...we could use your thoughts and prayers...UPDATE 5/27/12

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby bdosborn » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:22 pm

MJ,

You two hang in there and be strong. We'll be thinking of you.
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:24 pm

MJ,

Keep us in the loop, meanwhile we are praying for you both.

Mike n Chell
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:40 pm

:worship: So sorry to hear this and so happy they caught it! I know it is a fearful thing, especially if you are a nurse. We are praying for you and Marlene. Just keep faith and hug each other a lot. You know it really does help...
Many blessings Marlene and Jack..
:worship:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby madjack » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 pm

...well, we went back upto Shreveport today and met with the surgical team and the anesthesiologist and got all the preop/prelim stuff done today...my poor Baby, all she heard was the bad stuff...all I listened to was the good...which far outweighed the bad...oh well, it is understandable and afterall, that is what the Xanax is for...they probably won't do both of them(but it is possible still) and if not, it will be 3mos before they do the second one...it'll be a long 3 mos...

...on the bright side, after talking with them and discussing what her recovery should be like, if it all goes well, I shouldn't havvta put my hip surgery off but for a week, meaning I can have it at the end of the month and both of us can recover at the same time...luckily(I guess) my wife's 32 yr old daughter is (still)living with us at present and she has stepped up and helped a lot and we will be able to depend on her(kinda/sorta) while we are doing our recovery...

...once again, those positive thoughts and prayers are sure enough appreciated...thank all of you ever so much..........Jack
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby tonyj » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:58 pm

Keeping the positive thoughts and luv coming your way. Give "the poor girl" an extra squeeze from us.
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby dh » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:42 am

Hang in there and keep focused on the positive. We'll keep ya'll in our prayers.
Ignorant doesn't know any better, Stupid knows better but does it anyway.

My build page: http://www.tdbuildlog.blogspot.com/
dh
Gold Donating Member

Postby madjack » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:28 pm

...well after talking with the surgery team yesterday(2/8/12) and based on what they told us to expect to experience with Marlene's recovery, I contacted MY surgeon(for my hip) and we have tentatively re-scheduled my hip replacement for March 7...this is, of course, predicated on how Marlene's recovery is coming along and how much step-daughter is stepping up and helping out...that way, we can "recover" together....................Jack
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby eamarquardt » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:34 pm

madjack wrote:..that way, we can "recover" together....................Jack

Yup! "Misery loves company"! Sorry, the devil made me say that. I'm with you all the way. Particularly high pain today and I'm up to 3/4 of a pill and it's only 10:30 a.m.. My usual is 1/2 pill per day.

Good luck and please accept this as "humor". You gotta laugh a bit, even when things aren't going quite the way you'd like them to be.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby madjack » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Gus, if you can't laugh...you end up on Xanax...lolol...................Jack
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Nobody » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Sometimes MJ ya gotta laugh to keep from cryin'! :thumbsup: and :worship: for you both...
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mightydog » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:14 pm

I like the idea of having a gathering at your place! We could have 50 or 60 trailers pull up and camp in your yard with everyone pitching in to help look after you two. No problem at all!

No?

Okay--then let's keep you in our prayers...
Mightydog
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:30 pm

I've got a lantern going for her Jack! Wishing you both the best. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby eamarquardt » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:57 pm

madjack wrote:Gus, if you can't laugh...you end up on Xanax...lolol...................Jack

When the pain becomes especially severe Steve Job's quote takes on special meaning for me: "Living with a disease like this (cancer in his case, cranial nerve neuralgias in my case), and all the pain, constantly reminds you of your own mortality and that can do strange things to your brain if you're not careful."

In my case, Nucynta and Vicodin are the pain killers of choice and Ativan is my favorite benzodiazapine. I use the Nucynta daily (1/2 of the smallest pill), the vicodin for breakthrough purposes, and the ativan rarely and only during the most severe episodes.

I feel a special connection with anyone with health problems as I've "been there, done that" for 23 years now.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:45 pm

:worship: Things are looking up. They would not operate if it didn't look good. Both of you.

Seriously, all joking aside---if you need anything--and I mean anything, you let us know! You have thousands of friends and friendly acquaintances here. You never know who might be able to do what you need. Love ya both!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby madjack » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:48 pm

....told her, with the extra holes in her head, she'll sound like a wiffle ball on a windy day...yuckyuck...told her, it was too bad magnets won't stick to stainless steel, or, at Halloween, she could go as Frankenstein...yuckyuck...told her, the UFO's(or govt) could no longer beam messages directly into her brain...yuckyuck...she is afraid she will wake up and LOVE cookie cakes(which she now detests)...yuckyuck...she named'em...click and clack...yuckyuck...yep, a little humor(especially morbid humor) helps keep the stress at bay.........

Doug, I consider that an extra special offering, thanks, it is appreciated.....

MightyDog...there is a gathering(the GunSlinger Gathering) starting the day she gets out of the hospital and it only around 30mi away...I told her I would bring the tear with us and we could go directly there when she is discharged...I got the "look"...lolol.......

...thanks all, the thoughts are all APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!

Jack...........................
madjack
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic