Teardrop Fiction

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Teardrop Fiction

Postby jsparrish26 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:56 pm

I started reading this thread, and couldn't stop. It was almost like I was sitting in front of the console radio listening to The Lone Ranger, though I'm too young to remember anything about that besides stories from my parents. Imagine my sadness to read from 3,4, and 5 years ago only to discover Tex was gone before I ever read his first line. QueenJeannie had it right, quite the enigma that stumbled into my life, stayed for 3 years, and vanished oh too quickly 2 days later. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading, and would love to see the complete work - sans the cut off stories and foreign characters. I've tried to open the download listed from http://www.chalnet.net/download/Cowboy.pdf but as with many items here on the forum, time has passed and some links just don't work anymore. If there is a copy out there, I'd love to have it. I'd love to read more stories too. I've listened for 3 years like a kid glued to that radio when my wife, the pre-k teacher, is telling our kids stories about Annabelle, a little girl that lives in our neighborhood and to this day I don't know if shes real or not. I'm scared storytelling has passed us by in favor of video games, iPhones, and iPads. Ratkity, QJ, Cliff, others - I'd love to hear some more. Thanks guys!
jsparrish26
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Teardrop Fiction

Postby PanelDeland » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:07 pm

I was a member here and life got busy and other things took my time so I missed the Tex stories until a few days ago, He was truly talented and is a loss not only to the forum but to the world for his style and humility. I enjoyed every word from the writers and wish I had known Tex though I have friends that do stories much like his in a storyteller form, usually with guitar, some spoken some sang. There are too few who can spin a yarn like Tex and we need to cherish them while we can.
"I know the voices in my head aren't real,but they have some really good Ideas!"
PanelDeland
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Off Topic