Multi-mat

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Multi-mat

Postby beverlyt » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:39 pm

Rugs! They drive me CRAZY while camping! :roll:

I like to put one underneath where our chairs are in case we're somewhere where dirt seems to be our only friend.

But it seems like no matter how much I shake them off, they've always got some dirt/sand left in them to drag back home with us.

Picked up something like this today:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

It folds up nicely, won't hold the dirt, and since it's plastic and mildrew resistant, I can just wipe it off clean.

Think this will work out better!
beverlyt
500 Club

Awning Mats

Postby anonymous2 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:37 pm

Hey Bev,

Have you ever tried an RV awning mats. They are made on nylon woven material,and are porous,and let water drain through. We have a 9' X 12'size in the rose pattern. We got ours in the winter,and were on sale for $29.95,but retail now for $59.95{our size}. If they get dirty at the camp site,just roll up,take home ,and hose off,hang to dry. Ours is big enough to lay down, back on one edge,and this leaves a 9' X 9" area behind the tear.This gives enough area to put our 10' X 10' Quick shade over the galley end. We put ours in a 55 gallon trash bag if dirty,and take home ,and clean. They do have specials from time to time,so check often.
Here is a link to the Company we bought from
http://www.siskensales.com/main/mats_frame.html Good luck.

pateardropper
anonymous2
The 300 Club

Postby beverlyt » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:18 pm

Very nice!

I had seen them at some time or another, but didn't know what they were called.

The "mat" I just bought is probably similar, though probably not as good of quality. It is also only 60" x 78".

Thanks for the information.... SO much better than a conventional rug!

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Return to Off Topic