camping wid kids

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Sarge » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:28 pm

Kajamelu4,

I bought the tear to be with my kids more, so if I attend a gathering I'm bringing Little Sarge. I brought him to the Redwood Gathering and it was fine....well, at least I thought so. The other campers might have a different opinion.

In my mind camping is a family event. A gathering is just a large group of campers. I must say that others whose kids have grown most likely don't want to take care of anyone elses kids, so its up to you to entertain your own kids, which means you might have to miss some of the gathering's events, but that's the price of having a little one along.

My two cents.

-Sarge
-Sarge

Don't "should" on yourself, there are plenty of others who will "should" on you for no reason. Accept what you did and move on. Life is too short.

2011 Three Feathers, Pinecone
2005 Hunter HU-4, Fat Shadow - SOLD
1961 Body
Sarge
Teardrop Master

What No Fishing Poles?

Postby OkieSailor » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:15 am

I take my two grand kids fishing. It teaches them to stay in one place for a time. Caught about 40 last time. Biggest about 5 inch - smallest was minnow sized, but they all fought like heck. :D
Yes OkieSailor is an Oxymoron!!
OkieSailor
Teardrop Advisor

The Ultimate Kid Camp

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:18 am

You probably should go on a campout with an entire classroom of children to experience the ultimate challenge in camping with kids. Over the years I've had lots of kids on campouts, but of course I have parents there backing me up and helping out. If you went on one of these camping with your own kids would probably seem like a piece of cake. That is one reason I chose the Teardrop Nanny handle--you are always taking care of one chore/mess or another when you are camping, especially with kids, and the Big kids (like my Dean). Most kids do well with some kind of daily routine, even when camping, so I'd suggest that. Also, cut down on the amount of work you do ( washing) by issuing each kid a cup with their own name that they use throughout the day, and start the morning with their T-shirt backwards and inside out and switch it around to a clean side as the morning progresses. And I always travel with a Kid Kit for camping that has things in it like watercolor paints, bubbles, ribbon balls, juggling scarves, etc. That way your kids can do something fun and creative and it is quite entertaining to watch them try and learn how to do something new in a campground setting. :D Joanie AKA The Teardrop Nanny

Redwood Gathering 2006

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:36 am

Thought I should let you know that I will be having activities at Pamplin Grove for the little kids and Kids of all ages. Camping should be fun and our campsite has had kids and pets before so I'll offer to continue in the Nanny role at the Gathering and plan accordingly. Dean's kids are "tweenagers" and always look forward to having other kids at campgrounds to interact with. BTW to Sarge....Your son was wonderful!...I hereby agree and promote that Little Sarge can now be called Big Sarge and you can pass on the Lil' title to Tiny Sarge after the christening. I want to see how well that boy can fling a ribbon ball by next year's gathering. Ask him if he wants to learn to juggle....and if he likes playing with a parachute. Take care. Joanie :)
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Sarge » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:44 am

Joanie,

Thank you for the kind words regarding Little Sarge. I'll let him know that he's up for promotion. :D

Now that he turned 4, he's shown a lot of maturity. The "Big" title is coming soon.

Thanks again. I know Little Sarge enjoy being around you very much.

-Sarge
-Sarge

Don't "should" on yourself, there are plenty of others who will "should" on you for no reason. Accept what you did and move on. Life is too short.

2011 Three Feathers, Pinecone
2005 Hunter HU-4, Fat Shadow - SOLD
1961 Body
Sarge
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Off Topic