The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Nobody » Thu May 04, 2017 2:05 pm

Yeah we were supposed to have rain showers yesterday. Started fairly heavy T'storms before noon & lasted the rest of the day. High temp was mid-60s. The weatherman on TV talked about the rain doing a 'wrap-around' effect & starting again today. It started this morning around 7 & rained most of the morning. High temp today is supposed to be 51 or so.

Had to take one of my 'new' hearing aids to the VA in North Little Rock this morning (it quit working Sunday) to have the lady 'trouble shoot' it. Don't think there was much wrong, clogged tip on one of the tiny speakers. She showed me how to fix it if it happens again. Don't really like 'em (they, like all hearing aids, only seem to amplify the harsher sounds) but I guess they're better'n nuthin'... :NC I think I've said it before, gettin' old is no fun but it beats the alternative.
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Thu May 04, 2017 7:48 pm

:( Yes Harvey.. I fully agree with that. Getting old not fun.. but it surely beats the alternative.... :)

Zzzz long day here.. awake at 3:00... a busy day at work.. then a meeting tonight. It was mostly family.. our cemetery association board meeting.

I am soooooo tired right now.. but also don't want to go to bed too early.

We had a gorgeous day weather wise.. the first in weeks... but we are back into the wet stuff again tomorrow. 2" to 4" expected tomorrow. I hope I have some time tomorrow to work something outside.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Fri May 05, 2017 7:51 am

58 degrees and rain, rain, and more rain. Might get a bit of clearing this afternoon, but still gonna be a nasty day all day today. :(
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri May 05, 2017 6:59 pm

We got up to around 50 today, and our rain held off to about 4:00. [It did sprinkle some before that]

I got some work on my addition. I had 2 boards left to put up on the east end wall. I also got most of the other side boarded in. I think I have 2 more for the west side. I got the rest of the door trim installed on the east side. Staining the edges.. the ends.. and parts of the back.. takes time... some of them I let semi dry.. but some went up pretty wet.

I did a little more plaster work done. I did head out for a little bit of a mountain bike ride. The trails.. and least most of them [of the ones I rode] were pretty dry. There are places that are not just wet.. but are underwater.

Anyways.. I got about an hours ride in.. just putting around. It is supposed to be pretty wet tonight.. and into tomorrow.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat May 06, 2017 5:51 pm

Another grey rainy day. I am not sure how much it rained during the night.. but during the daylight hours.. it stayed pretty light.

We mostly worked on the barn addition. I have both end walls boarded in.. and trim around the doorways. For a change of pace.. we did some pruning.. on a trail. One that heads south on the lawn.. We have some 10-15 foot tall pines.. that the branches have closed in our our path. We did continue further down it.. picking up downed branches and some more pruning.

Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be a little better.. there is a group ride we might do. Then I am not sure.. if trail work.. or start on some door building. :thinking:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Sun May 07, 2017 4:56 pm

Hello folks!

I'm still alive. I've just been distracted.

Weather here is good. Economic conditions are good -- realtors are still calling me asking if I want to sell my house for a ridiculous price. I did have a bit of a "spat" with my best customer. He had an issue with one of my decisions, but I stayed calm and explained how "reality" works, and he calmed down and saw things my way. Customers want what they want, but sometimes reality gets in the way. Ah, the benefits of self employment are never-ending.

Harvey, my parents are both in their mid 80s, and both have hearing aids. Their conversations with each other can sometimes be rather entertaining. They are both mentally sharp, but neither one talks loud, so they only hear half of what each one says. My mom will talk to my dad, who is in the next room, and I will tell her, "You know he didn't hear that, right?"

So, that's what's happening at the doghouse. I'll try to check in more often.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Sun May 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Hey CD... I know some time ago.. you mentioned you have a bit of travel for work coming up. I am glad to hear things are well.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun May 07, 2017 6:12 pm

Today started grey and wet. Our group ride started the same way, although while out there.. it cleared up a bit.... it was sunny and WINDY. We had a nice ride.. the wind was tough.. and Laurie and I ended up fairly tired.

Because of the ride.. we didn't get lunch until maybe 2:00 or so.. we did get out for a little work. We got 2 doors framed up. I was pretty tired.. and decided to quite there. We did run to the hardware store. I had noticed a screw missing in my Kreg Jig.. and picked up hinges and a couple Whitcomb latches.

