Engineers

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby An Ol Timer » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:38 am

The greatest engineers in the U S today and well worth their pay are the "obsolesence engineers". They help keep this great economy going by having most things you buy today become obsolete tomorrow.
:lol:
An Ol Timer
Teardrop Master

Postby Joanne » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:14 pm

Bobgorilla wrote:if you're not bleeding you're not really working

I have to laugh at your sig quote. My ex and I had a long running joke that it took two trips to the hardware store and blood before it was a project. I knew it was time for bandaids when I heard, "It's a project!".

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Bobgorilla » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:36 pm

Joanne wrote:
Bobgorilla wrote:if you're not bleeding you're not really working

I have to laugh at your sig quote. My ex and I had a long running joke that it took two trips to the hardware store and blood before it was a project. I knew it was time for bandaids when I heard, "It's a project!".

Joanne
:drofl: Thanks, It was something I learned more than 25 years ago in the Navy, I don't remember if I came up with it or one of my crewmates did. We often worked in small tight spaces with plenty of sharp corners and lockwire. Being a big guy (even then) I cut myself on something all the time, lots of times without even knowing til somebody told me. I also like yours :applause: , I probably wouldn't qualify to look like Brad Pitt, but you'd think I at least equal Drew Carey anyway. :rofl2::rofl::laughter:
if you're not bleeding you're not really working
Bobgorilla
Teardrop Dreamer

Engineer

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:55 pm

While Going to Forestry School I had a summer job staking a road to be built. An old Cat operator came by and told us that it did not matter if we made a mistake he did not go by them anyway.

Merlin

Previous

Return to Off Topic