Brain Tumor Successfully Removed (Info Provided)

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Mary K » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:50 pm

WOw, that was an impressive tumor. And it is wonderful that you are on the road to better days and Teardrop Camping. :thumbsup:

My cousin has/had a brain tumor and he has been struggling hard with the recovery after surgery and chemo. Lost a lot of control on the left side of his body and its a fight for him.
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Frosteez » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:29 pm

Yes if there isn't a praise thread you just started it! What an awesome God we serve. Glad to hear the good news. It seems sometimes all we hear is the bad stuff.
Frosteez
Teardrop Builder

Postby hiker chick » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:58 pm

Scott,

Sorry to hear you have been confronted with such a serious condition and relieved to know that you've had such a successful treatment.

Now when others so diagnosed Google their condition, this thread and your information might come up on the search results.

God bless and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

HC
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tupelosue » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:42 am

Scott, that is wonderful news! glad you're on the road to recovery and had such a successful outcome!

Makes it worthwhile to seek a 2nd, or 3rd, or even more opinions, eh?

I work in Home Health and just had a patient who'd had a brain tumor removed that was affecting his optical nerve. Was passed around to several eye doctors before one did a brain scan and IMMEDIATELY referred him to UCSF where an incredible neurosurgeon (Dr. McDermott) had a cancellation the next week, and did the resection (removal) in a 12-hour surgery. Full vision not yet back, but improving.

So when someone suggests getting your eyes checked or your ears cleaned it pays to listen!
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Hey Scott,

Good to see you back. Wow, what a photo. Hope you are recovering well!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby emiller » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Scott get well ery soon, we are thinking of you and hope we camp again real soon. :)
emiller
Donating Member

Postby TinKicker » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Scott, glad you're the subject of a modern miracle! Having experienced quite a few in my own life, I know you're looking at life with new eyes. Thank God for a good God!
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby satch » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:56 pm

:applause: :applause: Good to hear the news!
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:15 am

Thanks so much for the well wishes everyone - I definitely appreciate it. I am doing much better and getting close to making my first post-surgery Teardrop trip. I cannot adequately express just what that represents to me... (well I probably don't have to with this forum anyway.)

I was fortunate enough to have my parents stay with me during this challenge and many times they would look for me in the house only to find me in the garage sitting in my Tear. Lotus position, I imagined better days ahead, healthy, strong and healed. The freedom of the road and the anticipation of a great campsite or gathering. There's so much to explore in our beautiful country around every new turn... kinda like life I guess, and I'm gonna live it out.

Thanks again and see you down the road!
Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Rlowell » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 am

:applause: :applause: Welcome back Scott!
Answered prayer would be a slight understatement...Miracles do happen
every day! You are a living example. You are in my prayers for a complete
and speedy recovery. The miracles are all around us if we will just look and appreciate the glory of God.

Rod
Plan your work...work your plan...at least that's the plan. Oh, just do it anyway!
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=1425&image_id=76342
Rlowell
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ratkity » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:59 am

:applause: :applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You are a miracle!

I'm so glad you are on the other side of this and ready to take out the Teardrop! I love the visual of your meditation pose in your TD. I am finding that just being inside causes me to immediately relax.

I can't wait untli camping season around here and your first trip out will be MOST special (with picts, of course).

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Ratkity wrote::applause: :applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You are a miracle!

I'm so glad you are on the other side of this and ready to take out the Teardrop! I love the visual of your meditation pose in your TD. I am finding that just being inside causes me to immediately relax.

I can't wait untli camping season around here and your first trip out will be MOST special (with picts, of course).

Hugs,
Ratkity

Well that's a hug I'll take no matter what. Thanks. My surgery was 2 years ago with a solid year of work to recover. The first trip back with the teardrop was one I'll never forget and every subsequent trip is never taken for granted.

Happy New Year to you and Rod as well, and please remember this link if you ever hear of anyone with the same tumor. My help is unconditional.

Scott
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Rlowell » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:48 pm

Oasis Maker wrote:
Ratkity wrote::applause: :applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You are a miracle!

Hugs,
Ratkity

Well that's a hug I'll take no matter what. Thanks. My surgery was 2 years ago with a solid year of work to recover. The first trip back with the teardrop was one I'll never forget and every subsequent trip is never taken for granted.

Happy New Year to you and Rod as well, and please remember this link if you ever hear of anyone with the same tumor. My help is unconditional.

Scott

:worship: As is you love for others. You are blessed.
Rod
Plan your work...work your plan...at least that's the plan. Oh, just do it anyway!
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=1425&image_id=76342
Rlowell
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby digimark » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Wow, that's funny. I saw this topic pop up (hadn't seen it before) and I thought -- boy, Scott's really recovered fast since I remember some of his postings just recently...

Then I saw the first posts were from December 2008!

Still, didn't realize he was so sick two years ago, and glad he came through the other side of the tunnel. -Gary
--
-- Gary Goldberg/Chesapeake Beach, MD/KA3ZYW
-- http://www.digimark.net/og/
digimark
Teardrop Master

Re: Brain Tumor Successfully Removed (Info Provided)

Postby Alfred » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:05 am

Hi Scott,
I haven't been on the forum as much lately, great to hear of your miracle. Science, technology and good doctors, along with hope, prayer and good attitude, are able to do amazing things. All the best, sounds like you have a lot of good camping ahead of you! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Al in Asheville :thumbsup:
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic