Gene Newcomb
www.customdie.com and oklahrdw on Ebay.
Gene Newcomb
Teardrop Inspector

Postby SteveH » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:06 pm

Gene Newcomb wrote:George and Steve,
What are the forum addresses?
Gene

http://runryder.com/ is the RC heli forum.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Roly Nelson » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:43 am

ATTENTION all of you lurkers, out there. As you know, you have reached the right place to get all of the information that is needed to build any kind of teardrop trailer that you can conjure up. Building any kind of tear is a very satisfing undertaking, and can be done by most anyone. When finished, it will open up an unknown world you never knew exsisted.

Just attend any teardrop gathering and wander down through the campsites, (you can't get by with sneaking a peek from way out in the road). Ask any questions you want, sit down and share a cup of coffee with perfect strangers and soon you will be bitten by the teardrop bug forever. I traveled full-time for 6 years in my motorhome, and you never set foot on neighbor's campsites and were always careful to walk around their "space". Not so with tear folks, just stumble on in, and welcome aboard. Soon you will be a happy camper, willing to share your story about how you found out about getting Teardrop-ized.

I do believe most of us tear builders are really inventors, always coming up with neat ideas to make camping easier. I just came across a little blurb in the Reader's Digest that said........"The nice thing about being an inventor, is when you are sitting in your easy chair with your eyes closed, your wife doesn't know if you are asleep, or busy inventing!!!!" Great

Just my thoughts, so get buzy and start building.....

Roly, the li'l ol' woody teardrop builder.........ME :R
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby doug hodder » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:57 am

Roly....you said it perfectly...there are lots of people just checking things out and don't know what they want . For me...I've built scratch boats and tears....the tear is a lot more rewarding project as I can use it with a lot less hassle...I know I'll build another...and the beauty is that with just a little inventive mind or creativity, you can make yours so individual that no one else is going to have the same thing....To anyone out there that is "lurking" just join the forum and do it...It ain't that much dough$$....Everyone here is willing to help you and the incredible feeling of having done it and being able to use it is really rewarding....It doesn't matter who's plans you use or how you do it, just do it!!! It's your expression of who you are....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Time to say hello

Postby AZKick » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:23 am

Been looking at this site for a few weeks getting info for my own build, now it's time to become a member. I'll get some pics of the project here soon.
AZKick
Teardrop Advisor

Postby BoilermakerFan » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:28 pm

s4son wrote:
RC helicopter forum and it's up to 75,028

If each member has crashed at least one R/C helicopter, how much does that equate to in dollars? Man, I need to get into the R/C helicopter business!

Scott F.

:twisted:

If you use a smaller, less expensive heli, the crash kit is about $70 at a minimum. The bigger and better the bird, the more it costs. Usually the newbies don't crash as bad because they should have a mentor teaching them. It's the middle skill group that is flying the little bigger birds that do the most damage. I have a buddy with a $1,200 r/c heli and he has crashed it at least five times trying to learn new tricks and just wasn't able to recover in time. His repairs probably average $125-$200 in parts...

If you have a hobby cnc mill, you can make decent money designing and selling "hop-ups" for all the different kinds of r/c toys, but especially helis and gas 4x4 trucks.

I'm one of those members that's on then off for a while. I have too many hobbies and not enough time. We're also expecting our second child so any funds that would have gone towards a TD have been reallocated to other funds such as maternity leave, diapers, and baby clothes since this one is a boy and he won't look right wearing my daughter's old clothes! :lol:
BoilermakerFan
Teardrop Master

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:48 am

I joined this forum on June 7. I am member 1096. We are now up to 1633. That's about 180 new members a month, or 6 new members a day. With 1600+ members we should be topping the 49 members at one time easily. And if all of you would post one new picture each, I could spend all day here looking. :twisted:

P.S. My wife is going to kill me if I do.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Previous

Return to Off Topic