TV Antenna inputs. Any suggestions on this?

Anything electric, AC or DC

TV Antenna inputs. Any suggestions on this?

Postby wlooper89 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:16 pm

I am planning to add a DVD/CD player, radio and noticed some of them are combo and also have a TV tuner. I would probably use a separate flip-down monitor for the DVD and TV. Do any of the members who have a TV in their trailer have a recommendation on type of antenna for the radio and/or TV? My tear is wood and fiberglass so hopefully it could be internal, but I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks, Bill :)
wlooper89
Gold Donating Member

Postby kartvines » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Bill

There are so many ideas, after posting the same question about a year ago, I went with a Windgard clothesline type that I saw listed at the fish shack.

I liked it because I can take it off when I ma not using it, Have not tried it yet, because my restoration project is not completed yet. Just go to there web site and check it out.

HA-0130

For motor homes, camper trailers, mobile homes and boats. VHF/UHF/FM travel antenna picks up stations in all directions without rotator. Opens and closes like an umbrella, stores inside weatherproof tube. Includes weatherproof housing with rain cap, 75 ohm cable with connectors, mounting hardware.

Omni-Directional, means antenna will receive signal in all directions. Non-amplified.
Image..Image..Image..
Image.
kartvines
500 Club

Postby bdosborn » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:25 pm

I just bought one of these:
I haven't used it yet but I like how it folds away and how big it is. I've tried diversity antennas but I have a pair of rabbit ears that worked a lot better.
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Re: TV Antenna inputs. Any suggestions on this?

Postby DaveandDebbie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:55 pm

wlooper89 wrote:I am planning to add a DVD/CD player, radio and noticed some of them are combo and also have a TV tuner. I would probably use a separate flip-down monitor for the DVD and TV. Do any of the members who have a TV in their trailer have a recommendation on type of antenna for the radio and/or TV? My tear is wood and fiberglass so hopefully it could be internal, but I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks, Bill :)

Bill
Here is a link that I saved on that antenna http://www.summitsource.com/winegard-ha ... -4569.html After reading some of the other links I decided this was the one that would fit my needs. I can't remember the name of the posting but it seems to be a good one for the size :thumbsup: just remembered I have not ordered it yet glad you posted this :thinking: be wright back :thumbsup: Ok now its done :beer:
DaveandDebbie
Teardrop Advisor

Re: TV Antenna inputs. Any suggestions on this?

Postby wlooper89 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:16 pm

Dear Dave and Debbie,

Many thanks! A bit of surffing with the name you gave me turned up this one to consider. It might fit inside the cabinet or in the galley area, otherwide stowed in the tow vehicle. I like that it can be inside the tear without a hole to the outside.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=SS3000

It is by the same company as the one you mentioned.

Bill
wlooper89
Gold Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:38 pm

Wlooper89, that looks like a nice one but it might be too much of a space taker upper. I have one of the ones (the Hide-Away) bdosborn has and I like it. It doesn't pick up everything but does a nice job for the local stuff. Sonnetpro, Waliczek and CPASPARKS have one also. It's not a "powered amplifier" so you don't need any 120V to make it work. The only kicker is the length. I just measured mine and it's 50" totally collapsed and in the tube.

Sonnetpro mounts his on a PVC pipe and hoists it from the front of his rig, that way he gets it up high and doesn't have to mount it on the outside of his trailer.

Hope this helps in the decision :worship: ..........
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Sonetpro » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:41 am

Like Jeff said. I mounted it on PVC pipe. A couple of pieces with a sleeve in the middle so it breaks down. It mounts in a bracket on the tounge. We are happy with it.

}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby wlooper89 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:06 am

Thanks everyone for those ideas. I like the tongue mounting and the antenna being removable. Also the Hideaway is probably not as directional as the one I was looking at. Better not to have to get out to aim the antenna frequently.

Bill

[/quote]
wlooper89
Gold Donating Member

Return to Electrical Secrets