The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:13 am

Mill work all weekend...tired. Bruce, Laurie and I worked a full day Saturday. We got a nice banked turn made. It's 20 feet across and around 3 feet high. It took a bit of work. Bruce and I have never built one.. We had never even ridden on before. I had seen a few photos.. and Bruce did a little research.. but it took some time to figure out how to lay it out so that it flowed well. 4 hours into it, we did not have much build, and I wasn't sure how productive our day would be. We did get it built. It took some cranking to finish it up. Dave and Angela showed up mid afternoon.. and were pretty excited about it.

Bruce left for most of the week yesterday.. he will be back next weekend. We had more people yesterday, but I don't think we got as much done.. but we did make headway.

We did back off later in the day. We do ride stuff to check stuff out. Dave wants video to post..and we need to check to see if we need to make changes. Angela was real nervous about trying the banked turn.. but we talked her into it.. me spotting her.. and 3/4's off the way around she loved it.. saying it was a blast. :D

We did also check out more of the mill yesterday. Some of it is in rough shape.. beyond being repaired... which is sad. But it is huge.. 4-5 stories.. multiple wings.

Perhaps an easy today today. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:53 am

The Mill project sounds like a real blast. Should make for some great riding.

I am working on putting wheels on my shooting bench today. And of course I have my root canal later today!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:40 am

We have snow today. Nothing serious, just a pain in the butt. I had to go stay with my MIL this morning so my BIL could go to some appointments. Roads were nasty at 645 when I went out, but are now just wet. Although it is getting windy and a fews degrees colder now. Was 33 this morning, but now only 29 and windy.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:10 am

I hope the root canal went ok.

We had cold and grey yesterday..some snow late.. although not much of anything right here. I went to the shop to pay for my bike.. and Dave said the amount was wrong. He apparently got me an ambassador deal or something.. for it was a bit cheaper. Of course I had a check from Laurie.. so I needed to get another. Not that it mattered but Dave preferred I paid it Thursday or after.. to have it in next months sales. It didn't matter to me on that so yeah I will wait.

Yes I think the mill race will be a blast. We have a lot more we want to do. There is other stuff we would love to do.. but won't have time. We like "decorating" some of the old offices.. Like setting one up as a working office.. with someone in a suit.. sitting at a deck. My focus will be feature building. We should have other people that can work on that type of thing. Although we don't have any where near the help that said they would help. :roll:

I was hoping to head over today to do some work.. but I am not feeling all that great after last nights choking episode. I did not sleep much.. I was in a bit of pain and could not breathe all that well.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:19 am

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Had to get blood work done this morning and have an appointment this afternoon to make sure I am well enough for surgery next week.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:09 am

I am still feeling rather yucky. I did get about 5 hours of work in for the Mill race yesterday. Dick worked some.. Dave came in for a bit also. I did get a nice project done.. as well as some other little work.

Dick isn't doing that well. After he left.. Dave commented on it. He built 6 little ramps.. and I will need to fix them. He also made a door frame for plastic covered wall.. and it's not that tall for someone riding a bike. [The only reason the frame was made.. is so we can bike through] :roll:

I am hoping he's not there today, so I can fix the ramps.

Laurie and Angela.. will be there is afternoon.. Dave later also. Our Specialized rep is supposed to be stopping in to see what we are doing. They are a partial sponsor.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:29 pm

I spent most of the day at the mill... mostly just puttering today. No Dick today. I did sort of fix his ramps.. they might be solid enough now.. They aren't pretty but will maybe work. I need to screw one to the floor.. to better test if it's strong enough. {it might need some other bracing} Dave wanted a "containment wall" on part of the berm.. I did start on that. I did add more bracing to that. I looked at other possible banked turns [smaller] We are at a point now.. we have to prioritize.. while keeping track of what we have for lumber.

Dave came and went a few times.. checking in on me. We came back about mid afternoon for the rest of the day. Our Specialized Rep stopping in to check it out. He seemed rather impressed. Angela stopped by but could not stay too long. She did remind me we don't have a teeter totter yet.

Tomorrow and Sunday should be big days for getting stuff done. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:58 am

Another full day at the mill yesterday. Laurie and I there first.. then Bruce. Dave had something to do at the shop first thing,but then joined us.. Angela.. in the afternoon.. and we had two others show up for a bit.. Jim.. even brought us lunch. :D

We made good progress on things.

We went to Dave and Angela's last night for dinner.. and worked on a list of stuff yet to do. We will be back at it today.. hoping to get a lot done today.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:45 pm

We got about an inch of snow today and then it turned to sleet/freezing rain and is supposed to turn to all rain before ending. Should be sunny tomorrow. I have a bunch of errands to run tomorrow too.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:56 pm

We had snow this morning also [perhaps an inch] and rain now.. [no freezing stuff though] :D

We worked at the Mill all day today also. 6 of us a good part of the day. We got a lot of stuff crosses off that list we made last night. We did make 3 other features today. They were of course much smaller in scale than the big berm we built. We did a lot of little detail stuff.. Bruce brought some Longer screws to support part of that berm. Put some racking braces on some of Dicks creations... making sure other features are secure.. padding here and there. We still have other detail stuff like that to do. We will have a bit to do next weekend.. but there are areas of the mill that other groups use on a regular basis.. so we can't work on it until then. We were going to do some "decorating" in some of the offices.. but I guess that's not happening...there are a lot of people that are not following through on what they said they were going to do. :roll:

Tomorrow we are taking a day off. Angela and Laurie go back to work.. Dave has stuff he needs to do. I NEED a day off... I just need a break from it.. and I need to do some housework etc.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:41 pm

tomorrow is the big day. I have to be there by 0930 and hope to be home by mid afternoon. :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:40 pm

Good luck tomorrow.

A rest day today.. sort of.. I caught up on Laundry and some other house work.

Back to the mill tomorrow.. for more race prep. Dave, Bruce and I will be working.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:01 pm

All done and home for about an hour now. Not feeliing too bad except for feeling really exhausted.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:53 pm

toypusher wrote:All done and home for about an hour now. Not feeliing too bad except for feeling really exhausted.

:thumbsup: We worked at the mill all day today. We don't need to go back until the day before the race [at noon time]

We have a decent sized storm coming tomorrow.. they are currently saying 9 to 14" here.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:30 am

I a bleeding issue last night for about 3 or 4 hours, but we got it stopped and it was good overnight, but is bleeding again a small amount now.

Yeah we have gotten mostly frozen mix here so far and it is supposed to warm up and be all rain before it is done this afternoon.
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic