Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Fenlason » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:32 pm

We did a mountain bike ride Monday night. We rode with some old freinds I have not ridden with in years. It was great.. and painful to ride with others more my speed. 8)

The terrain was quite hilly.. lots of steep.. up and down.. it also had a lot of tight and twisty technical terrain.

Last night was a hike my my weight vest.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby MountainBiker » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:30 pm

mk10108 wrote:rode 48 miles yesterday and got my ass handed to me. Zooming along and the tank went dry.

Ya, I know that feeling all too well :?
Going to be a great weekend this weekend, so hope to get at least two rides in. Doing a lot of walking in the meantime.
Oh ya, I have been cleared to race again finally. They figure I have gotten over my concussion enough that I can go out and wack my head again :lol:
I quit society when I found out toothpicks came with instructions
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:06 am

MountainBiker wrote:
mk10108 wrote:rode 48 miles yesterday and got my ass handed to me. Zooming along and the tank went dry.

Ya, I know that feeling all too well :?
Going to be a great weekend this weekend, so hope to get at least two rides in. Doing a lot of walking in the meantime.
Oh ya, I have been cleared to race again finally. They figure I have gotten over my concussion enough that I can go out and wack my head again :lol:

ooh.. that's good news... :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:56 pm

we did a couple of hour hike through the woods tonight.

My left knee is swollen badly.. I think it is gout related.. :(
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby bravebluemice » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Started a very physically demanding job recently, and adjusted my diet accordingly to try and shed away some of the extry.

I started two months ago at a hefty 350. Shortly after starting I jumped to 375, and as of today I'm 323. I bulked a ton of muscle right away, and now the fat is melting away quite rapidly.

I'm 6 feet even, and a 46,32 pants, but I don't look very fat, just really big in the shoulders. That's not to say that I don't have a belly that needs to go, but I certainly don't look a pound over 280. It's fun (and profitable) to fool carnies.

I'm down four belt notches since I started, and am now starting to re-think my pant size.

~BBM
Press On Regardless.
bravebluemice
Teardrop Builder

Postby Fenlason » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:11 am

That's great. :thumbsup: That's what Johnny is doing. We had gotten him to exercise some, then he changed jobs and now he gets his work out at work.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:55 am

Sunday a road ride..

scenic and casual.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby MountainBiker » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:59 am

bravebluemice wrote:Started a very physically demanding job recently, and adjusted my diet accordingly to try and shed away some of the extry.

I started two months ago at a hefty 350. Shortly after starting I jumped to 375, and as of today I'm 323. I bulked a ton of muscle right away, and now the fat is melting away quite rapidly.

I'm 6 feet even, and a 46,32 pants, but I don't look very fat, just really big in the shoulders. That's not to say that I don't have a belly that needs to go, but I certainly don't look a pound over 280. It's fun (and profitable) to fool carnies.

I'm down four belt notches since I started, and am now starting to re-think my pant size.

~BBM

Great work :thumbsup:
I quit society when I found out toothpicks came with instructions
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Fenlason wrote:Roberta.. are you doing your yoga?

Becca you were going to rejoin us after your being sick [last winter] :roll:

Well today we went for a run.. and did our tire flips and kettlebell work.. :D

Blah, blah, blah...that's my excuse. I did start riding my new bike but stopped 2 weeks ago after my dog jumped accidently fell out the basket on the back and scared the crap out of me. And her. So, tomorrow I start back on the bike without Miss Fatso in the basket.

But I won't be riding 250 miles like my buddy Berta. I'll just start with 5 miles then work up. The evenings are starting to cool off a little and it sure makes for a nice ride with no bugs.

Where the heck is Roberta???? I think she's ignoring me. :thinking: Are you ignoring me girl???

Ok, time to retire to my comfy bed. Y'all have a good night my friends.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:01 am

Hey Becca.. :lady:

glad to have you back..

I hope Miss Fatso is ok.. :o
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:04 am

I have a really bad gout flare up in my left knee and lower leg. I went 3 days without doing any exercise.. :cry:

but did try a mountain bike ride last night..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:44 am

Oh-oww-gout! :( Hubby gets flareups in his big toe every now and then. From what I 'hear', it's painful. Hope you get it under control.

Yes, Miss Fatso is fine but she hasn't been too excited about getting back in the basket since then. It was her own fault - she did fine the first 2 weeks riding then she decides she wants to put both front paws on my back and stand up during the ride. Stopped, told her "no-no", rode again and she did it again. This time I didn't stop but slowed down in a turn and out she went.

She rolled, I stopped and she tucked her tail and gave me a pretty nasty look. I checked her over and she was ok, just shook up. So, I picked up fat butt up and walked the bike home with her in my arms. That right there was enough of a workout.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:52 am

CAJUN LADY wrote:Oh-oww-gout! :( Hubby gets flareups in his big toe every now and then. From what I 'hear', it's painful. Hope you get it under control.

Yes, Miss Fatso is fine but she hasn't been too excited about getting back in the basket since then. It was her own fault - she did fine the first 2 weeks riding then she decides she wants to put both front paws on my back and stand up during the ride. Stopped, told her "no-no", rode again and she did it again. This time I didn't stop but slowed down in a turn and out she went.

She rolled, I stopped and she tucked her tail and gave me a pretty nasty look. I checked her over and she was ok, just shook up. So, I picked up fat butt up and walked the bike home with her in my arms. That right there was enough of a workout.

Yeah gout will often feel like a broken bone. I have it in my left knee.. and in the tendon running down the back of my left calf.

I am glad Miss Fatso is ok... :D :worship: as well as you..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby swissarmygirl » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:14 pm

I hit 20 lbs lost this week......5 more to go. :D
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:03 pm

swissarmygirl wrote:I hit 20 lbs lost this week......5 more to go. :D

:applause: :applause:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic