Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:12 pm

we are back from another snowshoe.

We over to friends and went from there place. up and down a ridge that used to be the local college's ski slope. We went up and down about 4 times.

a little under 4 miles and about 1500 feet of climbing.

I have a garmin 305 it is a wrist watch type gps / pulse monitor. It measures distance.. speeds. pulse.. elevation change as well as other things.

It is also a basic gps.. so If I get lost I can use to to get home :D

when I get home I hook it up to my computor and it downloads all my data from the hike.. :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby iplay10us2 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:19 pm

I have the Garmin Forerunner 301 that I use to track my mileage, etc. I just love it and also use it to track how far I kayak.

I didn't get much exercise in today because I drove up to my cabin to clean out the fridge and freezer since the ice storm knocked power out for 10 days. I did walk the dogs for about 2 miles (no Garmin with me) while I was checking out the trout action on the river. Dixie got to do her usual "roll in river mud" adventure, and Abbie was just happy to be running off leash.

It is nice, and sunny up here in North Central Arkansas, but chilly.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:35 pm

iplay10us2 wrote:I have the Garmin Forerunner 301 that I use to track my mileage, etc. I just love it and also use it to track how far I kayak.

I didn't get much exercise in today because I drove up to my cabin to clean out the fridge and freezer since the ice storm knocked power out for 10 days. I did walk the dogs for about 2 miles (no Garmin with me) while I was checking out the trout action on the river. Dixie got to do her usual "roll in river mud" adventure, and Abbie was just happy to be running off leash.

It is nice, and sunny up here in North Central Arkansas, but chilly.

a 2 mile walk isn't bad for a day off.. :D [because you had work to do]

sorry to hear of the food loss..
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby swissarmygirl » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:37 pm

I almost forgot....I walked about 3 miles yesterday. :thumbsup:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:50 pm

swissarmygirl wrote:I almost forgot....I walked about 3 miles yesterday. :thumbsup:

It's to late to post for yesterday.. :o :lol:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby swissarmygirl » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:53 pm

Fenlason wrote:
swissarmygirl wrote:I almost forgot....I walked about 3 miles yesterday. :thumbsup:

I laid around all day today....I walked to the mailbox....that must count for something. :oops:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:04 pm

swissarmygirl wrote:
Fenlason wrote:

I laid around all day today....I walked to the mailbox....that must count for something. :oops:

+1 :oops: Hikes were a bit ambitious yesterday and my legs are sure someone hit them. :oops: No more up hills for a few weeks.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:06 pm

Miriam C. wrote:
swissarmygirl wrote:
Fenlason wrote:

+1 :oops: Hikes were a bit ambitious yesterday and my legs are sure someone hit them. :oops: No more up hills for a few weeks.

get a foam roller...

they help you recover faster.. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Fenlason wrote:
Miriam C. wrote:
swissarmygirl wrote:
Fenlason wrote:

get a foam roller...

Huh! What am I gonna do with a foam roller? :thinking:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:32 pm

Miriam C. wrote:
Fenlason wrote:
Miriam C. wrote:
swissarmygirl wrote:
Fenlason wrote:

get a foam roller...

Huh! What am I gonna do with a foam roller? :thinking:

It's a special foam roller... you roll your legs over it..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:33 pm

glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

exercise

Postby scott and becky » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:00 am

Becky has been doing three miles at 3.5 on the treadmill every day. She saw the docter yesterday because her shoulders hurt so bad. :(

The doctor said she had never seen someone with such tence muscles and to stay off the treadmill for two weeks!( I guess she was holding on to the hand rails while she was walking.) :?

I guess we will be pounding the pavement for the next little while!! I wish it wold warm up a little... it was 38' in Riverside this morning. We went to the mall for our walk!

8) 8)
I never get lost..there's just some times I don't know where I'm at!

scott and becky
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve E » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Today is really windy and rainy here in Northern Ca. I am in the procrastinateing mode for sure....
Then think of all of you that have been posting and how the Classic Fin and our friends from Maine are getting out there in "Real Weather Conditons" and kind of gives me that push to "Just Do It"...
I surely won't melt and if dress for it....How bad can it be! Think you all have been really good for me to keep me from wimping out! Pretty mild conditions compared to many of yours! So with that I vow to hit the road today........Think I may not have a partner though!!!! :)
Neighbors will be looking out saying look at that crazy woman...Neither rain, sleet, snow or wind keeps a good woman down....HaHa....or it will be said that Woman is just "Plain Nuts".....Thanks for all your support...It is for you all that I muck thru today...........Hope everyone having a good day..............Patty
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Steve E » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Hope you feel better soon Becky. Seems like every new muscle we use one way or another sure lets us know it in a hurry! Watching the Biggest Loser they sure get those treadmills moving fast....If you upped your speed you were probably holding on for dear life! Take care.....
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi all...I haven't posted much on the forum at all inthe last few "winter" months... but just found this thread. I regrettably put on about 8 lbs since Sept... I joked that it must be the Indian in me or I'm part bear... stocking up for cold weather.
Well, that's no excuse huh?

My 20 yr old son and I have both been interested in a kick your butt in shape program called p90x and he is going to be bringing me a copy of the workout. If , no WHEN I get started I'll post here. I might put before pics and updates on youtube where a lot of other folks on the program do that too.

We'll see... and Lisa, like you ... I swear I've read every label in the store lately ... watching carbs and sodium too

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic