Home Brewers and Craft Beer Enthusiasts Sound Off

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Home Brewers and Craft Beer Enthusiasts Sound Off

Postby friz » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:38 pm

I haven't seen this topic yet, so I thought I would see if I was the only Beer/Camper enthusiast. I am the a chair for the largest craft beer expo in western Kansas and a keep it simple home brewer (Extract brewing only).

This is an IPA I brewed in a pint glass from the event.Image
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Re: Home Brewers and Craft Beer Enthusiasts Sound Off

Postby GuitarPhotog » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:25 pm

Ive been a home brewer for 30 years, progressing from extract to partial mash to all grain to 1/2 barrel batch size.

I make beer for most of the teardrop gatherings I attend, especially the Shasta Lake Gathering (formerly known as the Dam Gathering), and Brian Woods' Farm Gathering in BC.

I always look for local brewpubs and craft breweries when I travel with my teardrop, mostly because I haven't figured out a convenient way to have my beer on tap in the teardrop.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Homebrewer25 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:45 pm

(see above ^) I too am a homebrewer.

I've been brewing since 1992, starting with extract/specialty grain and moving to all grain in 94. I've got about 250 batches under my belt (literally), most of them 10 gallons. I've dropped back to 5 gal batches the past 6 or 7 years because my belt size got too big.

I don't yet have a TTT, but have been lurking her for a couple of years while planning a foamie. I hope to have one built within a couple of years.
Last edited by Homebrewer25 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere ... time for a :beer:

Steve
Foam Ranger Build (postponed by COVID - resuming spring 2021): http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70159
Homebrewer25
Teardrop Master

Postby dmb90260 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:09 am

Brewed for a number of years until I was wearing as much as I was brewing. I had an odd situation with non2 of my friends helping me dispatch kegs. My nephew got a degree in microbiology centered on brewing. When he hired on at North Coast Brewing at Ft Bragg, CA I donated all my equipment for his off-job brewing.
I had a number of corney kegs including one with my favorite recipe pasted on it. A couple years ago he looked closely at the recipe, updated it and gave me a case of this for Christmas. (Apologies to Cary Grant and Gunga Din.)

He followed that the next year with this to honor his parents.

(NOTE These were made at his home not the brewery.. He is now the Brewmeister at North Coast.)
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby friz » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Wow! I am in very experienced company. I am definitely a noob by comparison.
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Return to Off Topic