The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby toypusher » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Sorry to hear about Angela. Hope she heals quickly and correctly. Worked a couple hours today on edging some planting beds, but after 1.5 inches of rain last night, it was a bit soggy.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:46 am

Angela has an appointment here with an orthopedic. Over the phone they were surprised it was placed in a cast. We are all anxious to see what this appointment will bring. Interestingly we had someone on our ride Monday.. that did the same injury [10 days prior] For him it was his right hand... He moved his shift lever.. moving from the right to the left.. and turning upside down so it works. That by itself has to keep thing interesting. He wasn't wrapping his "bad" thumb around the bar.. so I don't know how he was able to hand on. :o

I worked around here Monday.. then we had a good ride. I am finally noticing some improvement in my fitness. Still far from where I was.. but I am at least moving in the right direction. More easy work yesterday.... then a hard road ride. We had no faster riders this week.. and the slower were really a bit too slow for what I wanted to do. At least with just Laurie and I.. I could ride the pace I wanted. The ride was supposed to be be 28 miles... I rode the first 21 fairly fast... I then decided to turn back to the slower ones.. that would give a little more milage.. and I could ride easy from there. Once regrouped.. it was still too slow. I rode with them a bit.. but then went alone.

I am not burning fat as well as when I was fitter.. Riding close to two hours... with no fuel.. left me feeling pretty spend.

I have ridden hard Saturday, Monday and Tuesday... just tired from the weekend.. finds me pretty trashed today.

I have been mowing lawns.. It's something semi easy and mindless I can do.. so I am sort of taking it easy... and still getting something done. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:16 am

Been kinda a long week. Had rain Wed morning and had to play catchup since then, but we got it all done yesterday.

Really going to be a long day today. We will be saying a final good bye to my mother in law.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:10 am

I hope today goes ok. :worship:

We have not had much for rain. Thursday there were showers passing through.. just north.. and just south of us got some.. we got just a few sprinkles but not enough to even get the ground wet.

We did have our beginners ride Thursday.. we got one beginner.. and 3 other non-beginners. I spent most of the day mowing.. some lawn.. and the rest trails.

Yesterday I puttered here. Laurie had the afternoon off and we went to my mom's to clean up a big pine that had some down. We then went to ride a race course. The local mountain bike club is putting on a race.. and I am generally the final rider to check the markings of the course. It helps having fresh eyes that don't know the course. The first half was marked pretty good.. the second half.... not so.

This morning some outside plastering. This afternoon Angela is supposed to be coming over. Dave is gone for work again.. and she wants to try riding..we may end up hiking... and or... :thinking:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Angela chose a hike.. Sunday. She's been using her hand/ arm too much, I am surprised she was even thinking about riding.

Yesterday our weather was questionable. We did have some showers pass through at ride time.. and it did rain more last night, but today is clear and gorgeous.. breezy with cooler dryer way being blown in.

Yesterday was a lot of odds and ends of little projects. This morning another batch of plaster.

We leave Thursday for VT. We are working with Dave. Dave will be there already.. and we are driving Angela [and kids?] Because of that we are not bringing our bikes.. which feels weird... but if Angela can't ride.. We might not want to, or get the chance to. We are officially working for Specialized for this one... it's just credit for stuff.. that is is more than ok. Laurie and I [combined] might earn half of what I made at work all last season. [it was a short season last year.. but still] :)

It's a big mountain bike festival.. and we should be quite busy. We thought there were going to be a lot of other specialized people there.. but the only other one is Dave's boss. I don't know if the lack.. is because we are going?
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:33 am

Been a while. :thinking:

Funeral went well, as well as they can I guess.

Having some serious trouble with my back again and going to neurosurgeon tomorrow and hoping they can at least give me and injection or something for the pain. :worship:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:23 pm

Things are mostly good here.. we had a great weekend working at the Nembafest.. but first some bad news... I just learned.

My former Boss.. is accusing Dave of stealing $20,000 in inventory!! :x :? The Police just came and took his computer.. At the moment I feel like vomiting. I don't believe it to be true.. and Dave is pretty meticulous in detailed record keeping. It's a @#^%#$% hassle and headache I am sure he doesn't need right now... Of course who would.. at any time. :thinking:

I am also wondering in what way I might be dragged into this.. :thinking: :frightened:

I don't know how much of his current work is on that computer? I don't know if he has separate work computers..

The weekend was good. It was Dave's boss, Dave, and a local to that area, sales rep that helped us a bit, Angela, Laurie and I . Dave and I put in the most time.. getting there early each day to set up and and later.. to take care of stuff. It was sort of tiring and hectic.. but we had a blast. Dave had been elsewhere on the road.. and met us there. He had thing primarily set up, and the others were there, when we got there Thursday afternoon. The main festival was Friday , Saturday, and Sunday.

Sorry about the back.. I hope it improves soon.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:19 pm

A rather rainy day.. It started during the night.. and is supposed to rain into tonight.. We could receive 2" to 3". That would be a bit at once... we do need it, but that much that fast.. I don't know how much will just run off.

I worked with Dave this morning building bikes.. more new ones I can't talk about. :shhh: 8)

We did talk more about the theft allegations. He did go meet with lawyer today also. It is all BS.. The owners don't have a clue in how to run or do their books. One of the things he supposedly stole.. were all the team "uniforms"... he has all the specifics of the running of the team.... all in writing.. and it is stuff that was originally all agreed to. Between what the lawyer is saying.. and another police friend that Dave talked to.. The police serving the warrant have also screwed up themselves big time. The owner is also an electrical contractor.. and he is the one that wired the new police station.. and is going to do the new fire station.. so they might have taken his word on stuff.. they should have investigated further. Even in serving the warrant... they went outside their jurisdiction to do it. They were supposed to have either a state police officer.. or country sheriff with them.. which they didn't do. Dave is looking to sue the owner.. and it sounds like he has a case against the police also, although he so far expressed no interest in that.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:18 pm

Sounds like Dave should be OK, but I am sure it will be a real hassle to get it worked out.

We had that rain come through here, but just miss our location. Some places got 3 to 5 inches out of it.

Went to see my neurosurgeon today and he gave me a steroid pac and also strong pain killers. Took a pain killer and it seems to be working a bit. I have to have an MRI and a Cat scan on the 6th, then back to see him on the 11th. As of now, it is very likely that I will need another operation. :( Also, think it will be the end of my mowing career.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Dave will eventually be ok.. it's just a pain, in the meantime. Sorry again for the back stuff.. time to retire?
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:09 am

Pain killers and steroids that I am taking help a lot. I can still work, just can't do anything except mow and drive the truck. I had bought a new 2 gal sprayer a week or so ago and finally got it out this morning and sprayed a lot of weeds. The weeds have gotten totally out of hand around here this year. I have been too tired or the weather has been bad most days when I got home. (that is just an excuse though and I am trying to remedy that). As far as retirement, this could very well be my last season to mow. Heck, might even not make it through this season. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:00 am

I did some work with Dave Thursday.. building some new bikes.. I am not being compensated for that work.. in this case it was a day of heavy rain. We do have some other weekend work coming up. I guess we need to verify that that they are paid work like this last one. Typically like back at the shop I didn't want to work weekends.. this is different for Laurie and Angela are working with us.. and it's fun work.. and the compensation is great!

We ended up doing trail work all weekend. First up was cleaning up the skinny farm area on the lawn. For one it just needed to be mowed. We did have some stumps to remove, and had other stuff to clean up. We also did some work out in the woods.. some string trimming.. We scouted and flagged 2 new trails... and did more work on a new technical trail we started earlier.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:12 am

Off to get my MRI and Cat Scan in a bit. Taking anti anxiety meds and they are already work after about 20 minutes. Feeling a bit loopy. just hope they get me through the MRI. :worship:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:00 am

Good luck with the test! :worship:

We are finally supposed to cool off today. We have been warm and humid.. temps into the 90's and 100's.. this morning it was still in the low 80's.

We have had several showers pass through.. and by tomorrow morning we should be back to comfortable stuff.

We have continued to do trail work through it... and ride. We had 7 people on last nights ride. We did also have others that did not want to ride because of the heat.

The new trail area is a big hit for some people.. others not so. It is a pretty cool challenging area.. yet there is a way to get through it for the less skilled rider.

We had a good Forth of July.. we were out early and got a lot of work done.. but got talked into heading over to a nearby camp. [John, and Dan you ride here regularly] It is their in-laws place.. but they are out there a lot. It's on the otherside of the pond from where are trail run. We headed over there for a boat ride.. and some swimming.. then ended up staying for supper.. and then a 4th of July boat parade.. followed by Camp Caribou's fireworks. [seen from the boat]. It was all quite nice. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:16 am

The drugs worked pretty well and it went fairly smooth. However, I cam home and slept for about 3 hours and when I woke up, I was really groggy for several hours. Should be a really nice day today and I am hoping to get the lawn mowed, some trimming done, and week spraying. Also, want to do laundry and maybe grocery shopping. I intend on going to the range sometime today also. Last time there with the new (to me) rifle, it was just a bit off to the right. Hoping to get the sights right today. I may not have said anything, but I got a Mossbery 432K (vintage about 1959 or so). It is .22 cal bolt action with 7-shot magazine. Really fun to shoot.
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic