...we could use your thoughts and prayers...UPDATE 5/27/12

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

...update 2/1//12

Postby madjack » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:16 pm

...well we went to Shreveport for tests this past Mon/Tues...the good news, is, they are going to do something and not just monitor them...BUT, it will be brain surgery and not the less invasive coiling...Marlene has to go next WED for a pre-op physical on the 8th followed by surgery on the following Mon, the 13th...they say she will be 5days in the hospital and then home for a 4week recovery period...to say Marlene is scared would be an understatement...and I am not far behind...all of y'all's thoughts and prayers are so appreciated, thanks again...........Jack
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Re: ...update 2/1//12

Postby Larry C » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 pm

madjack wrote:...well we went to Shreveport for tests this past Mon/Tues...the good news, is, they are going to do something and not just monitor them...BUT, it will be brain surgery and not the less invasive coiling...Marlene has to go next WED for a pre-op physical on the 8th followed by surgery on the following Mon, the 13th...they say she will be 5days in the hospital and then home for a 4week recovery period...to say Marlene is scared would be an understatement...and I am not far behind...all of y'all's thoughts and prayers are so appreciated, thanks again...........Jack

Jack,
The thoughts and prayers for Marlene and you will keep coming..

Larry C
"If its worth doing it's worth doing Light"

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=35852
Larry C
500 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Do keep us posted. I will be praying for you both.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Continuing the healing vibes towards you and Mrs Madjack. Keep us posted when you can!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:11 pm

Fear can do as much harm as the problem that Marlene already has going on because fear can cause blood pressure to rise. So, please keep the faith and try to stay as calm as you both can. We're pullin' for ya! :worship:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby eamarquardt » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Good luck to both of you. I haven't had that invasive a surgery but they did grind a hole in my skull, viewed things in the center of the brain through a microscope, cut one nerve in two (deliberately), inserted some shredded teflon between a nerve and blood vessel and then "patched me up" with some titanium mesh, 3 or 4 screws, some medical grade "bondo" and some of the left over bone dust. Good as new (almost).

Some day, just for "grins" I'm gonna get an x-ray and see if we can see the mesh and count the number of screws.

Good luck.

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:22 pm

...thanks again everyone...I should also note, this will be the first of two surgeries since she has two aneurisms...we don't know the timeline for this second surgery since it will be dependent on the outcome of the first...pretty obviously, I will havvta cancel my hip replacement, postponing it to a more appropriate date...dayum, I wish I'd, had my surgery 6r8mos ago...like I shoulddahad........
thanks again to everyone...............Jack
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 pm

It looks like it's pain pills and glucosamine for you, for now, MJ.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby eamarquardt » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:30 pm

S. Heisley wrote:It looks like it's pain pills and glucosamine for you, for now, MJ.

Have opiates, benzodiazapines, and anti seizure meds will travel.

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby Forrest747 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Jack you guys caught it and sound like ur doing something about it. We never had an idea thjat Lisa headaches were serious. Just passed it off as the stresses of being a mom and wife. Good luckk with the hip when the time comes
"All the success on the trail can not compensate for having square headlights"

"I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=37701 Build Journal
Forrest747
Cowbell Donating Member

Postby StPatron » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:29 am

Somehow I missed this post until now... My thoughts and prayers for you both and looking forward to seeing y'all again at LCG.
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby IndyTom » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 am

Jack,

You guys are at the top of my prayer list.

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby Oldragbaggers » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:18 am

God's protection, strength, peace and comfort for both of you Jack. And Sharon is absolutely right, keeping calm is very important right now. Obviously easier said than done, and coming from someone who isn't facing what you and Marlene are. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby mandy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:17 am

I have been gone too long. I had just read about all this. MJ you and Marlene are in my prayers :worship: I hope you get to feeling better MJ. And I pray that Marlene has a full recovery. :worship:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby dh » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:13 pm

I had to take a little break myself, I'm so sorry to come back to read about this. You two are in my prayers :worship:
Ignorant doesn't know any better, Stupid knows better but does it anyway.

My build page: http://www.tdbuildlog.blogspot.com/
dh
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic