Be sure to catch Jay Leno tonight

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Be sure to catch Jay Leno tonight

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:43 pm

A good friend of mine, Duane Flatmo is going to be on the Tonight Show this evening. He was chosen as California's most interesting person.
Kai knows him too. We all raced in the World Championship Kinetic Sculpture Race together.
He is susposedly going to ride out on stage in one of his Kinetic Sculptures and play his guitar with electric egg beaters before Jay talks with him.

Postby Dennis T » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:29 am

That was really cool last night. The piece needed more time because it looked like there was a lot of interesting stuff in and about his home and what he does. Hope A&E or Discovery picks up on it.
Dennis T
Dennis T
The 300 Club

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:41 am

Hey Dennis,
I'm sure one of those entities will pick up on it, knowing Duane.
Duane has performed the guitar act on David Letterman's show before and he's been featured on Junk Yard Wars. I was surprized that no mention of his mural work was mentioned. You can get a glimpse of all his different types of art work at http://www.duaneflatmo.com. There is also a link in there to his wife's website, also an artist. They are just the nicest folks you could ever meet, I truely treasure their friendship.
The Kinetic Lab is not located at his home. He and another racer secured a space to give folks an in depth look at kinetic sculptures and as a space for building them. Duane has also done some wonderful work with local kids, heading up a program to help young artists. They do quite a few murals around the community.
I'm curious to see what Tom Green comes up with for the remaining states. That guy just totally cracks me up.

(I just wish I had gotten the word out earlir, I'm glad someone caught it)

Postby Nick Taylor » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:01 pm

I was glad I was able to catch it. Looks like they are having a blast making those things.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:58 pm

Oh Yes, but the funnest part is doing the race itself. It's a three day event that covers 30 some odd miles of every type of terrain including bodies of water. Ask Kai about the race, he's a retired "pilot" also.

Postby asianflava » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:31 am

Just happened to catch a repeat of it tonight. I don't normally watch Leno but it happened to be on while I was on the computer. When they said that they were in Eureka, I remembered your post.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby AmyH » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:48 pm

Dean, I didn't get to catch the show, but took a look at his website. His work is fantastic!! His paintings are very nice, and the murals are incredible! He is incredibly talented! :thumbsup:

Amy
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Return to Off Topic