The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:05 am

I did go to the party yesterday and had a good time. [it's sometime hard for this introvert]

We are pretty grey again today.. with tempt just below to just above freezing.

We have a rain snow mix coming for tomorrow.. and maybe into Wednesday? I think it is supposed to hit tonight. This in-between stuff is sort of crappy.. give us winter… or not.

So far I am just doing some housework.. I might do a ride shortly. There isn't a lot I can do on my porches now until spring. I still have some plastering I can do.. so I guess I will start thinking about that project.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:32 am

Good morning. Our weather mix has started. We have rain, snow, and sleet falling right now. Hopefully we will avoid any freezing rain. :worship:

I didn't do much but house work yesterday. I did go pick up some batteries. I had 2 clocks and a timer in the gym that had stopped. I did get a bit of riding in. Some of my longer days I ride in the morning, then later in the afternoon. This time I rode it all at once later in the afternoon. I did a long ride, getting done just as Laurie had gotten home to ride. I then rode with her, and did another on my own.

Each ride had video and was quite scenic. The first in Norway, on an Island off the coast. The road was in good shape but was narrow. I don't think 2 cars could fit all that easy. This was an out and back,and was around 38 miles. Knowing I was just going to put some miles in, I started fairly easy. I did semi crank some on the way back, doing it a little over 3 minutes faster than my heading out time. While there were plenty of ups and downs The start and finish were only 30 something feet lower in elevation than the turn around.

Then off to the Netherlands .. and then a quick little downhill in rural England.. just south of Liverpool. I ended up getting a little over 60 miles in.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:14 pm

It was a very pleasant 76 today. I took psycho-poodle for a good walk, and did some yard work. I chased PP around the with the leaf blower. He likes that. I also sat on the patio for a few hours, had a few drinks, and relaxed. PP found a cricket... and ate it. Gross. He loves crickets and Junebugs. I just wish he wouldn't eat them in front of me.

The rest of the week is forecast in the 50s, with lows in the 30s. Clear, but breezy.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:16 am

Finally we are supposed to have a mostly sunny day today with highs of 50 or a bit more. Mark is coming over today and we are going shooting. Should be a lot of fun. Thought we were going to have some excitement last night - for a while at least. Or landlord's business is across the street and his alarm went off several times, but he checked it out and there did not seem to be any problem, just false alarm.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:50 am

Later yesterday.. they said our weather was going to change to freezing rain.. 3/4's of an inch.. with wind. :o That would not have been good. THANKFULLY that did not happen. It stayed either sleet.. or rain. It did leave the driveway an interesting mess… but I will deal with that.

I was up early to clear the driveway so Laurie could get to work. She didn't make it in the driveway last night… I did try and after a couple attempts making tracks I made it in. she was thinking she could use the same tracks to get out. While dressed and out.. we decided I would try driving her car out.. and I did make it. So I will work on the driveway once it's light out.

I did do a ride yesterday morning.. it was a sight seeing ride around Vienna.. it was quite interesting. I started taking it easy.. and should have kept it that way. There were some people ahead of me.. and I was slowly reeling them in.. so I worked harder to make that happen… one after another I caught people. The faster speed made the sightseeing a little hard.

Laurie and I did do a good weight workout last night. So between all the riding and the weight workout.. I am SORE and tired. So I should take the day off. [I should have biked much easier yesterday] :NC Perhaps a sauna later would be good.

I suspect most of my day will be spent on snow clean up.

No sun here yet… :cry:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:58 pm

I didn't spend that much time doing clean up. I shoveled the steps.. in front of one of my barn doors, and blew the major part of the driveway. Our "snow" was 4" to 5" of very fine sleet.. packed quite tightly.. and then rained on… it is weird stuff. The part I snow blowed wasn't that bad to do.. Other parts are settling more.. and I will just let it freeze as it is.

I have had the sauna on and heating. I will do a short EASY ride.. the take my sauna.

It doesn't sound like we are to expect sun.. for another week anyways…. :cry:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:40 pm

:x :x

Laurie is being harassed. She walks during her breaks at work. She does a walk in the morning.. and another in the afternoon. Several years ago one of the houses had new people move in. They have dogs.. out of control dogs.. and they kept running out at Laurie.. eventually she got bit by one of them. She called the police about that.. and things have been mostly good.

Then late last week… they are running out at her.. the owner comes out and hollers at them.. and grabs some of them.. He is screaming and yelling.. and cursing.. at first Laurie things he is screaming at the dogs.. but then she realizes he is screaming at her. She did not look at him, or engage him in any way.

After several people suggest she call the police.. she did and they say if anything else happens to call. That afternoon.. he was at it again.. even threatening her with his vehicle. She calls the police again. The officer said they know him.. and even has his cell number.. He was going to call him and tell him if he even speaks to her.. he will be cited.

So far up to this point… I have been extremely patient and let her..and the police handle it.

Well everything was ok for a few days.. then again today.. he is out screaming at her. :x

I got a call from the police.. I hear it on the machine.. he is calling about an incident… which let me thinking something had happened to her. The connection wasn't great but he was looking to talk to her.. so I figure she is ok.

I drive to her work to see her… she said this police officer said to her "what do you want me to do"? :x Her boss suggested she call the chief.. I seconded it.. she was going to call tomorrow… I insisted NOW. For I was in the mood to take a baseball bat to him…

We was just leaving for a meeting… but we have a meeting with him tomorrow.

I am still @%$#^&($ steaming.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby lrrowe » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:25 pm

That sucks and I understand your anger.
How about a video and/witness and then get a restraining order? This is one way that is legal.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:45 pm

lrrowe wrote:That sucks and I understand your anger.
How about a video and/witness and then get a restraining order? This is one way that is legal.

We did visit a friend that suggested the video.. just because he might not like getting videoed. This friend used to be a police officer. He told us a restraining order is a pain to do.. time and such.. and they are often worthless.. and the big thing in our case. This person does not know who my wife is.. where she works or where we live and if we do a restraining order.. he gets all that info... so a restraining order isn't high on our list at the moment.

My cousin used to be the chief in town.. but he moved away.. he might have been more help.
We will meet with the current chief tomorrow. I also have other friends.. 2 that are retired state police.. one was "shooter" of our tactical team.. the other very high up in the state police [#2]

Earlier.. I just wanted to bust both his knee caps.. no words.. just bash on the door.. and when he answers..smash smash

Our first friend suggested she walk else ware.. and that might be our option. Laurie hates being driven away by this scum bucket. The other road won't be any where near as safe [traffic wise] she has other people.. and a dog that she talked to on her current loop.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby lrrowe » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:55 pm

That makes sense and it is a miserable shame that the victim must worry about these consequences.
I wish you both the best as you try and cope with this.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:00 pm

lrrowe wrote:That makes sense and it is a miserable shame that the victim must worry about these consequences.
I wish you both the best as you try and cope with this.

Thank you.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:19 am

WOW Glenn, that sucks. Wish I could think of something to help, but seems you already have most all the options. Hope you can get it resolved.

Not much going on here. Getting some rain showers this morning early then another mostly cloudy day and turning windy again.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:33 am

Thanks Kerry

It was not a great night of sleep… I alternate from being ok.. to being pretty steamed… before anything, our meeting with the Chief this morning.

Our friend Gary that we talked to yesterday suggested Laurie carry mace [as a good idea anyways.] Another has suggested a tazer.. I asked Gary if his wife carried a hand gun.. he said no… [but he did not suggest we didn't.]

I will talk to our other police friends about the gun thing. As I said they are both retired [one just recently] they both still carry.. I don't know if their wives do.

Laurie did grow up with guns.. and did shoot.. so I don't think she would be freaked about that.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Think long and hard before carrying a gun. Once you pull it out, you have to be 100-percent committed to pulling the trigger. You can't count on the sight of a gun to scare an unreasonable person away.

Pepper spray is a lot easier to commit to using.

Just a thought.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Sunny, but cold today. I didn't go out much.

I met some cousins for real Texas BBQ this weekend, and the place had this really awesome potato salad. So, last night, I set out to replicate it. I got really close. After sitting in the fridge overnight, it was even closer... and better. I think they used some brisket drippings in theres, because it had a subtle smokiness to it. I didn't have any drippings, but overall, the flavor was right. It is a spicy tater salad. Cayenne pepper kind of spice, so it sneaks up on you.

Did I mention it has half a pound of bacon in it? :D

CD

Attachments
TaterSalad.jpg
TaterSalad.jpg (152.24 KiB) Viewed 469 times
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic