Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Fenlason » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:49 am

My left knee has been bothering me.. and I am not sure what is wrong with it.. :thinking:

hmm I forget what day.. I did cut. split and stack about 2 cords of firewood.

hmm I think it was late Sunday we did do a mountain bike ride. I took the inefficient Enduro out. I did my downhill loop again, this time with a cycle computor. My first run was 11mph. Not fast for a downhill you say? It is steep and loose.. Originally we were crawling very slowly down it... only 3 others have tried it.. and none successfully made it. If there was a better runout at the bottom, perhaps it would be easier to let it roll.

My second run 11.6.. :D With the fork adjusted shorter, the bike felt much better in the tight single track.. on the climb.

My 3rd run.. 14.3.

One of my runs.. a little to much front brake.. and the back end came up.. and started trying to pass the front.

I had some runs back into the 11's.. some in the 12's. I did lengthen the fork back out, which made the bike tougher to get through the single track.. but more stable on the downhill. I did some run's in the upper 13's that actually felt slow.

I decided to try the slow twisty line down the hill again. I made it, and felt comfortable. I thought I would try one more run.. again on the twisty.. and messed up and had to put a foot down. I did not want to end on a failure... so back up again. and again I was successful 11 out of 12 runs.. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby mk10108 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:28 pm

The man from Snowy river
mk10108
Gold Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:32 pm

road ride tonight.. my fitness is down from what it was earlier..

just a few minutes on the bike.. and I was... "lets go" it felt good to ride.

we only had one out of tonights group that even tried to hang. We turned back for the slower riders a few times.. and toward the end, went somewhat differently. We ended up with 28 miles compared to the groups 19... we also averaged over 20 mph.. :D

we ended up with 20.3...and that was with our slower going back for the slower people.

Tomorrow night..a group mountain bike ride.. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby MountainBiker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Well, I have gone back to walking again. Just don't feel all that comfortable on the bike right now. Trying to walk an hour, every second day :thumbsup: Figure I will go for time and not worry about distance :R
I quit society when I found out toothpicks came with instructions
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:08 am

MountainBiker wrote:Well, I have gone back to walking again. Just don't feel all that comfortable on the bike right now. Trying to walk an hour, every second day :thumbsup: Figure I will go for time and not worry about distance :R

sorry about you not feeling good on the bike.. :(

I love walking though.. We will be starting a group regular group night hike shortly. I add intensity when I need it with a weight vest.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:10 am

Last night we did a run.. I really did not feel well. :thinking: It hurt more to run.. and my time was a bit slower.. :(

I did some tire flipping.. but did it more slowly and did less than last time.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Wednesday nights ride.. was again a mountain bike ride.. because of the rain we rode at Summerhaven.. this area has been a riding area for 4 wheelers.. and before them motorcycles for years. It is an area filled with gravel pits.. and lots of trails... and sections have some great berms.. :thumbsup:

The best section is downhill.. and the berms increase in size as you get down the hill.. left right..left right... The next to last one is a big sweeper.. 6' tall.

The first time I went through pretty good.. but still broke a little for the big one.. [we had just received a lot of rain.. and there was washouts and some stuff was loose] well there is a short trail that loops back around to the top.. so we all went back up for another run. I decided to get a little more aggressive this time. I went high on the wall.. perhaps a little to high... and I stayed up there a little to long.. I hit a soft spot.. and the front end washed out.. sending me over the bars. and over the berm.. :o

Fortunately I did not hit anything anything to painful.. :D :thumbsup: :worship:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:38 pm

thursday night.. another rainy one.. we went out for a run.. I really did not feel great.. I was a couple of minutes slower than my last run. I did some tire flipping again.. but slower.. and only 10 flips in each direction. I started to feel worse.. so ended my workout there.

Friday we just went out for a walk.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:42 pm

today we had a group road ride from Dave's place.. we rode a moderate 24 miles. I also brought my mountain bike.. Dave has made a short 1/2 mile trail behind his house. He had a couple of hills he can't ride up.. [soft earth.. and semi technical] and wanted to see how I faired. The first one I did ok.. about 1/3rd of the way up, I spun some.. but recovered and made it.

The next one.. took me.. I think 4 times before I made it. It is soft.. lumpy.. lots of little moguls.. and rooting and tight spots between the trees. I had to pick the right gear.. and play with lines..

We then stayed and helped split and load about 4 cords of firewood..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby MountainBiker » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:37 am

did an easy 40km ride today...nice and slow along the flats by the lake...fely good :thumbsup:
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:29 pm

mk10108 wrote:The man from Snowy river

:scratchthinking:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:29 pm

MountainBiker wrote:did an easy 40km ride today...nice and slow along the flats by the lake...fely good :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:30 pm

we ran again tonight.. I felt a bit better than the other night.. and felt it was time to add some distance. Then tire flipping.. and kettle bell work.. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Tuesday night road ride.. we found much of the group could get there earlier.. so we did. Typically we would be getting done this ride for the season... because of darkness. I was asked to lead a fast group.. and Matt would go with the others. We had two tandems and a few single riders head with us. We ended up with one tandem and one single being able to hang.. the other altered there route. We did 28 miles at 21.4 mph ave.

This morning I did a little kettle bell work. I would swing some.. then stop to walk while in recovery mode.. I did that for 3 sets.. then jogged over to visit my neighbor at his farm. I got to unload and take care of some grain.. hay.. and shavings.. while there. 8)

We have a mountain bike ride shortly. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby MountainBiker » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:41 pm

65 min walk on Monday and 70 min today...too dark to get rides in in the evenings now :cry:

This weekend we are splitting and stacking our firewood for the winter.
I feel a big "Ouch" coming on :D
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic