The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Kerry.. that stinks on the snow.. I hope they are wrong.. in the other direction of your snow of today.

They have upped our forecast a little from yesterday. Our area is kind of in between the areas.. of a 1" to 4".. and 3" to 7".

I am working out in my instant garage today.. working on the other wall. I picked up some sheathing this morning. I did find some other tools in part of the barn that could also go out on this wall.
Last edited by Fenlason on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:21 pm

It is still snowing and we have at least 10 or 12 inches on the ground now. Supposed to start tapering off by about 6 and be out of here between 10 and midnight.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:38 am

They are saying the storm is a little more off shore.. than they first forecasted :banana: They are currently saying less than inch for our area. More downeast of here.. around 4"

I plan to work in my instant garage some more today.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:20 am

Well we got 15 inches for a total. Some places around here got more. It was really light about 6 last night, so we went to the MILs and did a clean up. I took Judy to work this morning and stopped by the MILs again and cleaned out the driveway from the plow going through. I have an inch or two that I want to clean off the driveway this morning also. 4-wheeler would not start earlier, but I have the trickle charger on it and looks like it should run in a bit.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:42 pm

I hope you got your 4 wheeler started.

It snowed here.. but nothing really accumulated.. right here anyways. :dancing It was coldish.. quite grey.. and quite windy.. but no apprecialbe snow.. :)

I got work done in the instant garage.. I got that wall sheathed. It was a little bit of work for I had things froze to the ground.. that were in the way. Boiling water.. and a little work took care of it enough. I do want to put a shelf on the ground.. but I do need things less frozen for that. [Although next week is supposed to warm up some.. 50 Tuesday]

I did a pretty heavy weight workout on the legs this afternoon, followed by a little inside ride. Then dinner out with family [for our anniversary].
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:47 am

Just low battery on the 4-wheeler. I got it going and finished cleanup here. Lots of sunshine Thursday and Friday has cut the accumulation to less than half of what it was at the end of the storm. Most of it should be gone in a couple more days. Glad to here it skipped you guys. We are to have temps in the 40s for highs and then 50s for a couple days next Thursday and might even hit 60 next Friday. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:50 pm

We were rather cool this weekend, but are supposed to warm back up next week. I / we puttered in the instant garage, and barn this weekend. It was pretty low key.. but we made progress. That other wall got filled up pretty easily. We got a decent sized ground level shelf put in. {it's actually a few inches off the ground. There are some bulky items on that wall. A snowscoop, a hand truck /dolly.. my pallet forks.. 3 pair of saw horses. I also currently have my trail groomer drag, on another shelf over part of the pallet forks.

I did attempt to do some trail work this morning. Laurie had mentioned we had a bridge down :( .. and two bigger trees. So I headed out.. I checked out the bridge. In all the snow.. I can't tell if one end was undermined.. or what. The first tree.. Laurie mentioned that it was buried in the snow.. so that one will have to wait... and the other one would be a bit of a walk too... so I decided to wait until the snow is gone.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:48 am

It has been sunny the last few days, but today it is to reach 50 degrees and highs are to be in the 50s the whole week ahead. Although might get some rain most everyday starting tomorrow night. Going to Cabelas tomorrow with Mark and hope they have some good sale stuff. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:06 pm

We had sun today.. and it got to the mid 30's.. not super warm.. but not bad. Although it was cold when I went out to work this morning.. it was in the mid teens.. I headed out without gloves.. and was wondering why my hands hurt.. :roll:

I got more work done this morning.. then after lunch I headed out for a bike ride then a 2 hour weight workout. I am starting to get some strength back.. which feels good. :)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:21 pm

Hello threadies. Just thought I'd drop in and let you know that I am still alive. I still have health "challenges," but when I'm not in the hospital, I actually feel pretty darned good.

It is 84 and sunny today. I have my yard and gardens ready for summer. My perennial herbs look good, and the annual peppers and herbs are planted.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Hey CD.. sorry to hear about your health challenges.. I am not sure you have said anything about this before? :thinking:

We are far from gardens here... :cry: Although it is still March.. February was a little too spring like.. and March has been payback... :cry:

:D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:32 am

CD, sorry to hear about your health challenges and hope you find better health as soon as possible.

Gloomy weather here, although warmer. We are cloudy with rain showers around off an on and the highs in the 50s and maybe even 60 or so tomorrow. Had nice day going to Cabella's. Great to see Mark and the ride was nice for the most part. Lots of looking but only purchased some pepper spray for my wife (to use that is). Not much going on today, I have not been sleeping well and have a headache today. Just gonna do some laundry and some cleaning today I'm thinking. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:27 am

We were warm yesterday [low 50's] we were quite cloudy to start with but cleared fairly nice. I helped Dave finish moving out of the shop. The biggie was his skate sharpener. [800 pounds].. he had some other shelving "stuff" upstairs. I ended up getting most of that.

All the new bikes he is getting are new and unassembled. He just got in 6 S-Works Tarmacs.. he got them unboxed.. just to get rid of the cardboard. I will help him next week to start getting them together. He left this morning for Georgia.. where he will get more training. He should also find out more about Laurie and I working for them.

I did work a little bit on the instant garage yesterday. I plan to do more of that today.. along with some house work.. maybe a workout.. and hopefully a bike ride later with Laurie.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:03 am

Been rainy and dreary here for a few days, but today is bright and sunny. Might get some rain early tomorrow morning, the supposed to be sunny and breezy. But, also going to get snow overnight Sunday into Monday morning. Maybe as much as 5 inches. Sure glad it is spring! :lol:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:57 pm

Yesterday morning we did a little trail work.. we had a couple of down tree snags that Laurie had come across snowshoeing.. so we got what we could of that cleaned up. Dave had messaged us from Georgia.. that there was something going on at the mill and Ray asked for some help. We were told 1:00- 4:00.. and come to find out we were only needed from 2:30 to 3:30... oh well... Angela was also there with us. We went for a little bike ride from Angela's afterward.. and stayed for supper.

Dave got home about 2:00 this morning... and we were back over for Easter.

We don't know a lot about working with Dave yet. His supervisors see the need, but need to work out some details. His first big event is in a few weeks.. others are in "charge" of this one.. so he is there to just help.. and learn.. and it does not look like us.. or his family will be with him on this one. I am going to help him on some bikes tomorrow... I am not getting direct compensation for this... but he does take care of us. He gave me a slightly used pair of mountain bike shoes today. Some he had.. that don't fit him well.. and they just gave him a new pair. They are a $400.00 dollar pair of shoes... and they fit me great.

He told Laurie today.. that he just ordered her new bike. It's a demo.. that she will be able to use [exactly how much I don't know yet] he already has mine. These are road bikes [the mountain bikes will be later] These are $11,000 dollar bikes!!! The down side to using them.. is getting used to something that nice. :roll: Of course the end of each year.. all these bikes will be for sale... and they would be a great deal.. but a great deal on an $11,000 dollar bike.. will still be a bit. Of course is we get new demo's the next year.. why buy? Of course there are a lot of variables there. :thinking:

So it's all a little at a time.. step by step as we learn it all.

He has some phone meetings tomorrow.. around lunch time.. so I suspect I will just work with him in the morning... so I can do some work here after.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic