I think I am be coming addicted

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

I think I am be coming addicted

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:38 pm

I think I am be coming addict .... addict ..... addicted to this forum.
It is now my start up page. :D
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Bobgorilla » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:08 am

:frightened: Ron, I have to agree, little more than a week ago I found this site and I already spend more time here than any other site
if you're not bleeding you're not really working
Bobgorilla
Teardrop Dreamer

Postby SteveH » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:15 am

And.....It only gets worse. Been here about 6 months, built a teardrop, and NOW trying to figure out an acceptable reason (acceptable to you know who) why I should build another one. :?
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Bobgorilla » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:30 am

Steve, a logical, I know logic isn't a reason most you know whos accept, reason would be that now you know what you're doing the next one will be so much nicer :lol: A reason that some you know whos, if presented properly, accept is "its for the kids" 8) gl
if you're not bleeding you're not really working
Bobgorilla
Teardrop Dreamer

Postby SteveH » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:35 pm

"its for the kids"

Bob,

I can't use that one because our only "kid" is 25 years old, married, in the Air Force, and flying F-15s in England. :lol:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby DestinDave » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:00 pm

That's perfect Steve - planning for the future "little kids". Thinking ahead of "little ones" always scores with You Know Who. :twisted:
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:51 pm

SteveH wrote:
"its for the kids"

Bob,

I can't use that one because our only "kid" is 25 years old, married, in the Air Force, and flying F-15s in England. :lol:

And when he and his family come to visit and you take them camping .... where are they going to sleep .... IN THE SECOND TEARDROP ... but it you do an even better job on this one ... you can offer to give them the old one!! ;)

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Woody » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:14 pm

Boy from the title of this thread. I figured it would have many more posts than this considering almost 1000 members :thinking: . It just goes to show that there are many people in DENIAL :shock: on there ADDICTION :oops: . I for one will admit it that I am addicted to the Forum and Teardrops. :roll: There I said it, what a relief, the burden of being out of the closet on this :o . Hi, My name is Woody 8) and I am addicted to Teardrops and the forum. Now to find a suitable 12 step program since I am no longer in DENIAL. Whew I feel free :roll: THANKS :thumbsup: Anybody got a cold beer? :twisted:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue May 10, 2005 8:46 pm

Woody wrote:Boy from the title of this thread. I figured it would have many more posts than this considering almost 1000 members :thinking: . It just goes to show that there are many people in DENIAL :shock: on there ADDICTION :oops: . I for one will admit it that I am addicted to the Forum and Teardrops. :roll: There I said it, what a relief, the burden of being out of the closet on this :o . Hi, My name is Woody 8) and I am addicted to Teardrops and the forum. Now to find a suitable 12 step program since I am no longer in DENIAL. Whew I feel free :roll: THANKS :thumbsup: Anybody got a cold beer? :twisted:

step 1. sit down infront of a hot fire and pull out a cool beer and plan your way through this process.
Step 2. Take a Deep breath cause you is in deep sh.t. Addiction is not overnight a processs. ... and have another beer while you are at it. (wine, or margaretah depending on where you live)
Step 3 look at all your plans and drawings and think where did I go wrong? you could have built a boat, a lake cabin, or a game room on your house. But you choose to build a T or TTT and brake away form the crowds. You stubid fool .... You had to pick this one as your fun.
step 5. Look at your feet they could be out hiking in the woods and you could put up your tent anywhere. Pull out your sleeping back from your framed backpack and sleep under the stars on God's earth. But you just did not want to feel another rock under your left shoulder, nor realize it hurt just as much under the left shoulder as it did on the right.. But know you had to go and dream. You spent the money your wife could have spent on bingo but no .... you spent it on wood, screws and glue. Just because of a blankaty blank Rock!
Step 6. Take another deep breath go sit in your teardrop and say over and over I am not addicted to the T&TTT and have another drink.
Step 7 after having a good night sleep in your trailer and your wife looking at you with a worried look ... after all she did not yell at you the night before and tell you to go sleep with the dog ... and If she had not fallen asleep watching late night TV .... she would have brought you out some of her special snacks and hot coco.
Step 8 the next night do the same as "step 6" drink your hot coco watch the tonight show with your wife by your side.
Step 9 the following morning :worship:
step 10. :D you really love your little home away from home :thumbsup:
Step 11 :twisted: this is not an addiction this is way to much fun.
Step 12 you are fully healed ... :angel: :whistle: :ok: :shake hands:
Now then about your drinking problem .... I know this place where.....
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Woody » Tue May 10, 2005 9:44 pm

I said "twelve step" not "twelve pack" program :lol: GEEZ,Your killing me, or rather my liver. :twisted: gosh darn it, now I spilled my beer :cry: on the keyboa..........
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Tue May 10, 2005 10:06 pm

I found this forum on the third day of its existence and while finishing up my second beloved Tear. Somehow I worked my way up to 5th in total posts untill finally asianflava took over that spot. Have built three Tears so far and am planning 4th. It is not a 12 step program it is a twelve Tear program so just accept it and get a second mortgage on the house and build all twelve at one time and save a lot of pain. For those who haven't yet gone camping with a bunch of other Teardroppers there may still be a chance for you. If you can go cold turkey before you start building then you have more will power than us. May the force be with you.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GregJ » Wed May 11, 2005 10:43 pm

Dang, I think I'm catching it too. I read the geocaching stuff too... My wifes really going to be ticked :lol:
Greg Jones
GregJ
Teardrop Builder

Postby Chris C » Wed May 18, 2005 11:56 am

Hate to bare my soul and admit it...................but you guys have me addicted also..........and I've never even SEEN a tear! (but you can bet your sweet a$$ I'll be in Minden to see a lot of 'em!)
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Guest » Wed May 18, 2005 12:55 pm

Chris C wrote:Hate to bare my soul and admit it...................but you guys have me addicted also..........and I've never even SEEN a tear! (but you can bet your sweet a$$ I'll be in Minden to see a lot of 'em!)

Chris,
Denial is more than a river in Egypt... :lol:
You need to get past that and take resposibilty for your own addiction, because "We guys" haven't made you become addicted, you made yourself become addicted.
When you get to Minden make sure you look up Kai, he's an old buddy of mine from way back... He'll straighten you out... :twisted:
(He has a mechanical engineering background, so his thoughts and ideas will be good medicine for you)

Postby Chris C » Wed May 18, 2005 1:51 pm

Teardrop,

Okay, "you guys" may not have caused my addiction, but you keep smoking all this tear stuff around me and I've become addicted by association! 8) You know, second-hand addictions are just as debilitating. :roll: I build custom furniture for a living and used to own a plastic manufacturing company, so I've had to engineer a lot of things in my life...............but I'll accept any suggestions freely given. Knowlege is always good medicine. If I don't learn something new every day, I'm not living! I'll look up Kai at the gathering..........along with 50 other people I want to meet. :)
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Next

Return to Off Topic