Traeger Pizza

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Traeger Pizza

Postby Redneck Teepee » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:45 am

For all of you "Pellet Heads" out there if you have not yet, you need to try Pizza on your Traeger. It's to die for, if you like Pizza.

My brothers, all the wives and I had an early Xmas Sunday as most are traveling to see kids/grandkid's for the holiday's, so I did a couple 12" pizza's on the Traeger. The pic is a before as I did not get a pic after because as soon as they hit the counter top everybody... waited, just like one hog waits on the other. I believe these are better or equal to a stone oven cooked pie. One thing you do need is a pizza pan with the holes in the bottom, otherwise the dough gets soggy from trapped moisture. 25-30 minutes at 375 and it will have just the right hint of smoke flavor....Yum Yum. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Re: Traeger Pizza

Postby VijayGupta » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:51 pm

When it gets hot in the summer, I do pizzas on our Weber BBQ. I have a pizza stone that I put over a metal pan to keep the crust from getting done too soon. When camping, I do pizzas in a cast iron dutch oven.

I like bready thick crusts, so I do a modified Chicago deep dish pizza.
VijayGupta
Teardrop Master

Postby dales133 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:53 pm

I do a few pizzas on my weber too, come out awsum.
Those trader ones look good
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Redneck Teepee » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:27 pm

I also did a pan of chicken enchiladas a couple weeks ago and the wife liked them better than in the kitchen oven, they were simply delish!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Return to Off Topic