Dan
Cutterpup
Teardrop Master

Re: Bye Bye Brown

Postby mikeschn » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:22 pm

Cutterpup wrote:Fema Head replace with Coast Guard Adm

full storyhttp://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/hurricanes_and_tropical_storms

Dan

I knew heads would roll. But I would have thought they would have waited until after stuff had been cleaned up from Katrina?!

Someone got impatient!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:41 pm

They didn't can him, they are just moving him back to Washington... It is rumoured that he's going to step down after hurricane season is over.

Postby madjack » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:33 pm

...worse than that, they are moving him to take over preperation for Ophelia....East coast you have my sympathy
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Juneaudave » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:59 pm

There's a lot of good FEMA people busting their butts. Too bad they had to have Bozo leading them.
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Gage » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:55 pm

I'M SUPRISED THAT SOMEONE ON THIS BOARD DIDN'T GET CALLED UP TO REPLACE HIM.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby gman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:29 pm

Jerk should have been fired the day he gave the CNN interview saying that he did not know that there were people in need at the Superdome.
Junk is something you've kept for years
And throw away three weeks before you need it.
gman
The 300 Club

Postby asianflava » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:07 pm

Doesn't matter, I think he resigned anyway. Go back to your show ponys.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby TonyCooper » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:42 am

Federal Response faster then Andrew and Hugo

Funny how ignorance trumps reason everytime. As I mentioned earlier, I have gone through many of these storms and I have NEVER seen the FEDs get in any quicker then 5-7 days. Locals yes, but Feds & Red Cross?, "Nope", "Nein", "Het"

Heads have rolled... hearings will be held... blame applied... and hurricanes are not going away. In fact we are 5-10 years into the active 30 year cycle. We have been lucky not to have been hit harder the last few years. I also read a research paper from an LSU scientist who has discovered a larger 1500 year hurricane cycle. He states that we are leaving the lower frequency 1500 year "quiet time" and should see a very active next 1500 years! Doncha just love science...

Not to hijack the thread but the recent solar activity really lit up the skies the last few nights.. take a peek at pictures from across the country/world. Thanks to the night owls and stargazers. Images from as far south as Utah and Colorado. I have personally seen the effects twice here in North Carolina within the last 10 years.

BTW, Did anyone else see this Fox News Interview ?!?

I can understand stress but I think this guy goes way overboard.
Last edited by TonyCooper on Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony

My Tear Build Site

"No comment"
TonyCooper
Official Pot Stirrer

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:27 am

Never mind, Tony beat me to it...Just be sure to click the first line in Tony's posting to get the 'rest of the story'. :thumbsup:

Enjoy and have a good day

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby IraRat » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:47 pm

Well, the point is, even Bush realized what a mess this was--and pulled Brown out. Aside from the ramblings of a Toledo newspaper.

Hey, I didn't vote for the guy.

Or are you saying he bowed to political pressure and dumped Brown without reason? Why, the guy's resume was stellar, if not accurate.

And he was just about able to tell the front end of an Arabian from the back end.
--Ira

"My HD and Wal-Mart have been out of Titebond for weeks, and I think it's a communist conspiracy."
IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Postby TonyCooper » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:14 pm

I'm saying that their have been scores of storms in US history. I personally have experiences with 6 (4 of which were greater then Cat 3s), and never during those 6 did the US Government react as fast they did in New Orleans.

And after checking the records, I would wager that Katrina had the fastest Federal response of ANY of them. And never before has a Federal official been forced to resign for slow response when the record clearly shows his team responded faster then any previous team.

Draw your own conclusions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves . Nothing is often a good thing to say, and always a clever thing to say. - Will Durant
Tony

My Tear Build Site

"No comment"
TonyCooper
Official Pot Stirrer

Postby asianflava » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:07 pm

They acted pretty fast when I got stuck in FL during Frances. But I think it was because they were already there because of Charley. Then they probably moved shop North for Ivan a few weeks later.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby gman » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:02 pm

asianflava wrote: Go back to your show ponys.
WTF is that about?
Junk is something you've kept for years
And throw away three weeks before you need it.
gman
The 300 Club

Postby asianflava » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:41 pm

gman wrote:
asianflava wrote: Go back to your show ponys.
WTF is that about?

Here are some quotes I found. These happen to be from the Boston Herald:

The federal official in charge of the bungled New Orleans rescue was fired from his last private-sector job overseeing horse shows.

And before joining the Federal Emergency Management Agency as a deputy director in 2001, GOP activist Mike Brown had no significant experience that would have qualified him for the position.

The Oklahoman got the job through an old college friend who at the time was heading up FEMA.

Before joining the Bush administration in 2001, Brown spent 11 years as the commissioner of judges and stewards for the International Arabian Horse Association, a breeders' and horse-show organization based in Colorado
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Next

Return to Off Topic