The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:30 am

Well I found the problem with my Dick's order.. one of the items was a couple of dollars off.. and I can't combine offers.. and they don't give me the option of of paying full for the item.. and then getting the 20 off. I was going to add another item.. but then I happen to look at Amazon.. and they were much cheaper to start with. :NC

I don't particularly like mail order.. but for things like this that no one in the area sells. :shrug:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Glenn, the 107 was about all I was going to get I guess and they realized it. They did ask if I exercise a lot. Told them I used to cycle a lot but mostly just walk now. Not sure if they were good with the 107 or not. Maybe I will find out next week when I go back for the doctor to go over the test with me. :thinking: Well, we roamed around the Field and Stream store and the Bass Pro shop also, then to Red Robin for lunch and finally went to the range for about an hour. Kinda cold out for the range with a steady 10mph or so breeze in your face.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:50 pm

toypusher wrote:Glenn, the 107 was about all I was going to get I guess and they realized it. They did ask if I exercise a lot. Told them I used to cycle a lot but mostly just walk now. Not sure if they were good with the 107 or not. Maybe I will find out next week when I go back for the doctor to go over the test with me. :thinking: Well, we roamed around the Field and Stream store and the Bass Pro shop also, then to Red Robin for lunch and finally went to the range for about an hour. Kinda cold out for the range with a steady 10mph or so breeze in your face.

I am guessing if they asked if you exercised a lot.. it's a good thing. [the 107] Anyways I hope it's good news.. although waiting has to be tough..
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Someone from the club was going to be leading a ride tonight.. he had a couple people ask about a ride he did earlier in the week. [it was the same rail ride I rode ahh it was yesterday. A bunch of other people showed interest. So we get there and the ones who asked about it weren't there.. or were awfully late. Brian had me take most of the others out ahead of him. [my group were faster riders also] We had 6 riders.. he ended up with 7.

I had a couple people complain.. about the trail.. being too straight.. It is a @#$% rail line. :roll: :R It was a lot more scenic in the daylight. We had some moon and stars.. it would have been beautiful without lights.

Most of my riders turned around without me knowing it… :roll: It had been mentioned earlier that they didn't want to go a lot further. I had one that stayed with me.. and he did inform me it was just the two of us.. [that was his way of telling me he was tired and wanted to head back] :roll:

I did ride a little further.. we got to another road crossing.. turned.. and I wondered if we would catch the others. I did eventually see some lights. [although there are places you can see a couple of miles distance.

One of their group was fading fast.. so Laurie hung back with him.. and the others were stopped at another road crossing. From there I took the lead again.. and it seems as if we were cranking fairly well. I had been riding with my coat unzipped.. and was still a little warm.. at 11 degrees.. but it was dropping fast.. and even cranking I was cooling down.. I got quite cold and stopped to zip up.. it took a bit to be able to get the zipper to work.. then realized how far back joe was.. so I turned back for him [and Laurie who was baby sitting} the others continued on.

By the time we got back I was pretty frozen.. [it had dropped down to the lower single digits] [which is normally quite ok]

Overal it was a good ride. I got in a little over 15 miles… that gives me a little over 91 trail miles in the snow in the last week. :D Not including my Bkool rides.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:40 am

Yeah, I really want to get back into riding this year. Of course that will depend on what's happening with the blood pressure issues.

17 degrees and windy (was windy all night) this morning. Sunny so far though. Should be mostly sunny and mid 30s today. It is to warm up a bit starting tomorrow though - 46, then 49, then a couple of mid 50 days. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:16 am

I haven't checked the temps.. but it was supposed to be cold.. but we do have some nice sun. We do have 2 funerals this weekend.. one today.. another tomorrow. We also have a birthday party tonight. Tomorrow will take a good part of the day. We do have some time today. I am thinking maybe a gym workout.

:SH Between not sleeping all that great.. and the riding this week I am pretty tired.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Glenn, I haven't been sleeping well this week, either. Sucks.

It was 50 today. They are saying 72 tomorrow, and 78 on Monday. Time to get my walkin' shoes on. Psycho-poodle has paws, so no need for shoes.

I noticed that some trees are starting to bud. This is pretty early for that. Spring is coming earlier every year. Winter weather is coming later, too. A month from now, I may be able to start planting my herbs and peppers. I usually wait until after March 15th, but may be able to start early.

Besides walking, I need to take the MINI out for a spirited drive on some windy roads. Windows down, sunroofs open, so I can feel the breeze and hear the turbo sing. I can't believe my MINI is now ten years old. It doesn't look like it, or drive like it.

I don't have much interest in the Super Bowl, now that my Steelers are out. I may watch just for the commercials. I definitely plan to cook tomorrow. I'll probably grill something just to get outside in the nice weather.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:30 am

CD our January was so warm the maple sap started running.. people were tapping their trees. This is usually done in mid March. :o :? It has gotten colder again and is supposed to be cooler this month. Although we should start seeing some more sun.

Your talk of taking the Mini out gave me a touch of spring fever.. It sounds like fun.

Well one funeral down.. another to go. :(

There seems to be a lot of deaths lately. Various people we talked to at the funeral yesterday were all experiencing it. Today's funeral is Laurie's cousin.

I am not sure otherwise whats up for us today. Probably not much. :thinking:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Fenlason wrote:Well one funeral down.. another to go. :(

There seems to be a lot of deaths lately. Various people we talked to at the funeral yesterday were all experiencing it. Today's funeral is Laurie's cousin.

We are getting old, which means our friends and family are getting old, too. My parents are in their 80s. They lose a friend or family member every few weeks, it seems.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:32 am

Laurie had a co-worker's funeral Friday.. Saturday a good friend… and yesterday one of Laurie's cousins. One was 60.. the other two mid 60's. They each died of cancer.

Man it was windy last night. We generally don't hear it that much in our house. I did not sleep well. I woke at 2:00 and didn't get back to sleep until after 5:00.

We have snow coming.. tonight? Tomorrow? I am not sure when it's to start. I will be heading out for a ride. I took the last 2 days off after a hardish week, so I am hopefully ready to go. :twisted: I also want to take advantage of the trails before this next snow.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:11 pm

Yeah, getting old for sure! :lol:

I did not sleep well last night either. Glenn, your snow will be our rain - maybe up to 2 inches tomorrow. Just got back from the range and got to shoot a couple of guns I have never shot before. There was another guy there and we swapped weapons for firing. Fun time, wish I could do it everyday. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:05 pm

No funeral yet.. but also a cycling friends sister died Thursay.. at 60... :o I think I am going to stop buying green bananas…. :o

I did a fairly long ride today. [long for my current fitness] It was a trail ride in the snow. I got in just under 32 miles. a little over 3 hours and 40 minutes [actually ride time]. In some places the conditions were quite good… other places not so.

We went out to dinner for Laurie's birthday tonight, with other. Laurie's harasser came up. The subject of firearms came up.. and she has zero interest in carrying one. I thought she might be ok.. but no. Growing up she used to shoot with her dad and was comfortable. Of course her dad committed suicide with a firearm.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby caseydog » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:02 pm

It was a windy 82-degrees today. It is still 72-degrees now, at 9:10PM. The same is expected for tomorrow. We are under a Fire Weather Watch due to the warm, gusty SW winds.

Not much else to report from the doghouse.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:57 am

Warm and rainy here today. Rain should end for the most part by mid day today I guess. Have to go to dentist office to get some paperwork straightened out today, but not much else going on.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:15 am

We were down in the single digits this morning. We are expecting a little snow today.. but tonight is when the storm really gets here. We are to get perhaps 7" or so overnight.

I slept prettying good last night. I am still physically tired and a little sore, from Sunday's weight workout and yesterdays ride. Today will be a stay home day. Some house work.. hmm I have 3 handles that could use some paracord wrap. I have the paracord wrap.. but don't know how to do it yet. I have done a little looking on line.. but I hope to do more on that today. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic