The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Alan Wood » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:32 pm

The office building contracted with some outfit to clean the carpets. then the crew they sent Saturday couldn't do the second floor. :thumbdown: So all that work getting ready late last week will have to be redone. Other than finding that out eork went well today.
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:20 am

Alan Wood wrote:The office building contracted with some outfit to clean the carpets. then the crew they sent Saturday couldn't do the second floor. :thumbdown: So all that work getting ready late last week will have to be redone. Other than finding that out eork went well today.

Nothing like having to "unnecessarily" re-doing work. :(
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:24 am

We have sun this morning.. but it is supposed to cloud up later. I didn't check our low.. but it's supposed to get up to the lower 20's. We do have colder weather on it's way, by the weekend our highs are supposed to be around zero. It looks like we might be having a winter this year… :roll: 8)

We need to clean off the deck.. and clean up the driveway.. We have our tree, Laurie wants to put that up today.. but first.. some trail work.. maybe our last for the season.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Trail work done.. only about 2 hours this morning. That's all it took to do what we could on the new trail, and we had other stuff to do. We have the deck and other shoveling done, and the driveway snowblowed. We have the tree up and Laurie is decorating it now. Bkool rides.. and I think that is all else we need to do today. :)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:02 pm

We had decent weather today.. some sun.. although pretty weak.. and our temps got up to around 30. I had a pretty lo key day.. I did some wrapping.. and then did some work on one of my saws. I took it apart and cleaned it up.. cleaned and dressed the bar.. and sharpened the chain.

Late afternoon I did a little weight workout. Laurie is out for a hike now.

Last night be did a Bkool ride.. it was one of our local loops. It was around 22 miles. I was wanting an easier week. I have been doing some pretty intense rides.. and have been increasing my weekly milage for a few weeks now. Not that it's that great yet, for I didn't do much this fall. Anyways.. I was going to ride semi hard last night. We had a few people join us. I ended up with someone chasing me.. he had caught and passed Laurie.. and others.. and was working toward me.. so I was working to stay away.. Then about a mile out.. my computer wanted to update. :x

It was covering a part of the screen I needed to see.. and I was at that point cranking pretty good.. and it's hard to reach the mouse from the bike… apparently I miss clicked. :( :x

It down loaded the update… and then re-started.. ending my race not far from the finish.. and of course it did not save any of my data. The guy chasing me now has the fastest time on it. At least I was doing super hard race.. trying to beat Bill.

I will take today off the bike.. and maybe ride the same course tomorrow. :thinking:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:22 am

Chilly this morning 17 degrees and wind chill of 3. Going to be a windy cold day today with wind chills in single digits all day and maybe below zero this afternoon/evening.

Been going out walking most everyday the last couple weeks, but NOT today me thinks. :thinking: I might work on more rearranging stuff in the garage and the basement today - or might just watch some movies and maybe some stuff on the computer. I may have a place to go shoot now, but have not got there yet. It is only a couple miles from my house and not really open to the public so should not be anyone there most of the time. It is outdoors, so will not be trying it today or tomorrow either due to the temps and wind.

Glenn, you should be able to set your computer to due updates at a specific time to avoid it doing one when you are riding. You would have to leave it on of course during the time you set. Maybe early morning?
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:52 am

From what I am reading windows 10.. doesn't have a lot of options on upgrades. I leave the computer on.. hoping I miss much of the upgrade times. [we only use them for BKool]

We are at 10 below this morning.. and windy.. so with windchill we are at around 30 below.

I won't be working on the porch today... :roll: Yesterday I did a little work in the loft [better insulating the windows better] It involves running out to the barn and porch for lumber and cutting.. I might pass on that today.

It is supposed to warm up tomorrow.. with some snow on the way 2" to 5".
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:58 am

Glenn, try this:

You Can Choose When to Reboot
Click the “Advanced options” link in the Windows Update interface and you’ll only find two “Choose how updates are installed” options. You can pick “Automatic,” which is the default — Windows will automatically download updates, install them, and schedule a reboot for a time when you aren’t using your PC.

You can also choose “Notify to schedule restart,” which will prevent your PC from automatically rebooting without your confirmation. But, either way, those updates will be automatically downloaded and installed.

toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:00 am

Another cold morning - 13 with real feel of 1 when I got up. Should not be as bad as yesterday though. Winds are to be less today. Not sure what I will be doing today. Might go to the store and also maybe the Post Office to get a flat rate box for mailing something to Japan. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby caseydog » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Howdy strangers. I'v been all over the country for the last month, so haven't been able to check in much. California three times, Oklahoma twice, Kansas twice, St. Louis once, and some other places that are a blur to me, now. I even changed planes last week on a flight from Tulsa to San Diego at DFW Airport, thirty minutes from my house. Never left the airport. :lol:

I missed the South-Central Tears christmas gathering last weekend. :cry:

The forecast for tomorrow calls for a high of 72-degrees. The high for Sunday... 29 degrees. :shock: That's North Texas for ya'.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:34 am

CD, that sounds like a few different times when I was active duty and had to travel for work. I know the feeling of not sure what day it is or where you are. :lol: Hope ya can get some rest now and hope it was worth all the travel.

21 degrees and freezing rain at 5 this morning. 26 and sleet on top of snow now though. Just going to be an ugly day around here for the weather. It is supposed to warm into the 40s later and rain.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:45 am

Good morning people :D

Thanks for the info Kerry.. Welcome home CD…

We were at zero when I looked this morning. It is supposed to warm a bit today. [and more tomorrow… they say it might hit 50 tomorrow] :o

We have snow today. warm and rain tomorrow.. and then back to cold on Monday.

We don't have any place to be.. or anything specific that we need to do.. so we will probably head to the woods for some work.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:23 pm

We waited until around 9:30 to head out to the woods.. although it was still zero out. We worked about 3 1/2 hours out there. It wasn't have bad out there.. it took a while for my hands to warm up.. despite the chemical hand warmer. It might have taken an hour before the got comfortable. It was pretty out… and we got a bit of work done.

We will probably just take it easy for a bit.. although Laurie is still wrapping… :roll: then onto some Bkool. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:10 am

Weather report from North Texas.

It was 69-degrees when I left the house at noon today to go shopping. It was 46 by the time I finished shopping at 2PM. It was in the thirties at supper time. It is 22-degrees right now, at 11:18 PM.

By midnight, we should have dropped 50 degrees in 12 hours.

But... it is supposed to be in the sixties by Wednesday. A weather roller coaster.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:59 am

Yup, nice weather! It was 33 last night about 9 and is 57 right now at 6:11AM with rain coming soon. Should have rain at least through noon and then the temps will start falling the rest of the day. They predict temps in the 20s by 9 tonight.

I need to go grocery shopping today I guess, but not sure what else will get done. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic