Somthing Different in Lighting..

Anything electric, AC or DC

Somthing Different in Lighting..

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:26 pm

Dear Friends

As Ive been doing a lot of searching for Eu approved lighting .... and its not a wide variety selection here... :(

I decided to go light hunting again today soooooo... not only did I buy somthing different to the "non existing" or almost - non existing teardrops here in the 2nd northernmost teardrop Country...

I went out to the local motorcycle outlets and a friend of mine who just loves the Harley... also said to come out and look at his lighting so that I did...

Well I did purchase Harley Davidson taillights ... which are also EU Approved ... (thank god somthing is) ....

There is one tear in California that has almost the same and it did appeal to me somehow...Its Mike from Lassenview teardrop that uses them.. not maybe the exact identical model but mine is close.

So here is what I bought.

And boy do they work Brightly....now to find the blinkers ...So this is added to the list of being different in an already different teardrop here in
our Lil Finland... :D :) The price of them here is ridiculously high as is everything else..And now ive got 2 license plate brackets... anyone have suggestions as to what I could put on the other bracket?

I was thinking a plate that mentions this website?????????

Here is the price I did pay ..... :shock: at 59Euro for 1...gulp... :crazy: $>

59.00 EUR
Euro = 75.8720 USD
United States Dollars
1 EUR = 1.28597 USD 1 USD = 0.777625 EUR

It only hurts once.... :D and ok weve got tail lights...

Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby madjack » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:48 pm

looks nice Heikki...take the bracket off the other light and toss it or find u a vanity/joke plate for it...if approved by the EU
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby KA » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:22 pm

What a good idea, Heikke. The light looks great.
Kris :thumbsup:
KA
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:56 pm

:o :applause: :D Very pretty Heikki.
Wish I could afford some like that. (Think Mike would pull my credit card). :lol: Keep the bracket in case the other gets bent. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Joanne » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:26 pm

Heikki,

That looks great! The price is high, but they will look really good on your tear!

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Toolie » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:43 am

Is that the kind of tail light that was on the Dragon Wagon (pulled by the Mini Cooper)?
Toolie
Slowest Teardrop Builder WANNABE

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:27 am

Toolie you are correct.. thats how I got the idea since all or majority of the lighting here must be EU Approved ... There are so many there in the USA that I could have liked and ordered but they would not have been approved here even if they have been in your homeland..

These are about the same indeed. So Im happy I found somthing I like here in lighting.. ;) And they are also different...

Classic Finn ;)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby sjptak » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:58 pm

Heikki,

Take a close look at the bulbs. If there are two elements, which I suspect, you already have your turn signals. The bulb should be one element for your taillights and the second element is much brighter for the brake and turn signal. I think you are cool with your lights. You shouldn't need anything more.
Stan

A tear drop wannabe but
a reasonably small TTT owner
sjptak
Teardrop Master

Postby Classic Finn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:09 am

sjptak wrote:Heikki,

Take a close look at the bulbs. If there are two elements, which I suspect, you already have your turn signals. The bulb should be one element for your taillights and the second element is much brighter for the brake and turn signal. I think you are cool with your lights. You shouldn't need anything more.

Ok Thank You I,ll check out the elements in it.. Didnt even think of it..
Just goes to show how good Im at electrical... UGH :cry:

I,ll let you know..

Best Regards Heikki

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby sjptak » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:33 am

I may have given you bad info. That light you have would work as I said for me on a teardrop while towing with my Chev Van. I wasn't thinking, but your vehicles have separate turn signals on that side of the pond. Over here, if we wanted to use those lights for running, stop and turn signals, we'd have to get an adaptor to make it work. I don't know if that would be available over there. Maybe your search for turn signals continue.

Sorry Heikki, I forget you are over there, and I'm ignorant when it comes to your laws. I shoulda kept my big mouth shut. :oops:
Stan

A tear drop wannabe but
a reasonably small TTT owner
sjptak
Teardrop Master

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:05 am

sjptak wrote:I may have given you bad info. That light you have would work as I said for me on a teardrop while towing with my Chev Van. I wasn't thinking, but your vehicles have separate turn signals on that side of the pond. Over here, if we wanted to use those lights for running, stop and turn signals, we'd have to get an adaptor to make it work. I don't know if that would be available over there. Maybe your search for turn signals continue.

Sorry Heikki, I forget you are over there, and I'm ignorant when it comes to your laws. I shoulda kept my big mouth shut. :oops:

No worry or harm done... :lol: :lol: I,ll get that figured out real soon..
I think I may have found some real cool signal lighting as well.. Going to look at it tomorrow.. I,ll keep you posted...

Im not an expert at any of this electrical myself... :oops:

Best regards

Heikki ;)
Last edited by Classic Finn on Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:06 pm

If you remember the interior lighting (below)

I went out on an expedition for parts today .... I went out and bought sort of a matching pair of front and side lighting..shape wise. All Led lighting Made in Germany.

1st lights are the side marker lights .. 4 in total - Front Side and Back Side

2nd lights are the forward front lights 2 in total to be set on each corner front.

3rd is the small License Plate Light

And 4th is the Triangular Reflectors - 2 in total for the back. And in my opinion are the most ugliest thing that has to be put on.

And last is also... Believe it or not a Mandatory Back Fog Light.

There is still an unlikely option (for me anyway) to change to much better Back Brake and Signal Lighting that is LED and much Brighter than the Harley Davidson ones up above and the Led Round Back Fog Light to Match. One Back fog is Mandatory and the 2nd is voluntary so to make the lights match equally

(Im in hopes the mandatory specs will allow for the Harley Lights Now... we,ll see). :worship:

It could be better however the ones below are over 80Euro or 102USD per piece but contain signal and brake lighting in one. The Fogs are same price. $> So what a price to pay for a set of 4 :? :o :shock:

Now starts the precision lighting installation according to our Laws Here. Which means so many inches from center and left and right and so many inches from here and there.. Just silly and time consuming. :?

Tomorrow I,ll show the specks that were provided by the Motor Vehicle Dept as to what and where goes where. :x Beauracracy :cry: For an example... No lighting to be installed on fenders themselves... :x :cry:

An example of the same rounded lighting and small back foglight on LIL Guy UK Trailer..plus the caution reflector on back of fenders.

Classic Finn ;)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby angib » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:05 pm

Heikki,

This guy in Britain does good price lights - they are intended for kit cars that will be thoroughly inspected so they are all E-marked. GBP 38 for a pair of 94mm LED lights is about Euro 56, or less for non-LED - better than Euro 80 each, even if you do have to add postage!

Image Image

Stafford Vehicle Components

And don't forget, you are in the EU now, so you can buy from anywhere else in the EU you like without tax or customs - that's the law.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby GHOSTSSX » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:24 pm

Heikki,

I don't understnad the back fog light.

It is red....so are tail lights not bright enough??

Can you explain that alittle more??

Just curious as I will not be driving in Finland anytime soon!!

CHUCK
GHOSTSSX
Teardrop Master

Postby asianflava » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:45 am

They are a bright light (red) that faces the rear. The way it was explained to me was. "It's for when the Porsche comes up on you at 100mph on the Autobhan he won't rear end you."

Rear foglights are a European thing. We have them here but you probably don't notice it. If you see a car with their front foglights on and one taillight brighter, the brake light isn't stuck on one side it's the rear foglight. The brighter taillight replaces the add on fog light. I usually see this on Volvos and Mercedes cars.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Next

Return to Electrical Secrets