I don't thing I have enough boards left, to board up both doors.. so I will head to the lumber yard in the morning. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon May 08, 2017 5:47 am

After a really dreary weekend, it is sunny and cool today. 38 degrees now but should hit low 60s today. Finally need to get out and mow, trim, and spray weeds today. Not working today so should be able to get some things done and then plan on going to the range this evening with Mark.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon May 08, 2017 7:38 am

We are 3 plus weeks in rainy dreary weather... this week is forecasted to be the same.. and they are hinting at next... :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's getting depressing as he..ck.

It affects our biking... trail work.. just the lack of sun... affects mood.. It is also hard to work outside, on any of my projects. I have been trying.. and making some headway... but it sure slows things down.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby lrrowe » Mon May 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Fenlason wrote:We are 3 plus weeks in rainy dreary weather... this week is forecasted to be the same.. and they are hinting at next... :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's getting depressing as he..ck.

It affects our biking... trail work.. just the lack of sun... affects mood.. It is also hard to work outside, on any of my projects. I have been trying.. and making some headway... but it sure slows things down.

Oh, am I with you on this. I believe I suffer from Sunshine Deficiency...SDS???
Here in the Mid-Atlantic States, we just came off a similiar weather pattern....no sun, cool and plenty of flood warnings.

But it is great when the sun finally comes back.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Mon May 08, 2017 6:06 pm

yeah.. just the little sun we had yesterday afternoon was great...

They said perhaps some views of sun this afternoon.. and all it did was rain harder... :cry: We have no end of this in sight yet. :?

I did get two doors build.. and Laurie helped me install one when she got home from work.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue May 09, 2017 7:47 pm

ZZZZZZ I woke at 2:33 am for the day. :(

When I came upstairs for that first cup of coffee :coffee: It was mostly clear out. :o 8)

We lasted for a few hours.. then it got mostly cloudy.. although it was still only mostly.. It was quite cloudy.. but there were peeks of blue here and there. Driving to tonights ride I got a few drops of rain on the windshield.. and I thought Darn!!!! But that was it.. we did have more blue sky..and lesser clouds again. The drive home was gorgeous.. with an incredible full moon and some neat clouds. :)

The ride was good.. although I didn't feel all that zippy. We had Greg and Judy on the tandem.. so I thought I would take it easy behind them... not that that is real easy. Part way through the ride.. Bob was getting pretty tired.. and slowing down... so Laurie was staying back helping him.. and then on a very rough downhill she got behind. I dropped back to her... and by the time we came out to the next good road.. the front guys were out of sight. [and you can see quite a ways in the area. The tandem.. with Bob drafting were up the road a bit.. at least they were visible.. so the first task was to chase the down.. without dropping Laurie. It might have taken a couple of miles to do that.. I "dropped" Laurie off with them.. and went chasing the 3 guys off the front. As I got closer.. I saw that they has split.. 2 together at the front.. then one in-between. I got the first.. he tucked in behind me.. then I chased the others... I could see they were in reach..and put a little more power down... I wanted to pass them strongly also. In the process I dropped Jamie.... the one I have previously caught. I wanted to go by the others real fast.. but I didn't know what they had.. and I ... not feeling all that zippy... was afraid I would blow up... so it was a moderate pass.. and they were able to hook on. I pulled for a while... they each took a little pull.. then I pulled them the rest of the way back "home".

I just finished supper.. and am starting to fade FAST.

I am hoping for non rainy day tomorrow... I would like to get more done on my addition. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed May 10, 2017 5:30 am

It was sunny, breezy and mid 60s yesterday and should be the same today, except a few degrees warmer. My helper at work faded out on me after 5 hours yesterday and I had to finish the day by myself and did not get everything done. That means a lot more work for today and I doubt that my helper will last the day today either. :roll:

Not been sleeping well lately either.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed May 10, 2017 6:40 am

I thankfully slept better last night... not that that will take the fatigue away... but it's a help. :D

Today.. cold.. grey.. showery.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

They are saying maybe some breaks in the weather today... but they said that about Monday. Yesterday was better than they said.. but I was at work :cry: at least we got our ride in last night without rain.

I will try to work on my addition today.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic