The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby toypusher » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:39 am

They were calling for up to an inch of snow here last night into this morning. But we got just a trace and the roads had been pre-treated so not big deal. I had a doctor appointment this morning and the roads were good. Been having some low blood-pressure issues lately, so going to doctor about that in the morning.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Nobody » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:37 pm

Kerry, you really need to get a reading on that low blood pressure. Lotsa folks think low is good but it can be nearly as dangerous as high... Good luck & take care.
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby toypusher » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:51 am

Thanks Harvey. Yeah off to doctor about the blood pressure this morning.

Warm today. 40s and sunny this morning then cloudy with chance of sprinkles.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:34 pm

Went to doctor this morning and they did an EKG. She says she is concerned and I have to get an echocardiogram stress test in the morning.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:12 pm

toypusher wrote:Went to doctor this morning and they did an EKG. She says she is concerned and I have to get an echocardiogram stress test in the morning.
:worship: :worship:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Good luck tomorrow Kerry. I hope they find nothing serious.

Yesterday morning I did some errands / shopping. [Laurie's birthday and valentine's day]

later in the afternoon Laurie and I did a good weight workout… I am pretty sore today. I am finally getting some strength back.

We got a couple inches of soft fluffy snow today.

I think I finally have my van door fixed. It's been over a week.. and it has opened and latched without a problem. It so I didn't want to bring the bikes somewhere to ride.. for worry about getting the door closed. There three different cables and latches and levers.. apparently I finally found where the problem was. :worship:

I will give a little longer before I put the panel back on the door yet though… :roll:

Laurie has her hike tonight.. and I plan to get on the Bkool shortly. After this weekends riding it feels tough to get back inside. :o It should be fine once I get back on it though.
Perhaps an outside ride tomorrow. I just learned of a new trail.. a semi abandoned rail line.. from in town [near the shop.. north for quite a ways. It was a side line that went up to a Paper mill that is close. The mill was the last / only place on it. Last winter [and this] it has been an "official" snowmobile trail. It is straight and flattish so not exciting in that regard.. but it will be a place where the conditions will be rideable where other places might not be. It's also hard to get lost.. :roll: 8) It does cross other trails that we know.. so that would be another option. It is quite scenic in places.. anyways I might go explore that tomorrow.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:45 pm

Laurie's harasser has helped light a fire in me. Right now she is walking else ware with others.. so has less potential to run into him. I am still planning to walk with her.. in the other direction some. We will explore protection.. but not so much for him.. but in general… whether it is just mace or more is yet to be seen. We have a few people to talk to about that yet.

He is has also added some extra fuel for my workouts. I also plan to get back into other hobbies.. that I used to do. One..I used to throw tomahawks. I loved doing it. It is sort of a "warrior" type thing. While maybe not the best choice for self defense.. it might make me feel good.. and it was fun. Maybe like target shooting with a gun. I used to be pretty good. I got so I could throw two at once.. One in each hand at two different targets. I could do single spin.. one and a half and doubles.. here… and I have "snuck" over to Colby College to use the woodsman targets.. they were a little bigger than mine.. and I was able to throw some triple revolution spins to the target.. which means you are quite some distance away. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Hey Kerry, I hope the tests find the problem, and you get fixed up. :thumbsup:

Glenn, I hope I don't see, "Alien Sheepman Attacks Man With Tomahawks" on CNN. :o Actually, I guess I'd most likely see that in the National Enquirer. :lol:

It was sunny and 78 today, but we're looking at cloudy and 48 tomorrow. More weather whiplash.

The local FD has been busy in my hood this week. About 30 minutes ago, sitting in my home-office with the window open, enjoying some fresh air, I heard that unique, unmistakable sound of two cars trying to occupy one space at the same time. BANG! Sure enough, there was a wreck on the busy four-lane road four doors down from my house. Not an uncommon event. I've seen some good ones -- well the aftermath, anyway. The single car wrecks are the most entertaining.There have been a few that leave me wanting to go up to the driver and ask, "How in the world did you manage to get your car to where it is currently sitting?"

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:05 am

CD I am hoping you don't see me on CNN or in the Enquirer either… I hope to be stealthier than that... :roll: ;)

Like posting it on the internet… I am also sure after my meeting with the Police Chief.. in anything happened to "what's his name" I would be the first one they looked at. :roll:

I have fantasized about how to deal with him though. :twisted:

In the last year or so.. my fitness .. strength is down. I guess I am ok on the bike, lacking the endurance to race 24 hours etc.. but otherwise not bad. My overall strength has been down… I am starting to get that back. I want my functional fitness back. I had started this fall.. with my sledge hammer workouts.. of course that set up is buried in the snow. I also haven't done an boxing workouts in a year or so. [that is outside also.]

I will need to set up new targets for the hawks.. [that is outside also]. I have looked at some "dummy" training for hand to hand type work with the hawks.
At the least this stuff will be a good alternative workout… functional strength.. hand to eye coordination.. flexibility and range of motion stuff.

I am hoping for a bike ride outside today. I am thinking about trying out that rail line trail. I would be doing it as an out and back. I am not sure whats in the tank so to speak..so that will be easier to deal with.. not knowing how far I should [and can] ride. I am also not sure what this snow will have done to conditions. Also because this trail doesn't have much.. if any.. ice. I can take my Ice Cream Truck. I have not ridden this bike in the snow yet. Most of the season we have needed studded tires.. and I have not been able to get any to fit this bike. It takes a 5" tire vs the 4" tired bike I have been riding.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby lrrowe » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Fenlason wrote:I have fantasized about how to deal with him though. :twisted:

In the last year or so.. my fitness .. strength is down. I guess I am ok on the bike, lacking the endurance to race 24 hours etc.. but otherwise not bad. My overall strength has been down… I am starting to get that back. I want my functional fitness back. I had started this fall.. with my sledge hammer workouts.. of course that set up is buried in the snow. I also haven't done an boxing workouts in a year or so. [that is outside also.]

Fantasizing...yes...have done much of that when it comes to bad neighbors.

Muscles declining.....might have to get used to that. I think I passed your age a while back and I am noticing that if I miss more then three days in my back strengthening therapy, that I loose much of what I had worked up to in muscle strength. It it will only get worse.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:03 pm

lrrowe wrote:
Fenlason wrote:I have fantasized about how to deal with him though. :twisted:

Fantasizing...yes...have done much of that when it comes to bad neighbors.

Muscles declining.....might have to get used to that. I think I passed your age a while back and I am noticing that if I miss more then three days in my back strengthening therapy, that I loose much of what I had worked up to in muscle strength. It it will only get worse.

I turned 60 this fall.
I am of course a bit less strong /fit than I was at 30. Although on the bike I am still beating a lot of people much younger than I. [half my age] In the last year or so.. I was busy enough with other stuff.. I did not put as much work keeping what I have in general fitness.. and I can and am changing that.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby lrrowe » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:23 pm

For sure I have you beat in age. But I admire your commitment to working out on the bike.
After my therapy sessions are over, I am going to go back to the therapy place on my dime and work out at least 2 if not 3 times a week. Have got to unless I want to favor a rocking chair.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:28 pm

lrrowe wrote:For sure I have you beat in age. But I admire your commitment to working out on the bike.
After my therapy sessions are over, I am going to go back to the therapy place on my dime and work out at least 2 if not 3 times a week. Have got to unless I want to favor a rocking chair.

yeah.. one needs to keep moving.. and stay active. My mom still goes to the gym.. and is still quite active… hiking.. biking.. motorcycle scuba diving etc.

I remember [a fairly recent memory] that as a child I "had" to watch Jack Lalanne. As a child.. I don't think I enjoyed watching it all that much.. but his advice seems to have kind of stuck. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:55 am

Well, I had my stress test yesterday. Had to wait about 1.5 hours to get started though. :roll: Anyway, will not know results until early next week they told me. I will of course be going back to see my doctor next week anyway. They wanted me to get my heart rate up to about 133 or higher, but after 10 minutes on the treadmill at 10 degrees and 2.7 mph, it only got up to 107, so they called it quits and took the sonogram pictures.

Going with my buddy Mark today to Bass Pro Shops and to a Field and Stream store, then maybe to the range for a while. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:29 am

Good morning.. we are at zero degrees this morning. We are supposed to be colder yet tomorrow.. the warming somewhat again.

Kerry is the 107.. a good thing or not?

A few years ago when I had a stress test.. my pulse didn't go high enough.. but they also didn't work me enough. hmm I guess it got what they thought was high enough.. but I was no exactly uncomfortable.. I didn't feel I was being all that stressed.. :roll: Perhaps it was enough to know what they needed to know.. :shrug:

Today will be mostly a housework day. I have been out most of the week.

I just tried to order some stuff from Dick's. They are not my usual go to place.. but they came up as a source for somethings I was going to order. I was going to order the other day.. and didn't. Today looking again.. they had a take $20.00 off any purchase over $100.00. I thought cool and I would order.. and it doesn't apply it. :thinking: :x

We have two funerals this weekend. :cry: One of Laurie's cousin's.. and the wife of a friend. Each of them cancer. Laurie's cousin was a long battle.. the other. 11 weeks after being diagnosed.. is gone.

My lack of strength is somewhat relative. I think at the moment I am still pretty darn good for my age. I am just down a bit from a year ago. At work I am still one of the more called upon, to do deliveries. We deliver heavy pieces of fitness equipment. {mostly treadmills and elliptical equipment} These are much heavier duty than the department store "stuff" and therefor much heavier. Most often they are 300 to 350 pounds.. but they are sometimes more.

It was a few years ago [4 to 5] when we were part of a trail running group. We had trainers from our police academy that would join us. They said my wife was faster then all their trainees and I was faster than her. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic