...we could use your thoughts and prayers...UPDATE 5/27/12

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: ...we could use your thoughts and prayers...UPDATE 3/2/1

Postby Mightydog » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:41 pm

madjack wrote:...tires very easily and has some problems with numbers and typing...

That describes most of my days.

It's good to hear that you guys are making progress. Knowing that you're headed in for body work tomorrow, let us know how you and your hip are doing as soon as you're able.

Prayers for the two of you kids.
Mightydog
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Catoosa Grani » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:33 pm

MJ, I have you in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I am sure the surgery will go well and you will soon be back on your feet again with all the pain finally gone. You know, we should have had a TD Gathering in the hospital parking lot. We could have had Jeff lead us in an indian dance of healing. Wouldn't that have been exciting?
Just think, you would go to sleep thinking of us all out there and had pleasant dreams. Hope to talk to you soon. Love you both! Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Thinking of you too!!!!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:30 pm

We've been wondering how MJ's surgery went too! Anyone have any inside information?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby KenC » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Mad Jack and Marlene,

Prayers and positvive energy being sent your way from the west coast.
KenC
Donating Member

Postby kirkman » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:47 pm

MJ..I have been sending prayers up every day ! I hope all turns out well !!!!!! :worship:
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." -- Dalai Lama XIV
kirkman
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:44 pm

...and the adventure keeps on, keeping on.............

...first, I must offer my heartfelt apologies for first not posting before my surgery and then waiting so long afterwards to post an update...I am afraid my head was in such a place, that this is the first time I have looked at or touched a PC in near a month...I hope y'all can understand.............

...next a bit about my poor Baby...we had to be at the hospital at 5:30AM on 3-7-12...my surgery started at 7:30 and was done by 9:30...unfortunately for my Baby, this as her first time out of the house for more than a few minutes and her emotional distraughtness was in full swing and the hospital took until 4:15 to get me into a room...they finally had to give my wife a room to lie down in around noon since, she just couldn't take sitting up in the waiting room any longer...thank goodness for my 84yrold mother who sat up with her and chatted non-stop for hours to help keep my wife spirits up...the hospital finally got me into a room a little after 4PM and my wife showed up pushing a wheel chair with all our gear in it...the nurses took one look at her and promptly forgot all about me and spent some time taking care of her(bless their hearts)....

When I had my first hip replacement 2.5yrs ago, I literally hit the ground running afterwards and never had any problems...unfortunately, this was not the case this go round...when the PT people came in the next morning to get me up, my leg was like a dead sack of meat and I had absolutely no control over it...except for straight back, no matter what I did, I couldn't control it and it would hit the ground pointing in most any direction...after spending most of the day working on a bunch of isometrics exercises, I was able to control it that afternoon and the next day...I had the operation on Wed and the Doc wanted to keep me until Sat but, with a bunch of cajoling, he let me go home Fri evening...with the help of my two best friends, I got home and settled in and continued to get up and walk(with much effort) over the weekend...although, I am continuing to use the walker, I am getting around pretty well...even driving and on Thur last, they removed the staples allowing me to finally get some sleep...hopefully by next week I should be able to dump the walker and goto a cane and continue to make good progress...I must say, I had much more bruising and soreness that I did with the first surgery...of course, I was in much better shape the first time around that I was this time......

...my wife continues to make GREAT progress and regained most of her abilities with numbers and her writing is getting much better, as is her stamina......

I would like to once again, take the opportunity to thank all for the positive thoughts and prayers and ask you to continue to think of us, my wife's second surgery will be in late May with her final surgery in Aug or Sept...thank you all so much...and once again, I apologize for taking so long to post this update............
Jack...................
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Re: ...we could use your thoughts and prayers...UPDATE 3/21/

Postby Catoosa Grani » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Jack, we do understand. It is such a relief to finally hear from you. I am so glad things are beginning to look up. You both are still in our thoughts and prayers. Be careful and take care of each other.

Love, Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby Verna » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Jack, as long as you two are OK, that's all that matters. Most of us have been through a surgery or two (or more :roll: ), and we do understand how rough it is to get up and act like a normal human being afterwards. Take your time, don't rush it, but do keep trying. Tell you wife about the progress she's making--I'm sure it will make her feel so much better!!

Stay safe and continue on your progress. Oh yeah, those positive thoughts and prayers are still coming your way.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby tonyj » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:00 pm

So very relieved to hear from you, and don't apologize, we all understand. We're all looking forward to your continued progress reports as you can make them. Pass along our best wishes to Marlene for her continued quick recovery.
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:32 am

Very happy to hear from you Jack, and relieved that good progress is being made. Some things just take time. Our thoughts and prayers are still with you for your speedy recovery.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby TheDuke » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:40 am

Jack:
Glad you're finally settled in and more or less back on track. What a struggle for the two of you to go through! I'm impressed how both of you give such support to each other. God bless both of you and we will keep you in our prayers.
TheDuke
TheDuke
Teardrop Master

Postby StPatron » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:39 pm

Thanks for the report, Jack. Best wishes to you both.
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Good to hear from you MJ.

Sorry the going was so rough. Keep the spirits up, and get well soon! :thumbsup:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi, Madjack:

Glad to hear that you are home and both of you are progressing reasonably well. Soon, you'll both be up and about and cracking that ol' whip at us!! :lol:

Thanks for keeping us informed. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic