The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Man what a great day. We drove to Bangor.. the locals wanted to host a ride for our group going up for tonights show. There were a total of about 20 of us. Laurie and I got in a little over 15 miles.. and there were those that rode an extra hour than us.

We then went to our friends Brewery. Kerry.. Asa was there and we did get free samples. :twisted:

Then the show.. it is part of cirque soleil… their pedal punk show. The show was pretty incredible.. our group got to go .. I was going to say backstage.. but it was on stage.. to see the equipment.. ride some of the equipment and meet the performers. Pretty cool. :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:03 pm

glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:01 am

Glenn, nice bike!! :thumbsup:

I think we finished our Christmas decorating yesterday. Might still do a couple things yet.
Had to go get blood drawn this morning for a dr appt later this month. Going to Mark's shooting club about 10 to burn some powder today! :D

35 degrees and rainy this morning so far. Had wintry mix overnight but should be clearing out over the next couple hours. Maybe some sun later today and high in mid to upper 40s. Have some errands to run today also.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:31 am

The bike was cool.. and fun… you steered it with your butt. We have temps in the upper teens… brrrr. It's rather frosty out. It's cool in here and I have just built a fire. I am still maybe cool from yesterday. I started the ride rather cold.. it was in the low 20's and windy.. and I didn't have enough clothes.. Of course we were there early and waited around for an hour. The rain started rough.. I was cold.. and we started a little fast.. and it hurt. I then warmed up and was too warm. We stopped for a flat tire.. and I took my coat off. I had gotten sweaty.. and by the end of the ride I was getting cold [although I was fine during most of of the ride]. Of course changing in a cold van after the ride.. surely didn't help. :o

Laurie just wrote me to say one of her co-workers just died… hmm maybe 50.. he had had surgery and had a clot. :( :worship:

I don't know what I am doing today? I need to be doing some christmas shopping… I need to be looking at snow tires… and snowblower etc.. although not today.

Hmm I guess I could take care of some firewood.. I can put some of it away in the instant garage where I store the excavator.

I forgot that Laurie has tomorrow off.. she will shop in the morning.. then we can do some work.. get her snow tires on.. maybe mine also.. put the snow blower on..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby friz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:51 pm

So. Just how awesome is Maine. Some friends of mine went for a visit and ended up moving there.

Sent from my Altair 8800 using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby toypusher » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:33 pm

Got all my errands done and went shooting too. Got the Red Dot sight pretty close at 50 yards.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Alan Wood » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Busy day at work. At least the cut ovrt to a new set of servers Saturday went well this time. Last time when I went to work I literally didn't know what day of the week I'd get off! :?
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:43 am

friz wrote:So. Just how awesome is Maine. Some friends of mine went for a visit and ended up moving there.

Sent from my Altair 8800 using Tapatalk

Yeah we think it's pretty awesome. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:54 am

I worked with firewood all morning. I topped off the woodshed off the porch. I then filled the wood rack down in the gym. Most of the time was spent bringing outside wood into one of our instant garages. After lunch, I decided to bring back returnables. I put them in the van and then I couldn't close the door. :o :x

The latch was stuck open. I spent close to 2 hours getting it to close. Once closed I tried it a few times.. and it seemed to be working. I got to the bottle redemption place.. and @$%#$% It did it again. Fortunately I still had my tools with me. [I had to take the inside panel off the door.] This time I left the panel off.

We did get some snow yesterday. It started while hauling wood. It was pretty.. and definitely changes the perception of time. I need to get our snow tires on and that snowblower on.. and Laurie isn't taking today off. I hope to get mine on today… and maybe get that snowblower on. I have some metal roofing in the way.

hmm correction… It looks like Laurie is taking the day off… :thinking: :roll: 8)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:27 am

30 degrees this morning, but will warm enough that we are to get rain starting about mid day and then rain most of the night too I guess. Not sure what I will get done today. Need to put up another shelf in the garage I think and might work on my "man door" in the detached garage.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:31 pm

Laurie generally takes Tuesday's off this time of year.. and goes christmas shopping in the morning. She is taking time Thursday.. so I mistakenly thought maybe she had changed days off. :roll:

While she was shopping I went to work on my van. I got the tires switch out… I then moved the race trailer. Laurie got home a little after 11:00 and I got her tires changed.

I guess I look at putting on the snowblower next.

I need to take care of the excavator also.. although it belongs in where I am moving the fire wood. I could / should at least move it over toward that direction.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:20 pm

The excavator is over near it's shelter. We also have the snowblower installed on the tractor, and it has been serviced, greased, oiled.. etc. At the moment is is in it's old storage place. I have been thinking of keeping it between the woodshed, and Laurie's carport, with a tarp over it… but I am not sure. So I guess I am closer to ready for winter. A little bit of a break.. then our Bkool ride.

I do have a delivery for work tomorrow.. and I have to be doing some christmas shopping.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Alan Wood » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:13 pm

It's a foggy cold day here. Busy at work but that's ok.
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby toypusher » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:23 am

Blah, did not sleep well. :SH

38 and cloudy now, but should be sunny and mid to upper 40s today. Not sure what's up for today. Still have work to do in both garages and in the basement too. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:00 am

The same here…. I have been up since 3:00 am… :(

We are at 20 degrees this morning.. and man is it dark.. we have a very thick.. grey cloud cover.. Two more weeks and the sun starts coming back. :)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic