Lifetime Warranty on Husky (or Craftsman, etc.) Tools

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Lifetime Warranty on Husky (or Craftsman, etc.) Tools

Postby Squigie » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:22 pm

I still have the previously mentioned broken Kobalt and Craftsman ratchets and 10mm sockets on my tool box. (And the unused Kobalt ratchet.)
I have still not found the broken items in stock as individual tools.
Not only that, but there is no longer a place or price tag in the drawer for the 6-point or 12-point 10mm 1/4" drive sockets. :thumbdown:
"Great" warranty.
That I can't use. And don't even really want to waste my time trying to use, at this point.

I've been buying Tekton tools for a few years now, from a regional hardware/farm/outdoor chain, C-A-L Ranch.
I haven't had any issues.
They have a no questions asked, lifetime replacement policy. "If tool no work, we replace."
The best part is that I have never had to use it.
But, reassuringly, several of the commercial construction guys in my family have been turning more and more to Tekton, as well. They say they hold up better than Husky, Kobalt, Craftsman, and other store brands. So far, I cannot disagree.

I won't buy Snap-On tools. I used them for a little over 6 years and it was par for the course to have a minimum of 3-4 broken tools every day. Our Snap-On dealer started his day by hitting our shop *every day* that he was on his route.
(To be fair, I'm talking about 600-1,000 tools rolling around in 6-12 rolling toolboxes, in use by 30-50 people, not home shop levels of use.)
More than half of the time, the Snap-On dealer would claim misuse or abuse, and that was that. No warranty for you, you're paying out of pocket for a new tool, whether or not it was actually abused or misused. Drilled a small hole in the top of the side panel of the toolbox to mount a small garbage receptacle? "Sorry buddy, that is a modification, and grounds for not covering the wheel that broke off two days after I sold it to you."

Matco dealers seem to be not quite as bad, from what I have heard via word of mouth. But I own only a few and have never personally broken a Matco tool, so I haven't had to try. If I wanted to throw a lot of money at good tools, I'd be considering calling the local Matco truck.
Squigie
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Off Topic