To TV or not to TV?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Antenna? How do you put in antenna?

Postby gyroguy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:45 am

I don't think the little antenna on a 5" B&W TV could get anything but static inside a metal teardrop body.

For those of you who have TV but no satellite, what do you do for an antenna?

How do you put it in? Where do you put it?

What do you do with a TV antenna when you're on the move?

Never thought of any of this when building Crocodile Tear. But on rainy evenings it might make sense.
For build pix of Crocodile Tear, completed 10/26/06 -- Look at my album or new website <www.crocodiletear.com> (website has more info)
gyroguy
Teardrop Advisor

Mobile Video

Postby cuyeda » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:03 am

On my build list, I was going to entertain this idea. My company makes this. Just a suggestion. However, a small LCD TV could be carried to the outside galley, (alternate coax connection prewired) and hooked up if desired. Decisions, decisions... a bit pricey, it's only money, :lol: It also comes with interior lighting! wink wink.

....snip.... The new LZH-100W monitor with built-in DVD player features a 10.2 inch wide color TFT monitor with a retractable display and a 270° swivel function for optimum viewing adjustment, and the Anti-Glare screen coating makes viewing easier in various lighting conditions and seating positions. The display has multiple viewing modes, Zoom, Cinema, Wide and Full for DVD discs with different aspect ratios.

The built-in DVD player will play virtually any type of disc including VCD, CD, DVDR/RW, CD-R/RW and WMA and MP3 files on disc, and has built-in Dolby Digital decoding for stereo playback. The LZH-100W uses an automotive grade disc transport with anti-skip buffer for smooth playback. The unit also has a composite video input and stereo analog inputs for external audio/video sources, such as a camcorder, ideal for viewing vacation videos on the go.

The LZH-100W also incorporates two unique safety and convenience features; a parental audio control allows the driver to mute the audio to talk with a child watching the monitor in the back seat, and a 'direct play' button so a movie can be started quickly without viewing all of the menu options. The 'direct play' button is positioned so the driver can start a movie without having to look at the screen.

The LZH-100W includes two pair of wireless headphones with an infrared transmitter for private listening and includes a wireless remote control. Built-in dome lamps provide interior lighting for the vehicle and the unit is finished in Urethane for a soft feel.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Antenna? How do you put in antenna?

Postby Tripmaker » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:54 am

gyroguy wrote:I don't think the little antenna on a 5" B&W TV could get anything but static inside a metal teardrop body.

For those of you who have TV but no satellite, what do you do for an antenna?

How do you put it in? Where do you put it?

What do you do with a TV antenna when you're on the move?

Never thought of any of this when building Crocodile Tear. But on rainy evenings it might make sense.

A coax could be prewired in then it would be a simple matter to plug in a butterfly antenna and set it on the roof when you get to camp.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets