Travels by Narrowboat (British show)

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Travels by Narrowboat (British show)

Postby Felix_Esq » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:49 pm

Anyone else watching this show? I find it wildly calming and I let it play in the garage while I work on my trailer.
I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that. -Lloyd Daubler

Build Gallery
Build Journal
Felix_Esq
Donating Member

Re: Travels by Narrowboat (British show)

Postby BigGoofyGuy » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:50 pm

I think I have seen it. There are a couple of ones with narrow boats. It is pretty good.
:thumbsup:
BigGoofyGuy
The 300 Club

Postby TimC » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:34 pm

Felix_Esq wrote:Anyone else watching this show? I find it wildly calming and I let it play in the garage while I work on my trailer.

Sounds like my kind of Covid Cure... is it on Britbox? I see Amazon, but, I don't have Prime.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby troubleScottie » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:36 pm

There are a whole collection of youtube videos on narrowboats.

Technically, it could be anywhere in the world. However, it is mostly limited to extensive canal system of England.
Michael Krolewski
Scottish Terrier Fancier
troubleScottie
Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:03 am

Fascinating... :thinking:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby iggy3860 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:22 am

Plan to do that when we have the opportunity to go to the UK :thumbsup:

A very relaxing way to travel - top speed is limited to 4 mph so the scenery does not flash past too quickly :D

Ian
Iggy
[Ian McLaren]
iggy3860
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:29 am

I had to Youtube what a narrowboat was. In the first video I watched, the boat had a slow-RPM diesel running it...

In searching what the old ones ran, I found this video and was fascinated by the old diesel in this one.

Interesting "glow-plugs."

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:29 pm

iggy3860 wrote:Plan to do that when we have the opportunity to go to the UK :thumbsup:

A very relaxing way to travel - top speed is limited to 4 mph so the scenery does not flash past too quickly :D

Ian

Took an evening cruise with some of the rest of my squadron when I was stationed there back in the 80's. Lot's of fun! (Amazing how narrow the Thames is up there--a bit West of Oxford.)

The skipper's dog trotted along the bank and got his exercise as we chugged along. I remember that because the First Shirt (I was a Lieutenant, so he didn't have authority over me, though he thought he had moral authority, or something) saw me petting the dog when he arrived, and got real mad at me for being "cruel" to "my dog" by making him walk. Oh well!

It was nice of Uncle Sam and the Soviet Union to arrange things so I got a two year paid vacation over there, even with the added complication of rank. :lol:

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:46 pm

iggy3860 wrote:Plan to do that when we have the opportunity to go to the UK :thumbsup:

Ian

You don't have to go to the UK to do that. You can rent one of those and travel the Erie Canal. I just had some friends do that this past fall.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Felix_Esq » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:42 pm

I was talking about the one on Amazon. He has videos on Youtube, but they are now limited.

Here is his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/CountryHouseGent/videos
I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that. -Lloyd Daubler

Build Gallery
Build Journal
Felix_Esq
Donating Member

Return to Off Topic