Anyone using Concorde or Optima Yellow-Top batteries...

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby asianflava » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:13 pm

Dooner wrote:What model # are you using? .

I'm at work so I'll have to see what the model number is when I get home

You say it is just for lights and fan? How many lights?

2 dome lights, and a reading light. 2 porch lights (not on all the time) 1 flourescent galley light runs off AA batteries. Oh yeah and my undertear LED lights about 14ft worth.

Are they just regular 12 volt lights or LEDs?

The dome lights are LED but the porch lights are incandescent

And I'm guessing one fan. You don't run any audio or video?

Yup one roof vent fan, I have the 10in Wal-Mart DVD player but I didn't have it during the camping season. Audio is an iPod which gets charged by the car.

We are going to have to get together sometime, so I can get an upclose and personal view of that TD of yours. I have some inlaws in Georgetown. And your only about 45 minutes from me

PM me if you want to come over. I'm usually free on Mon and Tue.

toypusher wrote:You might want to read this thread:http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=7021&highlight=optima

You brought back some ugly flashbacks, I was noticably absent from that thread. I wonder why? :thinking:
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dooner » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:53 pm

I'm going to have to apologize to all that posted to this thread and read it. I honostly thought that Optima was up to the hype.

:worship: I'm sorry. :worship:

I talked to my Brother-n-law tonight. He used to work for a company that delt in batteries. Mainly the kind for electric forklifts. And these batteries get a lot of disharge and charge. After he went over my head with all the tech talk :? I asked him, "So are they good or not?". He told me that we all would be better off with the Wallyworld battery and a good charger. Just take care of it, and it will last longer than the optima.

If you look at the link that Toypusher posted and find GeorgeTelford's post, he tells the same thing. And if you are willing to spend the price for an optima. Get two Wallys and have twice the amp hour. Or spare.
Dooner.
Image Image

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT!
Dooner
Gold Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:38 am

You might want to consider WHERE you are putting your battery in this equation. The Optima has very little or no off gassing and is safer in some installations. I have mine in the lower cabinet of the galley and fell much better about having the more sealed up Optima than a regular deep cycle battery. I realize that this may not be a true issue and I may be wrong about the Optima, but it makes me fell better. Make sure to ventilate your battery properly no matter which one you choose!!!
toypusher
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets