Bye Bye Brown

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby TonyCooper » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:51 pm

I dare say none of us have knowledge of what is going on inside the Washington DC beltway. I do know from US history that rarely has the culprit of any action (incompetence, or worse - treason or conspiracy, etc) been brought to justice for any (preceived) transgressions. Typically a fall guy is "sacrificed" on the alter of public opinion. The problem need not be corrected, but it is of utmost import to extract a pound of flesh.

I also understand that the business of politics is a dirty game and if one chooses to make it one's career, one must hope for the best and expect the worse. And when one speaks publicly, one must be politically correct. I suspect Brown thought his position safe and nonpartisan to some extent as it was not an elected office. He was proven wrong.

I believe his demise was more the result of what he said (a far greater sin in politics) then for what he failed to accomplish. He certainly demonstrated no greater incompetence then the Louisiana Governor or the Mayor of New Orleans. But alas, they are elected officials ( i.e. wiley survivors) and largely immune from the quick retribution of an angry population.

I don't know Brown or the job he did or did not do. I do know what I have read in the press, of both persuasions, left and right. That said, I refuse to judge or disparage him. I wish him luck in his new career.

It will be interesting to see what President Bush has to say on Thursday night... I suspect something akin to Truman's "the buck stops here" quote will be in his speech.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves . Nothing is often a good thing to say, and always a clever thing to say. - Will Durant
Tony

My Tear Build Site

"No comment"
TonyCooper
Official Pot Stirrer

Previous

Return to Off Topic