The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:55 pm

Just a couple of days ago we had wind chills of 30-40 below.. today.. 40's and drizzle.

Earlier we had snow.. then some freezing rain.. which switched to rain. It was slushy and slippery out. We here heading to the hardware store.. and a car had gone off in "front" of the house. The other side of the road.. they spun.. and went off the road backwards.. quite a ways down over the bank. No one was hurt.. but it the back of the car was rather caved in. :o One of the cars that stopped had just gone off the road around the corner.

We are supposed to be back down around zero tomorrow.. which will make for an icy mess.

I did choose to clean up everything today. For an icy mess is maybe preferable to a frozen up mess of deeper stuff.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:16 pm

toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:20 am

Good Morning! :)

14 degrees this morning, but should be a sunny day and hit the mid to upper 30s. Going to take the atv and plow to the golf course and use the maintenance shop to try and straighten the push tubes on the plow. Also, have to go to the Post Office and mail a package overseas.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday morning and then went out for a 1 hour walk about noon. It was a little nippy, but nice and sunny yesterday. Planning to get out for a nice walk today also.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:40 am

toypusher wrote:Image

That's mean! I am trying... :cry:

:R :R 8) 8)
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:21 am

Good morning. We have 10 below zero this morning. I was awake a bit last night.. and fell back asleep at 5:00am.. and got up late.

I did a little more shopping yesterday.. and swung by the shop. We then went to the visiting hours of Laurie's co-worker. :( Then did a BKool ride.

We have some sun today.. Laurie has it off.. she just ran into town.. I am still vegging. I am not sure what's up for today :thinking:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

We put some multicolored lights around the perimeter of my little shop. I decided to go all the way around, so I need another strand. I will pick up more on the way to work tomorrow. I am helping with a delivery tomorrow. We have done a few other little things.. bringing in some firewood.. emptying ashes out of the fireplace.. spreading them on the path to Laurie's car.

We just did a weight workout.

We thought it was supposed to warm up today.. it did get up to 10.. but we both were expecting more… :thinking:

The lights for the shop I will keep up.. There are a pretty small led version.. and I will use them for accent lighting at other times.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:14 am

It was 19 degrees when i got up. Should be sunny and high 30s or low 40s. Bad night for sleeping last night.

I finally got out and did some shooting yesterday and it was a blast even though it is more fun with someone else to shoot against. Might get out again today, but thinking of going to get some more ammo and targets first. When to a Christmas dinner last night for the lawn care business that I work for and got a very nice bonus. :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:51 am

Good morning.. I was up at 4:30… the temp looks like about 30... :o

I got my lights yesterday on the way to work.. and put them up when i finally got home.

I got a couple of rides in last night. I wanted to do the ride, that my computer shut down that last time.. and a little 3 mile ride popped up.. I decided to do that as a warm up. I guess I should have checked the grades. :roll: It was an out and back… we rode on relatively flat ground to start with.. but very quickly it went to 19.6 percent!! :shock: and from there it kept climbing.. It occasionally slacked off to 10 and 11 percent.. it got as steep as 22. Man that hurt.. especially with no warm up.

I sat to recover a little and to check out my stats.. then did my other ride. I had the 3 previous riders in as ghost. This ride hurt.. my chaser.. was harder to deal with than I remembered.. of course I might have ridden stronger my last ride. He seemed to be always 7-12 seconds back. Although at around 13 or so miles.. he seemed to fade a little.

This course was a local ride that we do.. but for some reason.. there are some hills on it, that are much worse than they are in person. I am guessing that is a garmin issue.

I have a little more wrapping to do today. I am not sure what else I will do.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:08 pm

I didn't feel all that great today. I did finish my wrapping.. and chores.. dishes and Laundry. I relocated a light on the porch.. and then moved over the curtain rod [and curtains obviously]. I will need to make something to more permanently fasten the light fixture where it is now.. but that can wait.

Laurie and I did a BKool ride. [she's not ridden in a couple of days]..I wanted to do something.. and was going to take it easy. I found a relatively flat 6 mile course. A time trial course in Barcelona. I was going to keep it below 150 watts… but then there were rabbits to chase.. I think there were 10 people on the course ahead of me.. I started trying to take it semi easy to reel some of them in.. but there were more than I thought.. and I just kept going. I did catch all of them.. and felt pretty good. I am really anxious to try it again… to have a proper warm up.. and then fully crank it without holding back. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:49 am

I did a little winter yard work today. Very little. That was my exercise. I have more to do, but need to restock on the big bags they require here for yard waste.

Tomorrow, I hit the road again to drive to Houston to do that family christmas thing. Psycho-poodle has been at my parent's house since Thanksgiving, since I was going to be on the road most of December. He's going to go nuts. He's not going to let me out of his sight the whole time I'm there, so I don't leave him, again. The last time we went through this routine, he was so clingy that I tripped over him and did a nose-breaking face plant on a hardwood floor. I'll be a lot more alert, this time.

It is going to be highs in the 70s and lows in the 60s down there, this week. A little cooler up here, but still too warm for December.

I hate the drive from Dallas to Houston and back. There are no good alternatives to I-45, and since I-45 isn't a toll-road, the maintenance is sketchy. Lot's of big-rig tire carcasses to dodge, too. Here in the land of low taxes, you pay with hefty tolls, or car repairs. But, as long as it isn't a tax, folks here don't mind paying. Seriously, people here would rather pay 50-bucks a month in tolls, than an extra 5-bucks a year in taxes.

Oh, I rented a car for the trip. I got a great upgrade, for free, probably because I rented a dozen cars from Hertz just in the last month. So, the MINI will stay safe and cozy in the garage, while I drive a loaded AWD Dodge Charger through the gauntlet.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:59 am

Have fun CD. Don't envy you the drive. Luckily we are not driving anywhere for the holiday except about 6 miles to my BILs on Monday.

Had to run to a farmers market yesterday for some stuff and also went to Lowe's and picked up 2 retro fit 6" LED pot light inserts and put them in our 2 bedroom closets. Got a new Keypad garage door opener for the detached garage and did some rearranging - now I can back my truck into that garage. Seems funny not seeing it in the driveway anymore. Have house cleaniing to do today because we are getting company Christmas day. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:35 am

A Pyscho Poodle [caused] broken nose doesn't sound like fun…. but an AWD Charger does. Have a safe trip.

:SH I woke at 2:30 am.. and have not been back to sleep. Thankfully I don't have anything that HAS to be done today.

We will be doing a little running around Christmas day. We will head about an hour Southwest to Laurie's sister's… Then back east of here to my Mother's then back south a little to an Aunt's and Uncle's.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:25 pm

I did run out to pick up some beer.. I will drop it off at the shop tomorrow.. [just saving a little time, by picking it up today].

I did some work outside.. I did some service on my 4 chainsaws… sharpened my loppers. I fixed the door hinge on my storage cabinet.. I did some shoveling for the sliding door… on the back of my barn.

We did do a little something for a ride. 18 miles.. at a moderate pace.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:11 pm

It is a brutal 79-degrees here in Houston. :snowstorm:

It's going to be a green christmas. I brought a long-sleeve shirt for my annual church attendance. I hope they run the air-conditioning.

It's movie night tonight. It has to be no-worse than PG rated for my mom.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:43 am

Good Morning and MERRY CHRISTMAS

CD, sorry to hear you will have to suffer in all that cold today!!! :lol:

Not much going on around here today. Went to inlaws last night and will go deliver some presents to our great nieces this morning and then have friends coming over around mid day. Should be a mostly sunny day a bit later with highs in the 40s.
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic