I need to get new tires for my car

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

I need to get new tires for my car

Postby sakrebleu1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 am

I know this may not be the perfect place to ask this question, but I've got myself a 2011 Mercedes C class and I'm very happy with it. The only problem is, the last owner couldn't give me the tires, so I have to buy some new ones. I'll be using the car to drive around town, and probably ~200-250 miles every other weekend, to go to another city. I'm looking for some durable tires, that can last me for as long as possible. Money is not an issue, although I don't want to spend more than $1000. Although I'd prefer $700-800. I have come across this website holmes tire, but I have no idea if I should trust it or not.
sakrebleu1
Teardrop Builder

Re: I need to get new tires for my car

Postby BigGoofyGuy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:21 pm

How did you get it home without tires on it? :roll:
BigGoofyGuy
The 300 Club

Postby RonS » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:54 pm

BigGoofyGuy wrote:How did you get it home without tires on it? :roll:

Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
RonS
Teardrop Master

Postby pralfred » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm a huge fan of the Goodyear Assurance Tripletred tires, and they come in a size that should fit your car. Perhaps look at a set of those, though mine cost me $125/tire. They get good ratings though, and I've been pleased with the performance of mine despite the "odd" application of using it on a motorcycle. I'm actually planning on getting a set of these tires for my camper when I build it.
"While there is tea, there is hope." --Sir Arthur Pinero
pralfred
Teardrop Builder

Postby sakrebleu1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:54 am

BigGoofyGuy wrote:How did you get it home without tires on it? :roll:

The seller offered to bring it to me home in a trailer (hopefully this is the right word in English)
sakrebleu1
Teardrop Builder

Postby sakrebleu1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:56 am

pralfred wrote:I'm a huge fan of the Goodyear Assurance Tripletred tires, and they come in a size that should fit your car. Perhaps look at a set of those, though mine cost me $125/tire. They get good ratings though, and I've been pleased with the performance of mine despite the "odd" application of using it on a motorcycle. I'm actually planning on getting a set of these tires for my camper when I build it.

$125 seems good. I heard Goodyear is a good brand, but I've also heard good things about Michelin ones. Do you have any clue about those?
I'll look into those Goodyear Assurance Tripletred you've mentioned, thanks!
sakrebleu1
Teardrop Builder

Postby lrrowe » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:18 pm

I pretty much only use Michelins. On my wife's kia Sorento and my F150. But my needs are different I am sure, and for a full sized truck, they are not cheap. But I get a lot of piece of mind.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby pralfred » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:31 pm

I really don't know anything about Michelin tires. I know very little about tires at all, short of the reviews I read when searching for a car tire of good quality to put on my hack, and reviews said that the tire I bought (the Goodyear) was a product worth spending money on. I have also had good success with the Bridgestone tires I use on my hack, but they're motorcycle tires (they are radials though) and I have no idea if there's a difference between them and car tires. The Goodyear Assurance Tripletred I bought has been on my hack for nearly a year and a half, and has about 20,000 miles on it and it only now really looks like it's broken in. It is rated for about 90,000 miles, so I've got a good long time before I'll have to worry about replacing it if it continues to hold up as it has so far.
"While there is tea, there is hope." --Sir Arthur Pinero
pralfred
Teardrop Builder

Postby sakrebleu1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:29 pm

lrrowe wrote:I pretty much only use Michelins. On my wife's kia Sorento and my F150. But my needs are different I am sure, and for a full sized truck, they are not cheap. But I get a lot of piece of mind.

I'm fine with paying more, if it's a save in the long run! Do you have any idea about the Goodyear ones, though?
sakrebleu1
Teardrop Builder

Postby sakrebleu1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:31 pm

pralfred wrote:I really don't know anything about Michelin tires. I know very little about tires at all, short of the reviews I read when searching for a car tire of good quality to put on my hack, and reviews said that the tire I bought (the Goodyear) was a product worth spending money on. I have also had good success with the Bridgestone tires I use on my hack, but they're motorcycle tires (they are radials though) and I have no idea if there's a difference between them and car tires. The Goodyear Assurance Tripletred I bought has been on my hack for nearly a year and a half, and has about 20,000 miles on it and it only now really looks like it's broken in. It is rated for about 90,000 miles, so I've got a good long time before I'll have to worry about replacing it if it continues to hold up as it has so far.

Great to hear! I've been interested in Goodyear tires for a long time now, but I'l look into the Bridgestone ones too.
Also, are Bridgestone ones pricy?
Thanks!
sakrebleu1
Teardrop Builder

Postby lrrowe » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:11 pm

I only know about Goodyear's Wranglers. And while many like them, I do not. Because they did not give me great mileage and I found them noisy, probably because of their more aggresive thread pattern. I like Michelins because of their ride quality and warranted life. Bit even for them, I do not get the quoted life out of them. I do believe the roads you drive on make a difference. For me here in SW VA, the curves and hilly terrain is a tire life nemesis.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Return to Off Topic