The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby PaulC » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:47 pm

toypusher wrote:
PaulC wrote:
Fenlason wrote:
PaulC wrote:Okay, what's going on here! Eleven days since the last post! That is unheard of for this thread. Maybe a little "down under" provocation is required :lol:

Cheers
Paul

Hey Paul... :D
:lips: I hope you are well.

It might take a little more to kick start us this time. I think it's been over 2 weeks since Kerry has been here.... I don't know if we have lurkers or not... but it feels pretty weird.. writing alone... :roll:

All good Glenn,

I guess all campfires go out eventually :(

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

Not out - down to embers maybe, but not out yet.

Hey Paul, nice to see ya!

Have not been feeling very social lately. Have not been on my computer in a while, just use my phone to check FB now and then.
Work has not been much fun the last couple weeks and yesterday was no exception. This week is very hot and miserable - especially for this time of year. Should be a cold front moving through tomorrow night and that should help. It was 91 yesterday and should only be 68 on Saturday.

Hi Kerry,
I haven't been feeling sociable for years, now :lol:
We have just experienced our warmest winter on record, below average rain as well. It's not looking good for the farmers crops at this point in time.

The wife and I are heading down to Port Lincoln(250miles) to baby sit our three year old granddaughter today. Should be an interesting few days.

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:55 am

Enjoy that grand daughter Paul!

Today is supposed to be a transitional day weather wise. It is less hot.. and our humidity is supposed to be dropping. By tomorrow our Hi temps will be lower than our recent lows have been.

I was in a rather weird place this morning. I have been watching the Ken Burns PBS special on the Vietnam war. It has been good.. educational.. powerful.. difficult.. and is stirring up some stuff.

I am also having some problems with my nerves.. I am having a worsening problem with my limbs going numb.. I did call the neurosurgeon.. to check in with them.

It all left me not feeling like doing much. Often heading for the woods to work helps.. I did go out for a bit, but had a hard time getting into it.

I did do a little work on the barn. It's now past lunch.. and I am awaiting a call back from the Dr. so I might just hang out... :roll:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Still hot and humid today. But, this should be the last of the hot and humid. High of low 70s tomorrow and for the next week at least (60s and 70s) and way less humidity.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:51 am

I guess I was incorrect on our weather.. we are still at over 70 degrees this morning... :o They say a front will come through today, and cool us down.

I heard back from the Doctors yesterday, they suggested I back off on the activity for a bit. I did work on the barn a little yesterday afternoon. I will do the same today. I really should look at some mowing also.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:45 am

Yeah a cool front came through last night and it is about 65 this morning, but still cooling a bit. Should have high in mid 70s today and way less humidity. Should also be sunny and bright.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:12 pm

We had a much cooler day today.. We just got home at about 9:30 pm [dinner at Dave and Angela's] It was 42 degrees driving home.. and I suspect it will be a lot colder by morning.

I puttered a little more on the barn today. I put down a floor in the new little addition.. added more shelves, and got a few more siding boards put up.

I am residing an older addition to the front. It was done with regular boards, with no shiplap or battens.. I could have stained it and just added battens, but everything else is either metal, or new shiplap. So I am just recovering the boards with a new layer of shiplap.

Laurie got out at noon time today, and Angela works half days on Fridays... so we got out for a ride.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:56 am

It clouded over last night.. so it did not cool off much more. It is still mostly cloudy, but it is supposed to brighten up.. although be breezy. It will look and feel more like autumn today.

We each need to take it semi easy so I am not sure what's up for this weekend. We have dinner out tonight with our munchie group.

Perhaps some trail work. We have a few odds and ends of little places that need some raking.. and other earth work. There is barn work to do. I still need to build ramps for that other floor I put in, as well as a little earth work for that.

We have another trail bridge to build. This will be one that we re-use that staging lumber. I need to be getting stuff like that cleaned up, for upcoming snow.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:18 am

We were cooler yesterday and for sure today. Yesterday only got to about 70 and today may not reach that. But, Mark is coming over today and we are going to spray paint a small building out back of my house. Then have to put all new screening on it all the way around. It is like a screened in porch - only it is detached.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:39 pm

We started with temps in the upper 30's..but it warmed fairly well.... I never checked the temp. We puttered in the barn..to start with..mostly picking up and organizing. I did start cleaning up the porch.. vacuuming and such.. then I "realized" I can do this by myself during the week.
My nerves did get worse driving last night.. although otherwise we had a good time. While vacuuming my right foot got numb.. I had no pain or discomfort... to "warn" me.

I decided to head to the woods.. we had some roots to clip with the loppers..and some stumps to take out with the sawsall. I was going to rake a new steep downhill.. but I was having a hard time walking.. and while the raking didn't hurt.. I thought it might be best to avoid it right now. We did measure for that next bridge while out there.

I decided to quit.. we came to a message from Dave an Angela about riding.. I wasn't sure it was in my best interest, but figured they would soon tell me to do nothing for a bit..I went for it.

I didn't feel all that great to start with..but got better, and it was nice to get out.

I have PT early in the morning.. then??
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby PaulC » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:27 am

I would like to report that we survived our five day babysitting adventure. We are back home, tired but happy.

For some reason you tend to forget just how active three year olds can be :oops:

Cheers
PaulC :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Fenlason » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:24 pm

PaulC wrote:I would like to report that we survived our five day babysitting adventure. We are back home, tired but happy.

For some reason you tend to forget just how active three year olds can be :oops:

Cheers
PaulC :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:35 pm

PT this morning was fine... except The therapist has no idea about why my feet are going numb. :o I am not sure if that speaks about him, or about my problem.. either is not all that comforting. :NC

I headed to the shop for a bit. We had some studded fat bike tires in.. that have been hard to get. I wanted some 5" tires vs the 4's that I have. I tried all last year and could not get them. Anyways we got a bunch in.. and I wanted to grab a pair while we had them. I did hang out there a bit.. somewhat so I would not be tempted to do some work here.

I do have a call into the surgeon.. the first person I had to talk to.. didn't answer.. but I have a message in.

I had hoped to ride tonight.. but unless I hear otherwise from the Dr. I will skip it. :(
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:19 am

Hey, Paul. Glad to hear you survived! :lol:

Man, it has been dry here - today is 20 days without a drop of rain. We have been skipping yards left and right because they just are not growing with any rain. Had a flat on our trailer yesterday and so now we have to play catch up today. Did 5 yards yesterday and we have to do 12 yards today including 3 that take over an hour each.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:37 am

We have been quite dry also. I think we do have some rain coming this weekend.

I did hear back from the Doctor's office yesterday. My weird nerve stuff is "normal" it's what they do after what they have been through. I was originally given incorrect instructions last week.. when I was told to cut back on activity. [He is new] :NC

The Lady I talked with said she was sorry it wasn't better news. Having to deal with all the weird nerve stuff isn't great [and it could take a year!!] Knowing there is nothing really wrong, and I can resume my activity is good news!!

I have been slowly working on the barn.. and doing some trail work.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:46 am

Average temp this time of year should be about 69 or so. Today should hit 86 or 87 and be humid. Whew, I think I am ready for fall sometime soon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Glenn!!! Hope you have a fantastic day! :D
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic