Ultralight aircraft flying

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Ultralight aircraft flying

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:03 pm

My eyes don't work together; so, I have depth perception problems. The doctor told me I could never be a surgeon or a pilot. Heck, I have problems just backing the trailer up! :lol:

...Thought I'd share that just for giggles. :R
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby sealbeachbum » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:34 am

I have considered LSA but ultralights are cheaper and the FAA keeps their nose out of your business. The only downside is ultralights are single seaters so I wouldn't be able to take my wife flying. My old two seater UL was for "training only" and are no longer allowed. All two seaters have to be registered as LSA now.
Last edited by sealbeachbum on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill & Patti Carr
sealbeachbum
Teardrop Builder

Postby Jdw2717 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:46 am

For those interested in building your own small plane out of wood and fabric, check out the Mini-max. It's a neat little airplane that I would love to build one day. The Belite line of planes are another option.
"Twenty years form now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines... Explore. Dream. Discover" Mark Twain

John & Tatanya
Jdw2717
Teardrop Master

Postby rockinrobin » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:16 pm

It is LSA. Light Sport Aircraft.
" It's all good"
rockinrobin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby GerryS » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:32 am

Once my job and career get back on path old love an lsa. This thread has reminded my how much I miss flying.

I wish the FAA would allow 172s and pother trainers to be flown on LSA restrictions...Day VFR, 1 passenger etc. it's the plane so many learned on....I'm safer in one of those than a Kolb, kitfox or any other LSA....rotax power might be safe etc, but I don't enjoy the high revs.
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mrsteve » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:23 pm

I realize that this probably not the right place to post this but the for sale/wanted looked like a trailer only spot. I have a Manta BB 103 Ultra lite for sale. 48 hours on rotax 447 motor, Gibbo 12 meter speed wing.
email for info [email protected]
mrsteve
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Off Topic