Delicious powdered drink mixes!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Delicious powdered drink mixes!

Postby Esteban » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:17 pm

:thumbsup: Recently I discovered how delicious, and inexpensive, some low calorie (5 to 10 calories for a 16+ oz. serving) powdered drink mixes are. True Citrus has many flavors I really like. I prefer the ones with a little sweetness like raspberry lemonade, mango orange, peach lemonade and watermelon aqua fresca. The individual packets provide plenty of flavor for 16 ounces, or more, of water. Initially I bought 10 packs of various flavors from Amazon.com.

:thumbsup: I also bought several 24 oz. Go Active Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottles from Amazon. They're great! I use them at home, in my car while traveling, and sometimes at fast food restaurants instead of buying a sugary soft drink. It's healthier and saves me a buck or two for the meal. I've also taken sealed water bottles and powdered drink mixes into concerts that don't allow outside food or beverages, where it's OK to bring in sealed water bottles. A glass of wine or beer at the concert would have been $$$!

:) Yesterday I bought more powdered drink mixes from Target: https://www.target.com/c/powdered-liquid-drink-mixes-beverages-food-beverage/-/N-5xt0n#lnk=powderedliquidd which cost than they do from Amazon. Most were about 20 cents per serving/packet for boxes of 10. Crystal Light's On The Go drink mixes are delicious too. Crystal Light Peach Mango is a new favorite.

:wine: There are even powdered margarita mixes and other cocktail flavors you can add to water that I haven't tried yet. Maybe Margaritaville Singles would pique someone like Vedette/Brian from BC Canada?

Does anyone else share this fun, healthy, affordable interest (obsession?) about powdered drink mixes?

:thinking: If you do what are your favorites?
Last edited by Esteban on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Re: Delicious powdered drink mixes!

Postby lrrowe » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:46 pm

I am on the Atkins diet so I must avoid the sugar drinks and I am trying to break the Diet Coke addiction I have. I discovered Crystal Light which is helping. I must remember to use the non-cafeine ones or I am awake for half the night.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby working on it » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:26 am

lrrowe wrote:I am on the Atkins diet so I must avoid the sugar drinks and I am trying to break the Diet Coke addiction I have. I discovered Crystal Light which is helping. I must remember to use the non-cafeine ones or I am awake for half the night.

I switched to powdered drink mixes a couple of years ago, after many years of diet Coke, then diet Pepsi addiction. Though the canned drinks were available everywhere, and I could have them without having to carry my own drinks at all times, the carbonation was getting to be a problem, so I went to non-carbonated drinks for digestive relief.
At first, I tried Crystal Light mixes, using individual packets for 16.9 oz. water bottles, then I started re-using those same bottles, making sweet tea (brewed in a Mr.Coffee) and filling the water bottles with it. Then, shortly after I retired, I found Great Value "Iced Tea with Peach" mix in one-gallon packets, and never again brewed my own.
The peach tea mix reminded me of the peach tea my Grandmother used to make, though with aspartame sweetener, not cane sugar, and I make it two gallons at a time (my daily consumption!). I carry it around like Uncle Si Robertson of Duck Dynasty. Just recently, though, I have been drinking diet A&W Root Beer in cans, because of limited storage in the travel trailer refrigerator (where I'll be living for another month, until the new house is ready). But, after a few days of the carbonated drinks, I'll taper off and switch back to the sweet tea/peach mix (due to digestive problems, again). Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Bill n Robi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:43 am

Sparking water, box wine, powdered drink mix = 60 sugar free wine coolers for under a quarter each
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Return to Off Topic