The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Alan Wood » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:54 pm

Probably already warmer here than yesterdays high. It was cold and sprinkly all day. But the sun is out and the skies are clear now. Unfortunately we didn't get nearly enough rain this storm :thumbdown:
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby toypusher » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:06 am

Bit cold this morning at 27, but should be mostly sunny and low 50s today. Spent yesterday doing Christmas decorations inside. Not sure what we will do outside yet. I need to finish cleaning the inside today I guess. Have some laundry to finish too. Might get in some shooting with Mark today, but not for sure yet.

We are in a moderate drought situation right now, but might get a couple inches of rain Tues night into Thu evening. Currently over 4 inches deficit for rain.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:21 am

Good morning.. we are at around 25 and frosty this morning. We are supposed to have some sun.. our only sun all week.

I was going to work in the porch.. but I might want to take advantage of our sun.. and do something outside… but I am not sure what yet. I have a little I can do around our new roof.. I do need to get more prepared for winter.. hmm I haven't filled the wood rack downstairs in the gym. I have other odds and ends to do.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Alan Wood » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:52 pm

Another dreary damp little rain day here.
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby toypusher » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:07 am

Yeah, rain here today - and the next 2 -3 days I guess. Should get maybe a couple inches of rain the next couple days and we need it for sure.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:38 am

We did have nice sun yesterday. It was cooler and a little breezy.. our pond still had a skim of ice on it. Things are definitely cooling. I puttered on the porch / deck yesterday.

Laurie is home today.. we are cold and frosty right now.. and have rain / snow on the way. We are going to try to do some trail work this morning. Then she will do some Christmas shopping later.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:52 am

We were at 20 degrees this morning. We did get out for some trail work. Part way into it, it started sleeting. We worked through that.. It then switch over to freezing rain and then mixed with rain.. we handled a little of that.. but not that long. We probably should have built a fire in here before we headed out.. coming back wet and cold.. to a coolish house wasn't all that smart. :roll: 8)

Laurie has headed out to do some christmas shopping. I am not sure what I will do?? I want to put some music in Laurie's old laptop.. for our bkool use.

I am loving our new woodshed. It works SO much better, than the old wood rack and cover. The new extended roof over the fireplace is working well also. It is keeping that end of the deck dry.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:11 pm

We have a cold heavy rain falling now.. it's pretty nasty out. I didn't do much.. download a bit of music.. a start anyways.. I did some research and other computer work.. and drew up some ideas for a "bar" for our porch. It will serve as a partial wall, and will have a place to store some things.. our last event here.. we have hot coffee and such out at my bike shop.. for smaller groups.. having it on the porch would be nice. It will have a place for a garbage can.. and other stuff.

We did ride tonight. I did two shorter rides.. but rode pretty hard. I had planned on doing a pretty good ride or two.. but perhaps not as hard as I did. We just started with a "local" live ride that was going on. We started it well behind those that started the ride.. I was going to use the ride as a warm up. I had forgotten to start the music.. or turn my fan on.. so I did that while the ride was starting.. but then I noticed there were other riders starting at the same time.. I could not help..but try to get ahead of them.. I did.. but 2 of them stayed pretty close. One was about 10 seconds back for a bit.. and that's not that very far.. He kept the pressure on… I did stay away.. and from maybe the halfway point.. increase my lead.. I think I eventually beat him by 4 minutes.. I rode the cool down.. then went up stairs to schedule another ride. Bill had retaken the lead.. on "our" ride again. He beat me.. then a day later.. beat himself.

I started the ride and was going to use his and my ghosts.. to do some drafting.. but the start of it was so hectic.. there were a lot of speed changes etc. it was tough to comfortably draft.. so I said the heck with it.. and went to the front and just rode hard. It was tough… I was able to stay away.. and beat Bill's best time by 14 seconds. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:29 am

I'm in Ventura CA. It's 48 at 9:30PM, with a forecast of sunny and 71 for tomorrow.

I got here today on a one-way ticket. Not sure when I am leaving, or where I am going from here.

It's bedtime. Goodnight!

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:52 am

Good Morning! 50 degrees and might hit mid 60s today but going to be another rainy day. We do need the rain for sure though.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:52 am

Good morning.. we have 38 degrees. We got a bit of rain last night.. over 2.5" for our area. Not too far north it was snow. They say we are going to be dry today..although remaining cloudy. I think I will be working on the inside of our porch today.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:07 pm

It was sort of raw working out there today. I am trying to figure out the puzzle on the porch. We took some pictures.. but not a lot.. taking a lot of photo's and numbering the pieces of wood.. would be more work than just starting over. I have figured out some of it.. most of the big pieces I have figured out and can reuse… some of the rest of it I will just rebuild. I did pick up some more lumber. I did my Bkool riding already. I probably should have taken it more easy today.. or taken the day off, then ride tomorrow.

My first ride.. I re-rode the first ride I did yesterday. I felt like I could do it faster. I had some riders join this ride while it was in warm up. I took off pretty hard… and got away clear. I tried to stay steady.. and push it. About 3/4's of the way through the ride, my pulse was climbing a little too high.. so I backed off slightly. I was able to finish 28 seconds faster than my last attempt. I did beat Bill and one other. It was hurt a bit. Because of yesterday's 2 rides… I wasn't completely fresh.. so I had to dig a little deeper.

I had planned on a second longer ride.. and I was hoping to beat Trafton.. but as much as this other ride hurt.. I changed my mind. I then decided to do the same course… just to check out the course.. for a future crank on it. Well Trafton started it real slow… I rode with him.. but then decided to leave him and do my own ride. I got away a little.. but then he was "chasing" I wasn't so sure I wanted to work hard enough to stay away.. and let him catch me, so I could draft him.

I tried drafting him.. but his speed was all over the place. He was not steady at all!! .. speed up slow down.. speed up slow down… It was a lot of work to just stay there. It was less effort to just ride on my own.. so I took off.. and slowly build my lead. At times it was of course still a bit of work. I did beat him by 28 seconds. To only find out.. he had ridden it faster a few weeks ago. :o :roll: :lol:

It was a stronger ride than I thought I was capable at the moment.. and Had I just ridden my own ride from the start could have been faster. I am trying to be cautious… and not over train.. so tomorrow I will take it OFF.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Alan Wood » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:40 pm

Just another boring day at work. Such wonderful weather here though might have gotten barely enough precipitation to cause accidents but I don't think so.
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:59 am

We have heavy rain, with temps in the low 40's. I was awake for a bit.. I almost got up.. but was able to fall back asleep. It was almost 7:00 when I got back up… and I am not foggy.. and blech

I am not sure what I am up to today… I guess porch work.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:15 am

Good Morning. Rain is finally gone and we got 2 inches in my gauge. Should be sunny, breezy and high about 50 today.

Signed up for a new dentist this morning and have an appointment for the 16th of Jan 2017.

Been baking cookies and watching TV this morning. Going to put the plow on my ATV today and see if I need to straighten the push tubes any more. I bent them last time I was using the plow and not sure how straight I got them at that tiime. May have to take them out to the shop at the golf course and use the torch on them and then weld on a couple of enforcement pieces. I got a plastic wear blade for it and the bottom of the thing is at to much of an angle, so need to figure how to cut it or something so it will lay flat.
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic