4 lawns that we do not bag and then worked on some of the equipment.

I really remember yesterday. I showed up for work and my helper lives there so normally he comes out about 10 or 15 minutes before our start time. Well, he did not come out so I rang the door bell and there was no answer. Well, his cell phone is on the fritz, so i called the house phone and his mom answered. When I ask about him, she said he was not home. he had gone out the night before and not returned. (they did find him later in the day). Anyway I had to start mowing on my own and got two lawns done before my helper from 2 years ago came and helped the rest of the day. Not sure what happens going forward though. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:50 am

It's hard getting good help isn't. :frightened:

Yesterday was dryer and sunnier.. and maybe a little warmer. We did work on our skinny farm project and now that this section complete. I have a planked over pine log that needs to be replaced.. but other than that it's on to house stuff, for a bit.

Today is supposed to be very nice.. sunnier and warmer. Although it is starting out cold. We were supposed to be at the Mill. Some one else asked about using the spot for some type of event. Dave and Angela were supposed to be gone.. so Laurie and I were going to cover. Dave got back last night and said he would do it.

We have his key.. so we will go there to meet him.. and help out to start with if there is anything, but then back home to work. It might be a good time to swap out our snow tires. It is something I can do alone, but it's a bit faster with help. It would be a nice project to get done.

We had tentative plans to ride with Angela after the Mill event.. so we are hoping to get out.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:26 am

Yesterday was sunny and high of 61 - beautiful day. Should be the same today. Had to run errands this morning, now am doing laundry and need to get out and mow the yard then trim and work on the hedge and ground cover that needs a lot of attention. Another thing is spraying for weeds. They are bad already most everywhere there is not something else growing. :thumbdown:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:07 pm

We got Laurie tires swapped out yesterday before we had to go to the mill. We met Dave there.. of the other person was late. :roll: We hung out there until about 11:00.. and Dave and us.. left to go do our thing [we really didn't need to stay there. Dave went back at 1:00 to close up.

We went home and swapped out my tires, on my van. We then did some work on the Skinny farm. I took the boards up.. from the rotted log.. cut the log into chunks .. then got the tractor out.. I was going to move the two brush piles.. and move the log sections. Well I got the tractor stuck at the brush pile.. :roll:

Then a friend showed up needing some help with a bike wheel. [we had played phone tag for a little bit] I fixed his wheel and used the RTV to winch out the tractor. Dan [the guy with the wheel] stayed in case I needed help.

We then head to Dave and Angela's.. I was thinking we were going to be early early [to help Dave with stuff].. but we weren't as early as I thought.. and we ended up using the time to get a couple of bikes ready for Laurie and I. S-Works Tarmacs. Laurie, Angela went for a ride.. and man are those bikes nice.

We had good sun today.. and our temps go well into the 60's [64 was the high that I saw] I did some errands then helped Dave build some bikes.. then came home to work. I got some trim board pre-stained for the barn.. then while they were drying.. started putting the rotted log section back together.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another gorgeous day... :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:22 pm

Another warm day today... I didn't actually check the temps but it felt warmer than yesterday.. it was a little humid and hazy.

I got a lot of little stuff done today. I got 5 trim boards up on the barn.. and the last [of this area] cut and stained. I replaced some broken zip ties from my rope lights on the lower deck. I got lumber unloaded from the van and brought out to the skinny farm. I finished that next section on that. I got our bikes ready for tonight. I did some more raking. hmm I was thinking I did a lot more than that.. :thinking: :roll: perhaps I am forgetting something.

My cover for the instant garage came in today. I got the email yesterday saying it was ready to ship. [I had forgotten where the company is from] [Connecticut]

I will have to pick up some black iron pipe from Laurie's work.. and I am not sure when we will get to put it up. They are saying rain Wed, Thurs. and Sat. We got people wanting to help with trail clean up.. this weekend.. I don't want to wait too long.. but it's not like it's got to be tomorrow.

We have our first Tuesday group ride tonight [road] .
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:21 am

I did remember 2 other little projects I did yesterday. I got my dashboard hula girl mounted in the new van :) I also altered a garden silhouette It is of 2 people riding a bike.. it is made to stick in the ground. I had in the ground up against the front of the barn. I could the "stick in the ground" legs... drilled a couple of holes and mounted it up on the barn wall.

We had a good ride last night, 9 of us. It was nice, except for a brutal wind.

It is dark and grey here this morning.. we have some significant rain coming. I will probably putter on the skinny farm. I have a lot of deck boards that only have 2 screws installed. I can work on that with minimal tools... and not worry about any showers I might get stuck in.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Yesterday was a nice day. A bit windy though. Last night and into mid day today it was rainy today. Didn't do much of anything useful today. Back to work and playing catch up tomorrow.
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic