I am drop dead fasinated

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

I am drop dead fasinated

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:39 am

We have over 1300 members and we have had no more then 49 on at one time.
Makes me wonder
that is only 3%

how many different people have logged in over the past month.
and how many joined and never came again.
and How many of us
(including myself because I forgot to log in and don't want automatic log on) show up as a guest. just reading ... doing catchup ....
or have little time to stay to log out.

I am just fasinated. It is like some law of averages.
like how many people does a salesman have to talk to get a sale.
:?
But that is cool we are a very lay back group that just wants to learn, camp, enjoy a conversation, and build something we can be proud of wether it takes a weekend or 5 years to build. :thumbsup: :applause:
welcome aboard and come a few or come a whole bunch
:R
we just want to help :oops: make lots and lots of teardrop dreams come true. :cry: :thumbsup: :applause: ;)
Ron D.
Have only floor but am working my way up.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Dear Ron,

Postby Guy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:55 am

Dear Ron,

You may only have a floor but you have the most "poll" built floor there ever was. Have you taken a poll on how to get the floor up on to the trailer.

I am just kidding since I love your polls :roll:

I cannot believe that as I was writing this post you were actually writing another poll :rofl2: :rofl: :chicken: :rofl2:
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: I am drop dead fasinated

Postby Joanne » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:32 pm

Ron Dickey wrote:We have over 1300 members and we have had no more then 49 on at one time.
Makes me wonder
that is only 3%

<snip>

Ron D.
Have only floor but am working my way up.

Hey Ron,

I've been on a number of large groups and none of them had an active participation over about 10% of its members. I guess it's mixed blessing though, I would *never* be able to keep up if even 50% of our members were posting!

Joanne

I have a floor too! I'm hoping to get the walls put up this weekend.
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:42 pm

Hi, I'm Bob, and I'm a Lurker (hi Bob).
:shake hands:
I’ve obviously made some post, but to be honest, I get more out of the site by just reading other peoples postings. Someone somewhere usually comes up with my questions a few days before I do. So I just stay in the shadows and pay attention to what the rest of you are saying … thanks.

Hopefully, I’ll attach my floor to the chassis this weekend. The asphalt emulsion should be dry by then.
:whistle:

Aussie Web Pages

Postby PaulC » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:30 am

Hi Ron, I've noticed that you have'nt been surfing our Aussie Web Pages for a while. :D
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Re: Aussie Web Pages

Postby mikeschn » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:48 am

PaulC wrote:Hi Ron, I've noticed that you have'nt been surfing our Aussie Web Pages for a while. :D

Yea Ron, what's up with that? :drofl:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Re: I am drop dead fasinated

Postby purplepickup » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:49 am

Joanne wrote:....I would *never* be able to keep up if even 50% of our members were posting!

Joanne

I gotta agree. Sometimes it's hard just to keep up now. I think we've got just the right mix. There's always something interesting and informative to read but not so overwhelming that you can't catch up....unless you're away for a few days. :?
I belong to one car forum that has 7500 members and I just checked....there are over 250 people viewing threads right now. With well over 100 posts per day it is impossible to keep up.
George
:)
purplepickup
Silver Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:56 am

I belong to one car forum that has 7500 members and I just checked....there are over 250 people viewing threads right now. With well over 100 posts per day it is impossible to keep up.

George,

Got one up on ya, I belong to a RC helicopter forum and it's up to 75,028 members with 457 on line right now.

It's so big that only look at a couple of sections. :?
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby purplepickup » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:16 pm

SteveH wrote:I belong to a RC helicopter forum and it's up to 75,028 members with 457 on line right now.

I'm amazed at how the internet has brought so many people with common interests together. A couple of years ago I needed a new lawn tractor so I did a search and found a very active forum of people way too interested in mowing their lawns, but after sorting thru the posts I lot of good info to help me pick a new tractor.

I think there is probably a forum for about anything you can think of. Wow....75,0000 members on a RC helicopter site. Who'da thunk? :shock:
George
:)
purplepickup
Silver Donating Member

Postby s4son » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:38 pm

RC helicopter forum and it's up to 75,028

If each member has crashed at least one R/C helicopter, how much does that equate to in dollars? Man, I need to get into the R/C helicopter business!

Scott F.

:twisted:
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:49 pm

purplepickup wrote:I'm amazed at how the internet has brought so many people with common interests together. A couple of years ago I needed a new lawn tractor so I did a search and found a very active forum of people way too interested in mowing their lawns, but after sorting thru the posts I lot of good info to help me pick a new tractor.

I found the same forum when I was buying a "Garden Tractor", some folks are just too much into their lawn. I hate cutting grass, :thumbdown: I can't see how they enjoy it. I bought the tractor with the widest deck so that I can finish faster.

purplepickup wrote:I think there is probably a forum for about anything you can think of. Wow....75,0000 members on a RC helicopter site. Who'da thunk? :shock:

Well, if Dean found a bagpipe forum...... :thinking:
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Kens » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:50 pm

Hi I have been lurking for about a year. I am not ready to build so if I may I will just sit back and read and enjoy. :D
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby doug hodder » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:56 pm

I think that one of the issues that drives the membership is that you have to be logged in to see the photo albums....so many people might just register so that they can view...maybe not participating members....and if that is the case...." You guys need to go ahead and start a project!" it is incredibly rewarding, and there is nothing better than driving down the road and have people give you a thumbs up...All the info is here and there are plenty of good people to help you out...Whatcha' waitin' 4.???...Doug Hodder :thumbsup:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:38 pm

Joanne, Whats the weather like? I'll be there Sunday - Wednesday. I just put up the walls on mine yesterday. Now to the dreaded cabinets.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Joanne » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:36 am

bledsoe3 wrote:Joanne, Whats the weather like? I'll be there Sunday - Wednesday. I just put up the walls on mine yesterday. Now to the dreaded cabinets.

It's been in the low 100s the last few days. We've been getting a lot of clouds that look like they could develop into some serious thunderstorms, but they haven't done much so far.

I'm hoping to get my walls up tomorrow or Sunday. 'Course I've been saying that for the last 3 weeks... sigh.

I hope you have a great time while you are here. You are welcome to stop by. There's a lot to see and do in Vegas so I understand if you are booked up!

Take care!
Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Next

Return to Off Topic