Somthing Different in Lighting..

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby angib » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:33 am

The rear foglight for Yurp influences a lot of tailight design, even for vehicles outside Yurp. There is a requirement for a minimum separation between the nearest points of the foglight and brake light of at least 100mm (~4"), so that a following driver can still clearly see when you brake. So you are tending to see 'linear' or long thin tailight designs to achieve this separation easily.

The French had the best foglights for a long time as they used amber (orange) colour so you could immediately distinguish foglights from tail or brake lights. But they were lost to Yurpeen standardization.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:30 am

Andrew thats a great lighting source you have shown on this thread..great variety... also the prices arent too bad.. I noticed also that they have the nice Ford Lights from the olden days there. Just wondering though if they have been approved here? Sure would be nice..

Andrew that requirement for the fog light sure holds true... :shock:

What are the requirements there of installing lighting on the fenders Andrew?

Classic Finn

PS them there fog lights for the back could be a lil nicer in Design here though.. On that site there sure tends to be that ...

Is that triangular warning reflector required to be positioned in a certain specified place?
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby angib » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:09 am

Heikki,

Unless there is a strict inspection to get your trailer registered, I bet there is no need to worry about whether your lights are e-marked, or where they are placed (within reason).

The whole world over, a policeman who sees a trailer which has working inidicators, tail and brake lights will be happy - because on many trailers they don't work! You can also fit triangular reflectors because all trailers do.

But look at this commercial motorcycle trailer from Finland - no rear reflectors!

And, yes, Finnish motorcycle trailers require reflectors (see page 69 of Finnish regs)

So fit sensible lights in sensible places and.... don't worry.

If there is a registration inspection, you can go to a boating place, buy a trailer lightboard for a boat trailer (around €30) and fit that temporarily to your trailer for the inspection. Once you have passed, take off the lightboard, sell it at half price to a happy boater and fit whatever lights you want to your trailer.

Andrew

PS No, I will not pay any fines you get......
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:04 am

Andrew I have one of them Light Boards...It has all the lighting required. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup they are very strict with these inspections....the best is not to go there on a Friday ... because they dont want to work overtime and are in a hurry to go for the weekend... And again dont go on Mondays because they all have the Monday Morning Blues or Blaas as we call it... :lol:

We,ll get it squared away... I,ll go out in the countryside inspection offices... there they are more down to earth and understand trailers..and much nicer than the big city Inspectors...

Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets